About This File
Update to the original ReadMe Generator including additional features and improved interface.
The ReadMe Generator is an easy to use application that will guide you through the creation of a ReadMe file for your mod. It generates a formatted .txt file. You have full control of what to include or not to include.
When you've completed the form, simply click the Create button and the text file will be created in the same folder as this app.
The Open button will re-open any previously created ReadMe's.
The Close button will close the app and any ungenerated information will be lost.
Note: The ReadMe Gen app will fill in your ESP file name in the installation section automatically, this is based on the name you put at the top of the readme, so if it's different then you'll need to manually edit that.
Features of v2.0 include:
- More checkbox options in Requirements, Tools and Legal sections.
- Larger input boxes.
- Installation and Uninstallation boxes auto-filled depending on some Requirements boxes being checked or not.
- The Manual Install instructions will auto-fill the .esp name based on the Name input box. If this is different then be sure to manually change it.
- Extract EXE from Archive
- Run EXE
- Delete EXE file
InsanitySorrow @ TES Alliance
- Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
- Thanks to everyone that downloaded the previous versions, made comments or used the application.
- Thanks to Hanaisse for testing the WIPz versions of the application, for making some very useful suggestions and for the improved readme detais.
Also...it's all HANA's fault
Please do NOT re-use or re-host this without first obtaining permission from me.
What's New in Version 2.0
- 27/05/2011 - Version 2.0 - The application has been re-designed and re-coded.
- 27/12/2009 - Version 1.1 - Bug Fix and Update Release
- *Fixed - Bug when using the close button, the app was still being processed
- *UI Change - Control buttons are on the left now, boxes all stretch along with the form
- *Misc Changes - Misc changes to the App, moslty "under the hood"
- *Misc UI Changes - Small UI changes, nothing special
- *Added - More Requirement options
- *Added - New Tools Section, more tools and an "Other/Additional" tool option
- *Added - Auto-Open function to automatically open generated readme files
- *Added - Manual open readme option
- *Added - Blank sections will no longer be added to the readme file
- *Improved - Legal section, now has checkboxes for simple legal selection but also textbox for manual entry
- 09/09/2009 - Initial Release