DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Duke Patrick's Safe Save Rev 3.2

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Duke Patricks - Safe Save

REQUIREMENTS

------------------------

OBSE 20 or better needed.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING THE NAG FEATURE INSTEAD OF THE AUTO SAVE FEATURE!

This prevents corrupt save files almost %100 of the time! This is now how I use this mod in my own game.

Rev 3.2 Micro update so that the"safe save in progress" message appears BEFORE the safe save actually start to process.

Rev 3.1 Bug fix for goldboom and I improved the container count feature. New minimum time between safe save feature to prevent too many safe saves in a short amount of time. New INI so be sure to use it.

Rev 3 Removed Player Control Disable feature as it seem to be causing the auto safe save to take up to 2 minutes to write to the hard drive sometimes. New Optional Feature for the ultimate safe save, a nag pop up instead of an auto save! This lets you then make a normal save (not a quick save) from the menu screen.

This mod monitors your combat and other game progress and calculates a Save Score based on how hard of a fight you had and other factors. Once you reach the Save Score Objective number or more the mod will Autosave your game under 1 of 4 savegames called DPSafeSave, but ONLY when it is most likely safe to do so unlike other types of autosaves.

This SAFE Autosave will be delayed if the game conditions would corrupt the file or result in a " moment of imminent death" save game file.

Some of the factors that are detected and delay the DP autosave are: Dangerous Water, In Combat, falling, Knocked State, near by traps (20 feet or less), player health is dropping such as from poison.

The calculation logic to accomplish all this is clever but simple, as such the mod is not 100% full

proof. But this mod was made as a personal mod just to patch this irritating issue in my game with Autosaves.

The Combat aspect of the Save Score only advances when you are in combat and in physical contact with your opponents ( being hit or hitting them.) This includes range combat and spell casting.

Other Features:

• Load Door Safe Save.
  • Timed Safe Save.
  • Sneak Attack Rampage Safe Save if you kill several targets while not in combat with any actor.
  • New Quest and Quest update Safe Save.
  • Each container you search advances your Safe Save Score
  • Distance Traveled Safe Saves ( INI settings for indoor and outdoors)
  • A jump in your number of gold coins Safe Save (per your INI setting)
  • Sleep Safe Save.
  • Wait Safe Save.
  • Various other Safe Saves that can be adjusted in the INI.

THANKS TO

-----------------

TheNiceOne for some Scripting voodoo to detect holding your breath under water.

ShadeMe for the CS extender that removes HOURS of frustration from moding Oblivion!

The OBSE team, what would Oblivion be today without their work?

And of course Bethesda for allowing all of us to shape and personalize our own virtual

playgrounds! They deserve every coin the get for this game!

What's New in Version Rev 3.2

Released

• Rev 3.2 Micro update so that the"safe save in progress" message appears BEFORE the safe save actually start to process.
  • Rev 3.1 Bug fix for goldboom and I improved the container count feature. New minimum time between safe save feature to prevent too many safe saves in a short amount of time. New INI so be sure to use it.
  • Rev 3 Removed Player Control Disable feature as it seem to be causing the auto safe save to take up to 2 minutes to write to the hard drive sometimes. New Optional Feature for the ultimate safe save, a nag pop up instead of an auto save! This lets you then make a normal save (not a quick save) from the menu screen.
  • Rev 2.4 Fix error in the INI file.
  • Rev 2.3: I had reduced the buffer time from 2 seconds down to .5 and this was too much. I started to get an occasional corrupt safe save file. So in this REV I bumped it up to 1 second. This will mean you will have to wait .5 seconds longer for the safe save to complete. But hopefully no more corrupt Safe Save files.
  • Rev 2.2 Bug fix that prevented skill level up safe saves.
  • Rev 2.1 Removed Nirnroot and wait and sleep from the list of events that are rest on each Safe Save. This means that even if you wait, sleep or find a root seconds after our last save a safe save will still trigger.
  • Rev 2 New trap detection system and you can adjust it in the new INI. Plus some small edits to reduce some repetitive safe saves.
  • Rev 1.7.1 QUEST UPDATE Safe Saves now work like a charm!
  • Rev 1.7 New Safe Saves for Potions Made, Slept, Wait, Nirn Roots Found, and New Place Discovered.
  • Rev 1.6 New gold coin Safe Save and drown Underwater Safe Save prevention setting.
  • Rev 1.5 Skill level up safe save and Sneak Attack Rampage Safe Save if you kill several target while not in combat with any actor. Plus experimental new quest and quest update safe saves. New INI options.
  • Rev 1.4 New Distance Traveled and Cell change Safe Save triggers. A small bug fix and new message system that tells you what kind of Safe Save was triggered when this auto save happens.
  • New INI options.
  • Rev 1.3.1 add trainer message to the container system.
  • Rev 1.3 Each container you search adds points to your Save Score. New INI file.
  • Rev 1.1.1 Removed a DEBUG popup message for dead actors. Sorry!
  • Rev 1.1 NEW Timer between Load Door Safe Saves, TIMED safe saves, Dead actor Crucifix bug fix, and all are optional. New INI file!
  • Rev 1 Checks Frame Rate to be sure there is not a high strain on the CPU before attempting to Safe Save.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Loving this mod so far, and a great alternative to using Streamsave if you don't want any of that mods other features. I have noticed that setting the 'GoldBoom' setting to 0 in an attempt to disable it doesn't work though. It just leads to constant autosaves. Easy enough to mitigate by setting it to a very high value, but thought you'd still like to know.

Very nice, but only keeps 4 auto-saves? That's kinda limited, IMO. Isn't there some way to configure the number of saves cycled?