DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

FCOM : Convergence 1.0

(26 reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

================================

FCOM: Convergence

Francesco + WarCry + Oscuro + Martigen

(aka Cry FranOOOMMM)

UPDATE 2015/06/26: Thanks to maura amalia for the Unofficial FCOM Convergence Patch. Hopefully the fixes might be integrated into an upcoming update.

WARNING: FCOM is not for the faint of heart. It may chew your game up into tiny bits and spit it back in your face! Yes, Wrye Bash really is required.

There's no readme included with the download. Just this readme, the website and the files. These explain everything extensively. Please read everything before posting to ask for help since it's very likely your question has already been answered. If you really do need help, feel free to post your questions, but be prepared to include a copy of your load order. To find this in Wrye Bash, simply right-click on the column header in the Mods tab, then select "List Mods". See Asking For Help for more details.

=============

KABOOM!

=============

FCOM: Convergence started as an experiment in compatibility and has grown into something more than the sum of its parts.

FCOM shatters previous barriers in the Oblivion mod community by letting you play four of the largest Oblivion "overhaul" mods at the same time -- Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, Martigen's Monster Mod, Oblivion WarCry, and Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items. It also seeks to show how new item and/or creature expansion mods can be added directly to this environment, and thus includes direct support for Bob's Armory, Loth's Blunt Weapons, Exnem Runeskulls, Cobl, Tamrielic Ingredients, Knights of the Nine, Tamriel Travelers, and many other popular mods.

FCOM: Convergence Homepage [with screenshots] (This site will be updated shortly. Meantime use the site as a reference along with this readme)

FCOM on the Oblivion Mod Wiki http://www.oblivionm.../index.php/FCOM

FCOM provides complete unification of Mart's Monster Mod and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It brings all of the numerous new creatures, NPCs, and items added by MMM and OOO into a consistent and balanced structure. In addition, it integrates Francesco's vast collection of new items and named NPC bosses along with new creatures and items from Oblivion WarCry.

To make all these great mods work together, FCOM provides a common infrastructure for a series of patches, rebalancers, and relevelers that work with the Bashed Patch feature of Wrye Bash. FCOM also provides a bunch of FCOM Optional Add-Ons to let you further customize your experience. These options tweak various gameplay aspects and improve compatibility for a wide range of popular mods.

If you're looking for extensive compatibility guidelines, patches, more great OMOBS-balanced weapon mods, etc., then check out the FCOM wiki pages on UESP!

==========================================================================

See the Version History page for details on prior versions

Be sure to get the Entropic Order Rebalance, which fixes several issues already discovered with the Entropic Order (that patch download also includes an optional EntropicOrderHardcore plugin that makes them extremely deadly; use either the Rebalance or Hardcore, not both)

========================================

Uninstall all previous versions and resource files

========================================

Recommended install order:

FCOM makes it possible to play Francesco's, WarCry, OOO and MMM together. It also adds support for other mods, such as Bob's Armory, Loth's Blunt Weapons, Cobl, Knights of the Nine etc. You can play FCOM in countless combinations as only OOO and MMM are required as the "base".

For compatibility reasons with the MMM BSA it's now important in which order some mods are installed. See the MMM readme for full details.

It's very much recommended to start from a clean install of the game before installing FCOM. Oblivion must be patched to 1.2.0416.

Recommended/required utilities: Wrye Bash, OBMM and BOSS - Better Oblivion Sorting Software. Wrye Bash is required as FCOM depends on its Bashed Patch feature, but it's highly recommended to use Wrye Bash and/or OBMM for installs generally and Wrye Bash/BOSS for setting the load order. See respective readmes.

Install

Always use the FCOM optional plug-in if a similar one is offered by Mart's (eg less_rats) as the MMM file effects only MMM creatures.

Highly recommended mods

• Cobl
  • 1. Download and install Cobl 172.

2. You may wish to also install Loot-Drop-Merchant changes Proposal.

3. Hold your horses while haama works on a compatible update...

• Don't use FCOM_Cobl.esp, Cobl Tweaks.esp, MMM-Cobl.esp, or OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp as they are out of date. However, if you find nuclear wars between supposedly friendly creatures hilarious, go for it!
  • OMOBS 2.0a
  • To get as congruent weapon stats as possible in FCOM it's recommended to use OMOBS stats when available as that's what's used in OOO. If OMOBS stats aren't available, MOBS is better than vanilla stats as MOBS is closer to OMOBS than vanilla.

1. Choose MOBS during the installation of Fran's if using Francesco's optional new items add-on. Otherwise you'll get vanilla stats for the weapons in it.

2. Use the standalone OMOBS 2.0a or OMOBS SI 2.0a if having Shivering Isles installed. Don't use OMOBS Optional Combat Settings as they're already included in OOO and Fran's.

3. Use the Updated Official DLC MOBS if applicable. Requires the Unofficial Official Mods Patch for texture fixes etc. Don't use the Knights Unofficial MOBS patch as FCOM_Knights already gives the KotN weapons OMOBS stats.

• Quick Guide on using BOSS and Wrye Bash for bash tagging and setting the load order

Install: BOSS - Better Oblivion Sorting Software.

1. Copy Bashed Patch, 0.esp from the Mopy/Extras folder to the Data folder.

2. Open Wrye Bash, go to the Mods window, click Load Order to have the mods listed accordingly. Right-click the File-header in the Mods window and make sure Lock Times is unchecked. Also, right-click in the Bash Tags window in the lower right and make sure that Automatic is checked.

3. Launch BOSS. Note that Wrye Bash has handy shortcut icons for BOSS and other utilities.

4. When BOSS is finished the esp's will be correctly tagged - and the plugins correctly load ordered. Note that BOSS also gives useful comments on version numbers, compatibility issues etc., so it's a good idea to check the BOSSlog.text.

See the First Time User Install Guide and the Complete Installation Guide for more details.

Updating your save game

Open to your save file in Wrye Bash, right click on your save game and scroll to update npc levels.

After rebuilding the bashed patch it's imperative that you wait out the game respawn period (default 3 game days so 4 is recommended) away from all npc's and creatures. One possibility is to use the console command "coc testinghall" returning with "coc Weye"

FCOM FAQs

A bunch of common questions and answers, covering very important topics like how to set up FCOM and unimportant topics like how the project got started and where it's heading, etc.: FAQ Index.

FCOM Trouble Shooting

NOTE: FormID Finder or RefScope are very useful plugins when using lots of mods as you can check what comes from which mod in game with them. Helpful when getting missing meshes or textures - or when just wanting to know which mod a particular item etc. comes from.

Issue: The game crashes on startup.

Solution: Make sure you don't have a missing master, which is easily checked in Wrye Bash as the plugin with a missing master turns red. If it isn't caused by missing masters, try deleting the Oblivion.ini in My Documents/My Games/Oblivion and let the game generate a new one on startup. Some users also get CTD's on startup if having FCOM_Convergence.esp checked under Import Actors: Spells in the Bashed Patch, so if the above doesn't help try rebuilding the Bashed Patch with FCOM_Convergence.esp unchecked in that section.

Issue: Captain Renault's armor is invisible.

Solution: You're either missing resources from OOO or from a female mesh replacer if using one. If using EVE HGEC, make sure you install the resources for OOO and the other FCOM mods you're using.

Issue: I get missing meshes from Rusty items in the starting dungeon.

Solution: You're missing resources from MMM. Make sure that the MMM.bsa is renamed to FCOM_Convergence_MartsMonsterMod.bsa.

Issue: The game crashes when leaving the sewers.

Solution: Almost always caused by missing resources. Make sure that the MMM.bsa is renamed to FCOM_Convergence_MartsMonsterMod.bsa. Also, make sure that the resources from Francesco's get loaded, either by registering FraNewItems.bsa in the Oblivion.ini during install or by renaming it to FCOM_Convergence_FraNewItems.bsa.

Issue: Dead enemies have green bodies.

Solution: You're missing resources from MMM. Make sure that the MMM.bsa is renamed to FCOM_Convergence_MartsMonsterMod.bsa.

Issue: Some creatures or armors etc. are invisble.

Solution: Might be missing resources (see above). Also, make sure you're running BSA Redirection either via Wrye Bash or OBMM.

==========================

TESTING

==========================

Cleitanious has created a great test module for FCOM (actually it will work even with vanilla Oblivion, but he made it to help test this mod, for which I am very grateful). It's in the TestResource subdirectory and is named 300_Test.esp.

If you load up the game with 300_Test.esp active, you will automatically be teleported to the first testing room.

There are 30 different test cells in all. Each cell includes different containers and spawn points. The spawns are behind an invisible barrier so you can examine the creatures/NPCs behavior, faction aggression, AI, etc. safely.

Use the console command "coc 300TestCell00" through 29 to view them all.

Each cell also has a sigil stone that will respawn each cell except the one you are currently in. So, if you need to re-test a certain spawn multiple times, just coc to the next room, hit the sigil stone, then coc back.

Every spawn point and loot chest are there, so you should see everything except Dremora currently (this will soon change).

The point of all this is it gives an easy way to test for Bashed List problems, check spawn counts, check faction aggression, check whether bandits attack the bandit leader, etc.

Don't forget to deactivate 300_Test.esp when you're done testing and want to continue with regular playing.

Another way is by securing a save outside Vilverin then enabling Godmode with the console (tgm) and fighting your way through to the bottom level.

As creatures and items from all of the major mods can be found here this should highlight if all resources have been installed correctly.

When your satisfied exit the game, reverting to your earlier secured save the next time you load the game.

Team Alpha : past and present

dev_akm -- project leader.

Martigen -- original MMM for FCOM design and WarCry faction integration.

Waalx -- original RealSwords modules and new Undead RealSwords used as the basis for FCOM_RealSwords.

StarX -- FCOM FAQ, user guide, and tons of help maintaining the ESF thread!

nb_nmare -- Unity project.

Wrye and ElminsterEU -- critical tools.

Vini -- WarCry and MMM faction integration, trailer.

Shadowborn -- massive script improvements.

Corepc -- Help with everything

Showler -- tons of bugfixes and help on forum threads.

Cleitanious -- test module.

SpaceBoy -- Bob's Armory rebalance.

Shikishima - bugfixes, maintainance of the FCOM UESP, massive help with maintainance of the FCOM ESF threads.

Sein_Schatten -- Runeskulls rebalance, Entropic Order, bugfixes.

ElminsterEU -- Slof's Robe Trader integration.

Random007 -- BOSS load-order setup utility.

Lilith -- updates to Martigen's Monster Mod.

Axil -- support patch for KDCircletsOOOOptimized - NPC Equip.

Arkgnt-- Extensive beta testing, massive help maintaing the ESF threads

daemondarque--Advanced beta tester, armour mesh improvements, help maintaining the ESF threads.

Sen-chan--armour mesh improvements

Beta Testers: markb50k, Vini, Cleitanious, StarX, Corepc, Chambertain, SickleYield, cl526, kumkum, ska8tdude, SpaceBoy, LurksInShadow, Psyringe, Arkngt, XD829, Twipley, lollerich, jdayT, Dazu, Eventine Shangea, Skycaptain, Tobit, showler, Axil, Jaded42, Shikishima, Shikamaru_4, Sein_Schatten, Chewu, Lyrondor, daemondarque, bg2408, PacificMorrowind and many more.

Entropic Order credits: created by Sein_Schatten. Contributors included dev_akm (testing, balancing, and spawn control), Nicoroshi (Dreadweave set), blackshark64 (Dragon Armor), commissardan (Rivan Sword), TaylorSD (stealth armor compilation), Cryo_ (face mask), LHammonds (texture modifications to stealth armor and face mask), Painkiller97 (Morrowind-style Ebony sword and shield), and zman (Negotiator sword).

Thanks Vini

CREDITS

=============

In addition to the core team working on this mod, a lot of other folks have contributed greatly. I don't really even know where to begin.

The real heroes, of course, are the original creators of all the great mods integrated by FCOM, including: Sotobrastos, Martigen, Newcomer24, L@zarus, Mr. Dave, Waalx, Loth DeBonneville, Tarnsman, and more. You guys rock!

Martigen deserves special recognition because he spent many long hours discussing various ideas and technical details with me, in addition to supporting the project directly with the original MMM for FCOM plugin.

Huge thanks go to all of the creators of the fantastic mods supported by the optional add-ons, and especially to nb_nmare for the Unity project and to Quarn and Kivan for the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (which is required for some of the optional add-ons and is probably used in some that don't specifically require it).

I also owe a huge debt to ElminsterEU and his fantastic TES4Edit program. I never would've had the time to make all the optional add-on plugins with TESCS, even if it were technically possible (which is doubtful).

None of this would work without the massive contributions of Wrye and his amazing Wrye Bash program.

We also could not have done any of this without ScripterRon's original TES4 Plugin Utility and KomodoDave's improvements in TES4Gecko.

Also, a huge thank-you is owed to the many beta testers who have offered support, encouragement, and feedback for the numerous beta versions. Thanks so much for all your help!

dev_akm

================================

ENJOY

TEAM ALPHA

The official thread for FCOM can be found on the ESF: [REL] FCOM: Convergence

Please direct questions or issues to there.

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• Tweaked the WarCry leveled lists. Deadric items will appear much less frequently.
  • Changed Rakanishu spell to be area affect centred on him, so that it hits everybody within 5 feet. Reduced the damage slightly to compensate.
  • Changed Rakanishu to be immune to shock (see above).
  • Removed Rakanishu spell from Horst of Might and Magic.
  • Created mini-me Lesser Rakanishu with weaker spell and no boss loot.
  • Created mini-me Lesser Bishibosh without summon, weapons, or boss loot. Basically just stands there throwing mini fireballs at you.
  • Changed all generic fallen, carver, devilkin, and dark shamans so summon standard zombie and have less powerful versions of shaman spells. Goblin shamans are now special again! Left Bishibosh alone, though.
  • Changed Colenzo the Annihilator (Dark uber shaman) to have more powerful versions of standard shaman spells.
  • Completely hacked the spawn chances of the fallen so that Fallen Shamans won't appear at all at level 1, and will only appear half as often at level 2. Bishibosh doesn't appear until level 6, and the other bosses (Pukerat and Bladeskin) don't appear until level 3. Rough spawn chance:
  • Level 1: 80% fallen, 20% lesser Bishibosh
  • Level 2: 70% fallen, 20% lesser Bishibosh, 10% fallen shaman
  • Level 3: 60% fallen, 20% fallen shaman, 10% lesser Bishibosh, 5% Pukerat, 5% Bladeskin
  • Level 6: 50% fallen, 15% fallen shaman, 10% lesser Bishibosh, 10% Pukerat, 10% Bladeskin, 5% Bishibosh
  • Revamped the carver, devilkin, and dark one lists in a similar manner. Lesser Rakanishu will start to appear at level 7, boss carvers (Gutshank & Rakanishu) at level 9, boss devilkin (Bongo) at level 13, boss dark ones (Shadowcrow & Snotspill) at level 17, and the aforementioned Colenzo at level 20.
  • L@zarus' undead knight and medieval weapons added to upper tier of WarCry enemies. These appear only on a few unique creatures, and only if above level 25. Treasure these. They will be very rare.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Awesome!!I'm glad this is still up and maintained.However I'm surprised and disappointed that there are no BAIN Wizard scripts or OMOD Conversion data available with the updates.OOO,MMM and FCOM Convergence are missing these.Or are there some that google failed to find for me?

I am having an issue. When I installed the mods it ways that the FCOM Frans  Item Relevelor All.esp is out of date. It is included in the Optional Files zip. What do I do?

Problem with the bsa compacted file (FCOM_Convergence.7z ). When I try to unzip the file, 7zip give me an error message (compression method invalid). The bsa file is normally identified in the application and its infos can be seen.

I re-uploaded the file twice with the same result. Any clue?

Hello modding community

I'm having a recurrent problem with FCOM that has exceeded my abilities to rectify independently. No matter how many times I Uninstall/Clean Reinstall Oblivion & FCOM, Jaguars are always invisible.  RefScope tells me that the creature is referenced from Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm and I can see it listed in TES4Edit but TES4Files cannot find it when I use its export function.

So as not to waste anyones time I'd first like to rule out file corruption. Does anyone have an md5/sha checksum I can use to make sure my all my FCOM components are ok? I downloaded all the files from here, with the exception of OMOBS.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Problem with the bsa compacted file (FCOM_Convergence.7z ). When I try to unzip the file, 7zip give me an error message (compression method invalid). The bsa file is normally identified in the application and its infos can be seen.

I re-uploaded the file twice with the same result. Any clue?

Hi, I have the exact issue as this person, game keeps crashing when going to sleep (leave sewer) in the alternative start arrive by ship mod. Would be very thankfull if somebody actually answerd these two posts. Ellendil posted his last Januari so maybe its about time...

Sorry for sounding rude, but the issue I can't seem to solve is really geting on my nerves.

Matmannen:

"The official thread for FCOM can be found on the ESF http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1409458-relz-fcom-convergence-10/ Please direct questions or issues to there."

That quote was taken straight from this very page and I missed it first time around!

Had a look and I must say there is a wealth of information and advice contained therein so definitely take a look yourself: you may find that your questions have been answered already. 

Since my last post I've managed to eliminate my problems and have been playing FCOM smooooth as silk. My longest session to date is 9hrs so I'm VERY pleased.

I hope you get your issues sorted out soon so you can enjoy this wonderful mod.

I've just found a bug with Flayer Knife which is dropped by small Flayer Skeletons. While laying on the floor it's recognised as weapon but when taken in inventory its under miscelonious and is missing mesh and texture.

There's also a Flawed paraiba Torumaline missing mesh and textures from OOO.

And the last missing mesh of Tarnished Helmet worn by ICWaterfront guards.

3 hours of gameplay and 3 bugs found ... not nice :I

• Upvote 2

should i install all other mods i want after clean install of Oblivion then FCOM?
and if theres a thread or website where i can find list of mods that can be used with FCOM 1.0 can you guys add it to the guide? thanks a lot for every bit of info

As of this posting, I'm getting a "404 Not Found" error from devnull.sweetdanger.net

Meaning I can't snag the Entropic Order Rebalance.

I don't know if the site has gone down, but if anybody has a backup of these plugins or could tell me an alternate place to get it, I'd appreciate.

I don't know if this thread is still being checked out, but still.

I've installed everything correctly, according to the guide. My Oblivion worked so far, no crashes etc.

But I have a few problems, first the game's still pretty easy(it should make me wanna kill myself actually no?), 2nd, some dungeons i went in had like 1k Mobs in it (like 15 Imps in one room). I did find some new Mobs, but none of them were difficult.

My Cpt Renault hasn't a new armor either, which she should have, according to OOO.

Besides of that, there's a Problem with the Oblivion Character Overhaul - The Faces are changed, but not like in the Pics or as far as I remember them when I played with it. The Dark Elves, Kahjits and Argonians were completly vanilla.

Maybe some of you guys knows how to help me.

In the Fran's installation it says that i need FraNewItems.bsa. Where do i get it?

Or it it the "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa" that comes with the "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.esp"?

Hey there. For some reason when I download the FCOM_Convergence.7z and the FCOM RealSwords Resources.7z, both archives appear to be corrupt and thus unusable. The other achives are all fine, its just these two that have the problem. Am I doing something wrong here, or are other people having the same issue?

I just downloaded both, without issue. Both archives are intact, and useable. Might try deleting your current copies, and re-downloading the files.

hi i downloaded oblivion warcry ev opti.7z and fcom bob's armory oblivion opti.7z neither will work.  tried wyre bash,7 zip,mod organizier. 7z says can not open file as archive?

also  fcom_convergence.7z,fcom realswords resources.7z.

Edited by arkaneman

2 hours ago, arkaneman said:

hi i downloaded oblivion warcry ev opti.7z and fcom bob's armory oblivion opti.7z neither will work.  tried wyre bash,7 zip,mod organizier. 7z says can not open file as archive?

also  fcom_convergence.7z,fcom realswords resources.7z.

Try downloading them again, or, from a different computer.

I tried downloading twice on a couple.  I do not have another computer.  Thanks for helping.

multiple times, it seems that a limit on size of files that will download.  (here. no problem any where else). Some I was able to download on nexus,but fcom realswords resources is not available anywhere else, can someone upload it to nexus, ect.....

Edited by arkaneman

On 5/31/2015 at 2:05 PM, DinckelMan said:

In the Fran's installation it says that i need FraNewItems.bsa. Where do i get it?

Or it it the "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.bsa" that comes with the "Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources - Items.esp"?

I know this is 4 years after you asked the question, but I'll answer for anybody else who is looking for the same thing.
What you need is Arthmoor's Optimized Francesco's Resources https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34830 you only need the Optimized Items Pack.

I wish the official documentation still existed, because the information I'm getting from the various mod pages, along with the Wiki link, has conflicting information, especially when it comes to which esps to use, like do I use BOTH "Bobs Armory.esp" AND "FCOM Bobs armory.esp", or just "FCOM Bobs Armory.esp"
Plus there are plenty of optional plugins, with absolutely no documentation on what they do, or if the mods are also needed and the esps are replacers etc.

Edited by Tyana_Rie

I know this mod is years old, but does anyone know if i can just use MMM, warcry, and frans together or just mmm and warcry? OOO left a bad taste in my mouth after playing for hours