Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Aug 28 2012 06:57 AM
  • Last Updated: Nov 28 2012 09:38 PM
  • File Size: 193.38KB
  • Views: 2331
  • Downloads: 30
  • Usage Rights/Permissions: Please do not redistribute this mod to other websites or re-use the files in a different mod.

Download Shout-Tastic! 1.2

Shouts Magic Gameplay Shout-Tastic! Fun Balance Thuum Quest Friendly Fire

Screenshots

Posted Image

=======================
UPDATE 1.2 Nov 28, 2012

Quest updates:

In order to begin A Trace of Aetherium:

Spoiler

In order to begin Synearil's Legacy:

Spoiler

====================
UPDATE 1.1 Nov 20, 2012

Two new quests have been added, A Trace of Aetherium and Synearil's Legacy.

These quests make it possible to craft the Dovah Mir, a magical talisman you can give to your follower to protect them from being harmed by player shouts, including Storm Call and Ice Form.

In addition to the quests, here is a list of other changes:

- Third word of Ice Form has been enhanced with an AoE Ice Form Blast
- Fire Breath fixed so the VFX imagespace is appropriate for fire
- First word of Fire Breath and Frost Breath damaged reduced slightly
- Unrelenting Force damage reduced to vanilla (but force is more powerful for third word)
- Third word Dismay has new visual effect
- Third word Throw Voice summons decoy and allows player to remain undetected

Many thanks to B1gBadDaddy, Herko_ter_Horst, hellay-fr, Irfeir and Black RL for all your help with this update! And extra special thanks to Chesko, who suggested the idea of the Dovah Mir talisman.

=================

The goal of this mod is to enhance the fun and usefulness of some of the less popular dragon shouts. The damage dealt by Fire Breath and Frost Breath has been significantly increased, and many of the shouts have been tweaked in various ways. Now you can engage in a battle of the Thu'um with the deadliest dragons of Skyrim.

In particular, it seemed if the player goes through the effort to find and unlock the third word of any dragon shout, it should be both fun and useful. Accordingly, the third words of shouts such as Kyne's Peace, Aura Whisper, Dismay, Elemental Fury and Throw Voice include new secondary effects, such as a summoned decoy at the target location for Throw Voice and a boost to Sneak and Pickpocket for the third word of Aura Whisper.

This is still a work in progress, and your assistance in providing any feedback regarding the balance of the enhanced shouts would be greatly appreciated.

This mod is also available on

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=91838362
Skyrim Nexus: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23137

****************************************************************************************
Please see below an outline of all of the changes included in this mod.

****************************************************************************************

Spoiler

What's New in Version 1.2 (See full changelog)

• =======================
  • UPDATE 1.2 Nov 28, 2012
  • Quest updates:
  • In order to begin A Trace of Aetherium:
  • [spoiler]you must be at least level 10 and have already killed Sahloknir [/spoiler]
  • In order to begin Synearil's Legacy:
  • [spoiler]after completing A Trace of Aetherium, you must return to Synearil's Shrine and pray to Talos[/spoiler]
  • ==================
  • UPDATE 1.1 Nov 20, 2012
  • Two new quests have been added, A Trace of Aetherium and Synearil's Legacy.
  • These quests make it possible to craft the Dovah Mir, a magical talisman you can give to your follower to protect them from being harmed by player shouts, including Storm Call and Ice Form.
  • In addition to the quests, here is a list of other changes:
  • - Third word of Ice Form has been enhanced with an AoE Ice Form Blast
  • - Fire Breath fixed so the VFX imagespace is appropriate for fire
  • - First word of Fire Breath and Frost Breath damaged reduced slightly
  • - Unrelenting Force damage reduced to vanilla (but force is more powerful for third word)
  • - Third word Dismay has new visual effect
  • - Third word Throw Voice summons decoy and allows player to remain undetected
  • Many thanks to B1gBadDaddy, Herko_ter_Horst, hellay-fr, Irfeir and Black RL for all your help with this update! And extra special thanks to Chesko for suggesting the idea of the Dovah Mir talisman.

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

Neat! It would be good if you could also re-record some of the shouts.
Thanks Tigersong - can you explain a bit more? Do you mean to say, you don't like the vanilla audio for the shouts?
I like the changes you made on the shouts. The only one I use the most is Fire Breath, because most of the Shouts don't interest me. Your improvements inspire me to want to use them now. Thank-you.
Thanks, Carah - since the new version of Ice Form blast results in friendly fire, I'm adding a craftable amulet which will protect followers from the harmful effects of all shouts, including Storm Call and Ice Form.

I'd like to include the following in-game book which explains the history of this amulet:

A Treatise on the Dovah Mir

Any particular feedback on this draft version of the book or suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated!
I've updated this mod to add some new quests and improved a few of the shouts - details in the description above.

Please let me know if you guys have any additional suggestions!

In the meantime, I'm working on something really cool for Whirlwind Sprint, but it will take some time to complete.

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

• 1,421 Total Files
  • 141 Total Categories
  • 300 Total Authors
  • 497,495 Total Downloads
  • Shabbyfurniture Latest File
  • garnet18 Latest Submitter

14 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

1 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3), Google (1), sageoffools