DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Duke Patrick's Dragon and the Sword of Might 2.2

(0 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

Duke Patrick's Dragon and the Sword of Might

GOLD EDITION

Powerful and Classic Dragon, with fire breath that ignites the landscape!

This is a very old mod, the first quest mod I ever made! I am dusting it off and releasing it again in honor of the Skyrim dragons.

Original release date was in the late part of 2007 and had all of the following even back then:

Powerful and Classic Dragon, with fire breath that ignites the landscape!

Light Version: This light version has a smaller juvenile dragon with less lethal attacks.

Rename the esp to "Duke Patricks Dragon and the Sword of Might.esp" to use the light version.

Sword Of Might will banish the Evil known as Reflect Damage from an opponent that you hit with it! It will give you high resistance from poison and disease, and it will manhandle weaker opponents than yourself by sometimes knocking them back, knocking their shield out of the way and if your opponent is very small it will send them flying across the battlefield.

Originally this was only going to be a weapons mod. But I decided to throw in my "dragon project" and make a mini quest to earn the weapon.

I have been working on making a "classical" type dragon with brute strength and physical fire breath as its only weapons. So far it is just about what I want. The player will not be able to just stand in front of the Dragon leisurely swinging their sword. If you stand in one place you will be batted around like a rag doll! I am still trying to find a way to force the dragon to "fly" over your head more. Every once in a while it will depending on the terrain.

There will often be pools of fire on the ground after a breath of fire from the dragon. In a long fight this will result in a forest/bush fire with so much fire and smoke surrounding the player and dragon that it will force you to change your tactics, plus it looks REALLY cool!

REQUIREMENTS:

------------

You will need to have a 100 or better in Blade skill and Strength to finish this mod.

In order for this mod to work properly you will need to have the Akatosh mount installed.

Akatosh mount by Saiden Storm. get it here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10819# ( Sep/26/2011 Note: However this is a much newer ver, I hope it still works with my mod!)

NOT THE OMOD VERSION! YOU MUST USE THE MANUAL VERSION! At this time I am not sure yet if using the Akatosh mount OMOD version will override my new animation, sound and texture files or not.

INSTALLATION:

-------------

Only instal my mod AFTER installing the MANUAL version of Akatosh mount by Saiden Storm,

ONLY after you do that then you...

Unzip or drag the contents of the DukePatricksDragonAndTheSwordOfMight.zip into your oblivion\data directory.

If you are prompted to overwrite click 'yes', Do not worry, this

is simply a warning to you that you are writing into folders that

already exist, no files will be overwriten.

If dragging and dropping, be careful not to accidentally drag the files

into another folder in your oblivion/data directory.

If you want to use the light version, Delete the normal esp, then rename the Duke Patricks Dragon and the Sword of Might light version.esp file to "Duke Patricks Dragon and the Sword of Might.esp". DO NOT USE BOTH ESP FILES!

Playing This Mod

-----------------

Activate this mode by checking the box for Duke Patricks Dragon And The Sword Of Might.esp

(note, you do not need to check the Akatosh mount.esp unless you want to, and it may be best not to becasue my mod was made to use his older ver from 2007.)

YOU MUST LOAD MY MOD AFTER Akatosh mount.esp

Start your game and go to the Merchant's Inn to buy breakfast.

This is where your adventure will begin!

A SPOILER hint is at the bottom of this Read Me.

Thanks to:

(Without their help this mod would not have been made...by me anyway.)

-------------

TheTalkieToaster for script guidance.

Scruggsywuggsy The Ferret for script guidance.

WillieSea for script guidance.

kyoma for script guidance.

MadCat221 for script guidance.

bg2408 for script guidance.

And to Saiden Storm for the mod Akatosh Mount, his patients with me as a new moder in 2007, script guidance, and the necessary texture, 3d and movement files for the dragon!

Sword mesh and texture credits

-------------------------------

Sword Model created by theMackie

Original version textures created by theMackie

original version converted from .lwo to Nif by _VFV_

original version .esp by JDFan

Retex Version textures and Nif redone by JDFan using original version assets

Retex version .esp by JDFan

Alexscorpion's "more shiny" retex of the SWORD OF MIGHT

Legal

I worked very hard on this mod. This Mod is more a product of creativity, sweat and tears than script writing talent.

You must not use ANY of the resource in my mod that in anyway relate to the dragon unless you get permission from Saiden Storm to do so.

For the most advanced SCA combat with sword and shield:

http://www.spookyfx.com/book/tromp.html

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.