Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Feb 14 2012 08:38 AM
  • Last Updated: Sep 04 2014 09:17 PM
  • File Size: 4.4MB
  • Views: 11608
  • Downloads: 509
  • Usage Rights/Permissions: Please see the readme for details.

Download Alternate Start - Live Another Life 2.5.2

alternate start helgen roleplay character generation

Screenshots
Misery and despair have haunted you all your life. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, you've been arrested and thrown in the dungeons. Your trial was supposed to be weeks ago, only nobody has come for you. It's been so long since seeing daylight you no longer know what month it is anymore. The dungeon is cold, damp, and worse still, you're running out of food. At least you have that leak in the wall for water. It seems as though you've been forgotten, soon to rot away and die. The eight have forsaken you! Or... have they?

Live Another Life provides an alternative means to start the game for those who do not wish to go through the lengthy intro sequence at Helgen. You will be given the opportunity to choose your race and then choose a new life for your character to lead. A wide variety of choices will be available. What you choose will have a lasting impact, so choose carefully or the gods may forsake you again!

What's New in Version 2.5.2 (See full changelog)

• First person mode will now be forced when using the vanilla start to avoid critical bugs that happen if that start gets chosen while still in 3rd person.
  • Added a new mesh to support the Hearthfire add-on for the farmhouse start.
  • Added a new ESP that provided support for moving a spouse and up to 6 children into the home if Hearthfire and Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions are installed.
  • The trigger used for setting the quest stage when using the cell escape start should have been disabled if any other start was chosen. Otherwise it will cause the player to be transported back to their chosen start location if it's encountered later.
  • The chargen quest will now be self contained and will show up in the journal as "A Second Chance". A new stage has been added that will close out the journal with a more appropriate log.
  • The trigger in Dragonsreach that sets up the scene with Balgruuf about Helgen was moving him without first checking if he was already in the room, which could result in him floating in a seated position away from the throne.

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

Couldn't wait to play this, have a note and a bug to report though. First the note, the lighting in the opening scene is really dark for character gen, I can see the character clearly. Secondly, the buglet, I chose the Imperial Soldier life and my hands are still tied. After talking to Legate Rikke, my hand are still tied. XD
Er. I have no idea how the lighting is so dark for so many people. I'm not even using lighting mods and I had to scale it back because it was making the chargen setup too washed out looking.

Do you mean tied up as in fully bound still? I know it starts you off with your wrists crossed, but if you ready a weapon it goes away. I wasn't able to find anything in the scripting that even remotely indicated how the hands get unbound during the Helgen quest, so I assumed that since I didn't tell them to get bound that they wouldn't be.
Yeah wrists crossed, I couldn't pick anything up, didn't try a weapon. When I drew a weapon that seemed to correct itself. The unbinding is in quest MQ101, result scripts in stages 202 and 240 should give you some clues to refine that if you wish.

Creative notes, the intro is really quite good, but might play better described as a dream sequence. I noticed upon entering the Imperial Soldier life, I didn't buy I was part of that world, everything was still marked as belonging to someone else, there wasn't even a bed I could sleep in in this faction hall. Might be a nice touch to immerse a bit more, not sure if you already planned that. :thumbup:

I'm off to try some more, the shipwreck was great but I was in the ship forever (user error) and would have liked to see more bodies floating about the wreckage XD

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

13 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

5 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), guybee, haashf, Salamander2014, TOWDrac, Chaddiestduder12