View other files from this member
- Submitted: Jun 17 2012 09:11 AM
- Last Updated: Sep 15 2012 09:35 AM
- File Size: 30.82MB
- Views: 3786
- Downloads: 230
- Usage Rights/Permissions: Permission needed to re-upload.
Download Hunting in Skyrim 1.2.1
Hunting Hunter Class Roleplay
Please read the installation instructions.
This mod was inspired by the hunting gameplay, missions, and challenges in Red Dead Redemption.
New No Perks version release, for skill tree and perk mod changing compatibility.
Hunting in Skyrimis a roleplaying mod that introduces a hunting class system to the game. Adds better hunting prices, new perks, a Guild, quests, and more!
Visit The Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun, or talk to the Hunters wandering the wilds of Skyrim to learn more.
Inside the Guild you'll find a journal on a table. Read it, take it, and you'll begin your journey to become the greatest hunter Tamriel has ever known.
Goals of this mod.
This mod is still a work in progress. The Guild is added, as well as the first NPC and initial quests. This mod is ongoing, and will have more content added over time. Also over time, the Guild becomes more complete in-game! A feature I'm also working on is enabling the player to erect trophies for hunting kills. Like the legendary beasts, or a simple Elk trophy. See my Guild WIP video for an idea as to how it may look. More info on that to follow.
What this mod does.
This mod adds a Hunting Guild to Skyrim. The player can complete quests and challenges, rising through the ranks and gaining renown for completing tasks.
I have also introduced new perks to the game, centered around hunting. They give bonuses to both damage and protection against animals, and at later levels, all creatures including Dragons.
The first Legendary Animal is added to the game, as part of a Guild Quest.
I have also adjusted the base value of hunting "loot" so that it's a much more viable source of income. I have tried to keep it balanced and the values not too high.
- Recommended mods -
Nordic Hunter light armour
Real Wildlife Skyrim
- New Perks -
- Archery skill tree -
Required Rank - Perk - Effect
30 - Hunter's Strike 1 - Bows do 10% more damage to animals
40 - Hunter's Strike 2 - Bows do 20% more damage to animals and creatures
60 - Hunter's Strike 3 - Bows do 30% more damage to animals and creatures
70 - Hunter's Strike 4 - Bows do 40% more damage to the undead
90 - Hunter's Strike 5 - Bows do 50% more damage to the Dragons
70 - Hunter's Discipline 2 - Recover every arrow from dead bodies.
Please note sometimes this won't happen, and is not due to the perk. Possibly a bug, but sometimes your arrows just get lost. There was a similar issue in Oblivion.
80 - Vampire Hunter - Bows do 40% more damage to Vampires
- Light Armour skill tree -
Required Rank - Perk - Effect
40 - Hunter's Agility 1 - Damage taken from animals reduced by 20%
50 - Hunter's Agility 2 - Damage taken from animals reduced by 30%
70 - Hunter's Agility 3 - Damage taken from animals and creatures reduced by 40%
- New Prices -
- Pelts - Hides - Leather
Item - Old Value - New Value
Werewolf Pelt - 20 - 200
Snow Bear Pelt - 75 - 150
Cave Bear Pelt - 60 - 120
Bear Pelt - 50 - 100
Snow Sabre Cat Pelt - 40 - 80
Sabre Cat Pelt - 25 - 50
Ice Wolf Pelt - 15 - 30
Wolf Pelt - 10 - 20
Deer Pelt - 10 - 20
Snow Fox Pelt - 7 - 14
Fox Pelt - 5 - 10
Horse Hide - 15 - 30
Cow Hide - 10 - 20
Deer Hide - 10 - 20
Goat Hide - 5 - 10
Leather - 10 - 25 (Also changed weight from 2 to 1)
Leather Strips - 3 - 6
Version 1.2 (Guild and Quests) 12/8/12
- Added the start of the Guild, in the basement of the Drunken Huntsman. Navmeshed, so follower friendly.
- Added Elberond, the Guild Porter, for dialogue and quests
- Added quests, 5 in total to get the mod started
- Added some dynamic dialogue to the Hunters already in the game
Version 1.2.1 (Guild and Quests - Fixed land) 13/8/12
- Fixed scewed land near Whiterun.
- Ongoing and near-future plans -
- Complete Guild Hall itself (progress screenshots will be uploaded)
- Add spoken dialogue to NPCs
- Add higher level quests for the Guild - (PRIMARY - 4/8 QUESTS COMPLETE)
- Add Trophies for main guild quest creature kills - (PRIMARY - 6 COMPLETE - ONGOING)
- Add Hunters to be members of the Guild. All named with dialogue.
- More plans and ideas to follow.[/color]
Installation and Compatibility
Due to a bug with the current version of Skyrim, to ensure dialogue works properly, please load the game with Hunting in Skyrim enabled, then save the game, and then load that save.
- Manual Installation -
Extract the .esp file and the textures, meshes, scripts, sound, and readmes folder to your Skyrim\Data folder. Using a mod manager ensure Hunting in Skyrim.esp is ticked. Or from the Skyrim Launcher, in Data Files. Overwrite existing files if updating.
- Uninstallation -
If you uninstall this mod after putting perk points into the new perks, you will not get them back after uninstalling.
Deactivate and Uninstall using Nexus Mod Manager if you installed it that way, or manually delete Hunting in Skyrim.esp and all subsequent files from your Data folder which includes textures, meshes and scripts etc that belong to this mod.
- Compatibility and Conflicts -
New No Perks version is fully compatible with all mods that alter perks and skill trees. Current version is 1.2.1, same as normal.
If you use Open Cities Skyrim, then Hunting in Skyrim.esp must be loaded before Open Cities Skyrim in your load order. BOSS will sort this automatically.
Should be compatible with Dawnguard. Should be compatible with most mods.
I haven't altered food values, so as to not conflict with needs/survival mods as best as I can.
Should be compatible with ASIS. Compatible with Real Wildlife Skyrim.
Will conflict with any mods that alter the value or stats of Pelts, Hides, and Leather (also weight) and Leather Strips.
For mods that change something you want, just load my mod before that one in your load order. That way you get my changes, and that mod changes overwrite mine.
This mod has never been touched by TESVSnip, and is always tested/maintained with the most up-to-date game and Creation Kit patches.
I would like to thank the users of Bethesda's Skyrim Creation Kit forums for helping me to learn scripting, quests, and general CK usage. To name just a few (in no particular order)...
Alexander J. Velicky
Without your help this mod would never be.
Thank you to Athyra (ACE - Skills Overhaul creater) for your help with compatibility advice. (No Perk Tree version of Hunting in Skyrim in the works - Perks rewarded by other means than a skill tree)
Also to Grace Darkling and Paddyy for their lovely HQ Map, included in my mod. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3306
Thank you to Artisanix for creating such wonderful paintings for a modder's resource. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17423
Thank you to Bellyache for creating awesome new animal textures and sharing with the world. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3621
As best I can I will include all of my script source files, so anyone who wants to learn from what I've done can do so.
I always appreciate any feedback and bug reporting. Please feel free to comment.
You may need at least Skyrim version 1.4 to use this mod.
As is the general practice of mod usage, please remember to backup your save before using this mod.
I have a test room inside the Guild, with dummy objects for testing activating various objects in the Guild. If you get inside by turning off collisions, don't save the game after messing around. You'll break your quests.
If you like this mod please rate and comment.
Also available on
As a compliment to this mod, I recommend using my Hunter player home, Woodsman's Shack. Link here
What's New in Version 1.2.1 (See full changelog)
- Version 1.1 (Balancing update)
- - Fixed minor spelling mistakes
- - Lowered Vampire damage to 40% from perk
- - Lowered value each animal damage perk by 10% for balancing
- - Lowered value Dragon damage % to 50
- - Increased level requirement for Hunter's Agility 3 to 70
- - Increased Leather value to 25, Leather Strips to 6
- - Lowered weight of Leather to 1
- - Added second rank to Hunters Discipline, recover all arrows at level 70
- Version 1.12 (Preparation Update) 24/6/12
- - Added door in The Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun (none working for now, for the "Guild"). Note pinned to the door explaining future plan for The Drunken Huntsman.
- Version 1.2 (Guild and Quests) 12/8/12
- - Added the start of the Guild, in the basement of the Drunken Huntsman. Navmeshed, so follower friendly.
- - Added Elberond, the Guild Porter, for dialogue and quests
- - Added quests, 5 in total to get the mod started
- - Added some dynamic dialogue to the Hunters already in the game
- Version 1.2.1 (Guild and Quests - Fixed land) 13/8/12
- - Fixed scewed land near Whiterun.
Other files you may be interested in ..
Yesterday, 11:24 PM
May 20 2013 05:30 AM
May 17 2013 05:04 PM
May 14 2013 01:50 PM
May 14 2013 01:42 PM
May 14 2013 09:45 AM
May 09 2013 07:20 PM
May 09 2013 06:59 PM
Jun 02 2012 10:09 PM
Nov 26 2009 08:58 PM
Feb 08 2012 08:46 PM
Feb 10 2010 12:23 AM
Feb 11 2010 12:08 PM
Jul 05 2010 04:55 AM
Jan 31 2013 12:14 AM
Dec 16 2012 12:42 PM
- 1,165 Total Files
- 136 Total Categories
- 242 Total Authors
- 301,898 Total Downloads
- The Lost Wonders of Mzark Latest File
- Trainwiz Latest Submitter
9 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
4 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users
kaos_sita, hanesher, Aleman13, gcop, Bing (1)