DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Insanity's Texture Pack - Skyrim 1.0

(7 reviews)

25 Screenshots

About This File

ISTPLogo.png

Sky_Desc_Fixed.png

Note: Please note this is still a work in progress, I'll be updating it over time as I make more textures. But for now, enjoy these :D

Insanity's Texture Pack is just that, it's my very own texture pack for Skyrim.

Now I;m not going to mention the usual HD, HQ, more detailed ect crap people put on their mods now, instead I will simple say this. The textures are high resolution, most range from 1024x1024 for small clutter items right through to 2048x2048 for things like landscape, they are all new (not used any originals except for reference) and more vibrant.

The textures have been designed with Skyrim's style in mind, so all the new textures will fir perfectly fine. So don't worry about jarring differences.

What does it change:

• Landscape textures - roughly 60% of them have been changed
  • Caves
  • Farmhouses - Riverwood, Winterhold ect
  • Clutter - Some random clutter, like barrels and the cart
  • Azura's Star Interior
  • Water
  • Sunglare
  • Snowflakes
  • Whiterun - About 50%-ish, enough to make a big difference

Secondary note: The reduced version will take a little while to setup and upload, so please be patient.

Installation.png

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Skryim's Data folder.

Un-Installing.png

1. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

Contact.png

InsanitySorrow @ TES Alliance

Legal.png

You may use this as you wish but you must credit me for my work. Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• 07/02/2012 - Initial WIPz Release
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I tried out Insanity's Texture pack yesterday and it is superb. It greatly enhances Skyrim without changing the nature and tone of the ambience, and the quality of the texture work is superb. I really endorse and encourage anyone who like superior quality visually in a game world to try it out for themselves. A lot of careful crafting and work went into this, and i hope that the pack is expanded for i can see places where we need MORE :)

thanks very much Insanity! Great work! i give this a 10 out of 10 rating. :thumbup::bowdown:

Beautifully done. I love the subtle details on clutter that I would miss if didn't have this mod. Thank-you IS :trophy:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I absolutely LOVE this pack! 5/5, 10/10, two thumbs up, whatever- it's very, very lovely.

Hello there,

I would really like to check out your texture mod, but I have an issue downloading it.

The download speed is limited to 10-15 KB/s and I am not able to download it completely, it always stops at 15-30 MB.

Is there another mirror for the "Insanity's Texture Pack - Skyrim 1.0" ?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Eckebrecht

37 minutes ago, Eckebrecht said:

Hello there,

I would really like to check out your texture mod, but I have an issue downloading it.

The download speed is limited to 10-15 KB/s and I am not able to download it completely, it always stops at 15-30 MB.

Is there another mirror for the "Insanity's Texture Pack - Skyrim 1.0" ?

Thanks in advance!

I was able to download it without trouble. Average speed being around 1.5MB/Sec......

3 hours ago, HeyYou said:

I was able to download it without trouble. Average speed being around 1.5MB/Sec......

Very strange, I tried multiple times, cleared all caches and restarted my pc. Maybe my troubles are due to my location? I am in Germany.

50 minutes ago, Eckebrecht said:

Very strange, I tried multiple times, cleared all caches and restarted my pc. Maybe my troubles are due to my location? I am in Germany.

Entirely possible..... Is your virus scanner trying to scan it as you download as well?

35 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Entirely possible..... Is your virus scanner trying to scan it as you download as well?

No, it isn't and I also tried to download with disabled scanner.

Try a download manager?

1 hour ago, Eckebrecht said:

No, it isn't and I also tried to download with disabled scanner.

16 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Try a download manager?

I did that now, though it took the whole night to download, I was finally able to download the complete package.

Unfortunetely, when I try to unpack it I get the error messages that multiple files are broken (see screenshot). 

extraction_error.JPG

Wonder why it is going so slow...... I downloaded it again today. Failed on the first attempt, second time came right down in less than five minutes. Average speed right about 1.5mb/s again.

Wonder if this is perhaps a routing issue? What download speed are you getting?

Might try doing a speed test, and using a server in Detroit, or someplace else stateside, and see what ya get.

Usage Permissions

You may use this as you wish but you must credit me for my work. Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

No. I can't...... Not in Germany by any chance, are you?

Nope. :) Insanity Sorrow is the author. I am just admin on the site, trying to figger out why folks are having troubles with the downloads. We recently moved to a new host, and I suspect that has a LOT to do with it.

Another member, also in Germany, is having trouble as well, which makes we wonder if this is an issue on our end, or, if it's a routing issue..... in which case, we wouldn't be able to do anything about it..

Are you just getting slow speeds, that eventually choke and die?

Well, I was finally able to download the whole package, at least I assume that, by using a download manager.

But the archive seems to be broken (see screenshot above in my last post).

HeyYou, could you please check wether you can unpack the archive and/or your package has the same size as mine?

ISTPS_FullRes 1.0.7z.JPG

Packed its 457mb. (479,665,110 bytes) Unpacked, minus the readme, its 877mb. It appears intact. At least, all the screenshots are good. (and looking at them, I think I'll install this while I am at it.....)

Unfortunately we're a small operation and don't have any European based servers so some large files will be difficult for European downloaders. I will contact IS about possibly uploading it in parts to make them easier to grab. The file itself is not corrupt, and the files inside are not broken. :)

On 9.8.2016 at 10:25 PM, 123321 said:

I'm done. I tried almost everything for about 4 hours and nothing worked. Have fun trying future germans!

Well, that is an unnecessary and also unrepresentative comment...

On 10.8.2016 at 5:52 PM, DarkRider said:

Unfortunately we're a small operation and don't have any European based servers so some large files will be difficult for European downloaders. I will contact IS about possibly uploading it in parts to make them easier to grab. The file itself is not corrupt, and the files inside are not broken. :)

Speaking for me, I am gratefule for every source that makes my Skyrim experience better. Keep up the great work guys!

I will come back from time to time and will check whether I can get my hands on these highly recommended textures.

In the meantime I will continue to tweak my mod setup.

Thanks again guys for your support.

I downloaded the file 2x and I cannot unarchive the file. Error, cannot open file as an archive.  can someone else please check the integrity of the file?

Edit: I just can't get the file to download completely.  It keeps ending prior to getting the full download.  And I'm not in Germany.  In Canada, major city with good internet

Edited by mcshame

47 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Try using a different browser, or download manager.

Hello, thanks for your answer. I tried everything (Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Internet explorer) nothing works.

I tried to use Jdownloader and Microsoft download manager but this doesn't work since the software cannot access to the download link (no account)

Maybe i'm missing something ?

Sorry for my poor english :/