DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul Version 1.35a

(41 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

UPDATE 26/6/2015

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 136 is released and is the recommended version. I'll keep the 1.35a version up for a while, but will probably hide it later on to avoid confusion regarding versions. Many thanks to WalkerInShadows for taking over the reins of OOO!

(UNOFFICIAL) ADD-ONS BY KOBAL:

Equipment Add-on for OOO

DOWNLOAD: TES Nexus

Creature Addons for Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul (OOO)

DOWNLOAD: TES Nexus

UPDATE 31/01/2015

Many thanks to WalkerInShadows for the fixes in OOO 1.35a!

Name: Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

Version: 1.35a

Date: 18/01/2015

Category: Game Overhauls

Author: Sotobrastos/dev_akm/MadCat 221/MiSP/Team Alpha/WalkerInShadows

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.0416

=================

Changelog:

=================

* Fixed the model for the tarnished Imperial Legion helm so it shows up properly.

* Fixed the mesh for the perfect pearl (it was using the flawless pearl mesh).

* Fixed the missing textures for most of the meteoric arrows (the ones that needed it).

* Fixed the missing meshes/textures/icons for hellhound skin and mazken skin.

* Fixed the missing jaguar textures.

* Fixed the dead Dragonborn Knight outside Goblin Jim's Cave who was buried in the ground.

* Added the female mesh/ground model to the Heaven's Fury cuirass (they were present, just not assigned).

* Added the missing gem icons to the BSA.

* Added map markers for Grave Ground Cave and Deep Cover Cave.

* Grounded/adjusted various objects as necessary.

* Ran TES4Files on the BSA and removed lots of unusued/duplicate files.

Name: Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

Version: 1.35

Date: 14/07/2012

Category: Game Overhauls

Author: Sotobrastos/dev_akm/MadCat 221/MiSP/Team Alpha

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.0416

=================

Description:

=================

Due to the BSA format and it's overlap with other mods (most notably COBL and Mart's Monster Mod) it's essential that all previous versions and resource files of OOO are completely removed prior to the install of version 1.35

Failure to do so will result in many missing files and erroneous installation.

=================

Details:

=================

Listed are the major alterations and additions that have been made since version 1.34 beta5.

We've included a couple of new surprises. Don't want to spoil anything, but you'll find them during the course of your adventures.

General changes and additions include:

•A completely new quest by Shadowborn. Without giving away too much, the quest is designed for mid-level characters. It involves the Knights of the Dragonborn and the various Goblin Tribes.

•A large selection of unique rewards for killing Gargoyles. Finally some well-deserved rewards can be gained if you are brave enough to defeat these powerful monsters. Huge thanks to bg2408 for this.

•Additional in-game hints, clues, and lore related to the some of the unique static items you can find. Thanks to Dazu in relation to SunChild.

•Massive corrections to the spelling and grammar in the books, notes, and other texts added by OOO. Huge thanks to Dazu for this.

•Support for Knights of the Nine. Adapted from FCOM_Knights, this optional plugin rebalances KotN with stronger enemies, OMOBS weapon stats, and resolves conflicts with the quest rewards.

•PyFFI mesh optimizations and BSA resources! Resources optimized and moved into a BSA file! This involves a huge amount of work and testing to get the BSA working properly, including fixes for texture paths, missing mipmaps, and various mesh properties. See separate change list below for details.

•Light of Dawn sword scripts now include better detection of player vampire status.

•Removed debug comments from LapDrunkScript.

•Additional improvements for Carla Du Vrey and Hindaril.

•Additional script fixes for AMIW.

•OMOBS fixes and tweaks by BFG99.

Changes related to the BSA conversion include:

• New BSA format which includes all Textures, Meshes and Sounds.

•Changed mesh and texture paths to avoid overlaps with Martigen's Monster Mod for some creatures used in both mods.

•Added mipmaps to all "worn" armor textures.

•Fixed bad texture path in the "unfinished steel" cuirass meshes.

•Renamed the "unfinished steel" armor meshes to "cuirass.nif".

•Includes PyFFI mesh optimizations by HawkerT. Optimizations include: architecture, clutter, dungeons, harvest, RD, Rocks, va, Weapons.

•Added mipmaps and removed unused alpha channels from defensive staffs; removed transparency settings from NIF properties on the staffs that don't use transparency.

•New ESM/ESP is included due to changes in "unfinished steel" armor mesh paths. Plus a cleanup of many armour models.

-Optional No deadric items esp. Self explanatory.

-A few little surprises in the form of new enemies.

-Minor fixes and alterations, many of which details I've forgotten

Thanks!

Team Alpha

dev_akm - Project Leader

Corepc - Help with everything

Showler and Shikishima - Improved scripts, bug fixes, beta testing, forum support.

Shadowborn - Improved scripts, bug fixes, Dragonborn quest, LoD fix, beta testing and a whole lot more.

daemondarque - Beta tester, armour mesh improvements, forum support.

Sen-Chan – Massive assistance and support with armor meshes

Arkngt - Extensive beta testing, enormous support with the forum threads.

....and many others that have been involved over the years.

And of course a huge thanks to Sotobrastos (Oscuro) for his wonderful creation

=================

Installation:

=================

===============

Manual Install

===============

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data folder.

2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.esp file(s).

===============

OBMM Install

===============

Installing the Mod

1. Extract the archive to any other folder.

2. Copy the extracted archive to [install Path]\Oblivion\OBMM\Mods\

3. Start Oblivion Mod Manager

4. Click the Create button

5. Click the Add Archive button, navigate to the archive and select it, then click the Yes button.

6. Click the Create OMOD button, wait until it finishes, then click the Ok button

Activating the Mod

1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager

2. Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen, once installed the mod icon will turn blue

===============

BAIN Install

===============

1. Copy the entire archive into your Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder.

2. In Wrye Bash Installers tab, highlight the new archive.

3. Check any sub-folders, ESP/ESM's as required.

4. Right click the archive name and Install.

5. In Wrye Bash Mods tab, check the ESP/ESM's and rebuild Bashed patch. (Also recommended to run BOSS first).

Harvest Flora version 3.01 is also included in the archive. BOSS is recommended at all times to sort your load order, but ensure the file loads after the OOO esp to avoid the known crash issue with the harrada plant.

Living Economy - Consider using Enhanced Economy instead as Living Economy has some issues, for example the 65 K bug which means that sometimes when a merchant has quite little money left when you sell something, the merchant suddenly receives around 65000 gold to barter for, instead of 0. Enhanced Economy is issue free, has many more features, is compatible with mod added items and completely customizable. Requires OBSE.

Level Rates Modified - Skill level rates are c. 3x slower in OOO than in the original game on default. but users might want to consider using Fundament instead http://oblivion.nexu....com/mods/41005

Updating your save to 1.35

It's advised to wait out your game respawn (default 3 game days) away from all creatures and npc's. One way is to use the console "coc testinghall" then return using "coc Weye"

A full and very detailed readme can be found http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/OOO/

Version 1.33 changelog http://devnull.sweet...ngelog_FAQ.html

Beginners tips at http://forums.bethso...s-tips-for-ooo/ (contains spoilers)

Walkthrough and starters guide http://www.yacoby.ne...1185121620.html (contains spoilers)

Incompatibilities and patches if available http://www.uesp.net/...Compatible_Mods

Spoilers Thread 28 http://forums.bethso...ers-thread-28//

Spoilers http://devnull.sweet...oospoilers.html

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

===============

Manual Un-Install

===============

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.esp file(s).

2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

===============

OBMM Un-Install

===============

1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager

2. Double click the mod to deactivate it, once finished the icon will turn green

===============

BAIN Un-Install

===============

1. In Wrye Bash Mods tab, deselect the ESP/ESM's associated with this mod.

2. In Wrye Bash Installers tab, right click on the archive name and Uninstall.

3. Rebuild Bashed patch.

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

Elderscrolls Construction Set

TES4Edit

TES4Gecko

TES4Files

Nifskope

Pyffi

=================

Licensing/Legal:

=================

No redistribution, re-use or copying any part of this mod without prior written consent

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for the update. Oblivion without OOO is like an orange without vitamin C.

Is there any particular area/quest you wish for users to beta test ? Anything to help accelerate 1.35 final :)

Thanks for the update. Oblivion without OOO is like an orange without vitamin C.Is there any particular area/quest you wish for users to beta test ? Anything to help accelerate 1.35 final :)

Nothing particular.

This release is really all about tying up loose ends from previous versions and correcting anything that may have cropped up when adding new content with this before going final.

Playing the game as normal will reveal anything that may have slipped past.

The Dragonborn quest can be triggered by visiting Fatback Cave.

You may want to check out the latest developments over on ESF to keep on top of anything you should be aware of.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1347478-relz-oscuros-oblivion-overhaul-135-public-beta/

-Shikishima-

I love OOO, and I have the 1.34b version(I installed 1.33 with the .exe installer), and I want to update to 1.35. From what I have read, I need to remove all of the files that 1.33 installed to avoid serious issues? Because I want to finally go with FCOM since it's v1.0 now, and I have to update OOO and MMM for it to work properly.

I love OOO, and I have the 1.34b version(I installed 1.33 with the .exe installer), and I want to update to 1.35. From what I have read, I need to remove all of the files that 1.33 installed to avoid serious issues? Because I want to finally go with FCOM since it's v1.0 now, and I have to update OOO and MMM for it to work properly.

The easiest way to remove previous versions would be converting to an OMOD, installing then unistalling.

If your unsure how to proceed http://hammondslegac...create_omod.asp

Any further advice contact us on the ESF http://forums.bethso...ivion-overhaul/

-Shikishima-

Installing problem

I'm a beginner in using mods and I'm probably not experienced enough in installing them. At least I can't get OOO 1.35 to work. I chose the install via OBMM. Here is a description of what I did. I hope somebody can tell me what went wrong and how I can solve the problem.

1. Download of the file

2. I created an empty folder

3. Extracting the download file to the new folder - first problem: I couldn't extract the file because it is not .rar or .zip. Fortunately OBMM has a bsa browser. You get a long list of files. I told the browser to extract all files to my empty folder. In the end I had three new folders called meshes, textures and sound

4. According to the description I should copy the extracted archieve to the mods folder - second problem: I had no archieve but three folders. So I simply copied these folders to the mods folder.

5. I started OBMM and clicked the create button.

5. Now I should add an archive but I had no archive, only three folders. So I chose the add folder button. On the bottom of the create omod window I chose data files instead of plugins and finally clicked the create omod button.

6. After some time OBMM told me that the mod had been created successfully. It appeared on the right side of the OBMM window.

7. I activated the new mod. After some time the square in front of the mod name on the right side turned blue, indicating that the mod had been activated successfully. However no OOO .esp appeared on the left side of the OBMM window, therefore I guess the mod was not installed correctly at all.

It's all because I cannot handle bsa files, right?

Any help is welcome.

Installing problem

I'm a beginner in using mods and I'm probably not experienced enough in installing them.

Any help is welcome.

I don't want to clutter the reviews with install issues.

Come talk to us on the Bethseda Forums (linked above) and we'll talk you through any problems.

-Shikishima-

Are the Add-Ons outdated with the new 1.35? For instance, if you wanted to use a different leveling system, you had to use the levelstock.esp.

The add-ons are still valid for this version. They haven't altered since 1.33.

When talking about a leveling system I assume your not talking about nGCD or Realistic Leveling, but the actual leveling rate?

In either case they should load after the OOO esp in your mod listing. Nothing else is required.

-Shikishima-

Hey everyone, just getting back into Oblivion after playing it when it first came out. I'm trying to build the ultimate game with a complete graphics, gameplay and quests overhaul. I tinkered with OOO awhile back, and loved the changes it made to the game. Does anyone know if this version includes the Deadly Reflexes mod? Deadly Reflexes alters fighting in the game and includes these great finishing moves, like decapitations and stuff. If not can you use Deadly Reflexes with OOO? Thanks.

Sigh out of all the time's I wanted alluring potion bottle's it has to be incompatible with ooo

Check the Alluring Potions download for a compatibility patch.

• Upvote 1

The 1.35 BSA has a couple of odd entries:

meshes\armor hesilverdragonorder\m hedragonsshadeofwar -- In 1.33 (and possibly prior) this appeared to be a .NIF file without the .NIF extension.

textures\menus\icon\armor\darkglass.7z -- the \darkglass\ directory does have a bunch of .dds files, so this might have been left over after unpacking prior to re-packing as a BSA.

Is it possible tu use cobl with this version of ooo iam curently using Cobl 1.72 is there any problems? Or is there any guide how to instal cobl after ooo 1.35?

Great work guys,you continued and improved Oscuro's work, I have a question though, why don't you make a full FCOM install with all the Francesco + WarCry + Oscuro + Martigen (and others you deem wordy to be added) , all in one?

I ask you this from the point o view of a average computer user who can screw up something when install all of them and see that the game crashes and have to start all over again ....

If I think better it will be a good idea , there are some weird things with all together, all I can think in this moment are 2 sets of Ayleid Coins one by one mod other by another, but there are many more, and if someone do this (merge them in one install) this things shod disappear .

RESPECT

• Upvote 1

Is it possible tu use cobl with this version of ooo iam curently using Cobl 1.72 is there any problems? Or is there any guide how to instal cobl after ooo 1.35?

Your safe using 1.72 with a couple of notable exceptions until the pending COBL update is completed

From the ESF COBL thread http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1204408-relz-cobl-no17/page__view__findpost__p__21479402

If you need further advise on COBL I suggest asking there.

-Shikishima-

• Upvote 1

And I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this, but the main Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp provided here is considered the 'Full' version, correct?

@42wolfe42

Yep, the main files are the full version. The "LITE version no longer has support although the optional files will let you tweak your setup to some degree. Do check the included readme though if using any of these.

@Tahrr

That's a request that been asked for often in the past http://www.uesp.net/...this_to_work.3F

• Upvote 1

so yeah i know this isn't the place for bugs but im new to these forums and i dont know where to go sooo....

the female blade at the start is a floating head...and what appears to be shadow textures are bright yellow triangular things...

so i figure this part of the missing textures download and maybe im just a failure at installing mods but nonetheless, help much appreciated please, not a game breaker but quite annoying

so yeah i know this isn't the place for bugs but im new to these forums and i dont know where to go sooo....

the female blade at the start is a floating head...and what appears to be shadow textures are bright yellow triangular things...

so i figure this part of the missing textures download and maybe im just a failure at installing mods but nonetheless, help much appreciated please, not a game breaker but quite annoying

Come talk to us at our home thread on ESF and we'll walk you though any problems. http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1411629-relz-oscuros-oblivion-overhaul-135/

-Shikishima-