DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WAC: Waalx Animals & Creatures v1.0 Additional Files

(13 reviews)

About This File

WACBeta01.jpg

About WAC on TES Alliance:

Currently Waalx is off in the real world crossing the globe and experiencing the grand adventure that is life! :simba: He managed to stop in to grant permission for his project to be hosted away from his forum which is now closed to new registrations so that WAC, in it's current unfinished state, could still be enjoyed by players. Somewhere down the traveled road, he may pop in to update the mod with the work he has stored on his PC, but until that time if and when, we will be hosting the beta version here with all the same documentation provided by Waalx himself.

Currently, WAC may NOT be used as resource material. Waalx has stated his desire that any derivative works must require/be dependant on WAC. Anyone wishing to use resource material from WAC without dependancy, must contact Waalx and ask permission; no contact made means no permission. This is his latest statement on Resource use as of 26 Aug 2012

About the permission to use WAC material as resources, that still bug me even now. WAC is it's own resource and product. As soon as it start to be taken apart it will cease to be what it was made to be, that is, something that can stand on it's own. It was meant to be an alternative to the other overhauls out there, not to be taken apart and used in other projects. Oblivion is over 6 years old game now. The craze is gone. The remaining mod authors shouldn't try to leach older project if they want to do something, but make their own NEW stuff. I guess most hardcore Oblivion player now may have seen what I did. Re-using my stuff isn't going to make it as if you're making new things; WAC have been out there for years already.

I always said that if you want to use WAC stuff you can as long as the new mod is based on WAC as a platform. That still stand. It's still the best options as then it allow people to use EVERYTHING that is in WAC, and that's a lot of stuff and a lot of things to choose from. And now that WAC will probably be released elsewhere it's still a very good option I think. Anyway, that's my point of view on the matter. What happen next is a matter of the other people integrity on this. I've worked over 2 years on that thing, it still trouble me to think that it would be ripped apart and become something that was in opposition to my initial intention.

What's New in Version v1.0 Additional Files   See changelog

Released

Added additional fix files supplied by Waalx

• Thanks 6
  • Love This 3
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2
  • Angry 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WAC is one of the most underestimated Overhauls out there. Even today few players know of WAC, however the mod is one of the most impressive work of art for Oblivion but more so for the TES series. The mod alone is one of the main reasons I am still playing Oblivion 7 years after the game was launched.

• The mod adds tons of new animal species; each of them comes in different sizes and colors which make for hundreds of new variations. More so each species has its own behavior and biotope (location). Have you ever encounters crocodiles in the swampy areas of Leyawin? Have you ever met Lion Man eater in the Grassland of Anvil? Have you ever fight your way out of a Spiderer's Nest? Have you ever met a Lynx in the wild Mountains of Bruma or a herd of Reindeers grazing around?
  • The mod also adds tones of new armors and clothes (mage robes etc...). Most of those are better looking than the Vanilla ones. Plus an enhanced version of the Realswords series is also present in WAC which really makes for a much immersive and richer experience.
  • Monsters in terms of Undead, Giants, new breed of Ogres of both sexes, Gargoyles, Goblins, Giant Insects, new type of Clanfears, are roaming the land. You name it; it's in WAC. Be extremely careful!!!
  • You can also wear bag packs when traveling the land, finally meet fellow travelers on the roads of Cyrodiil, some are Healers that will help you out, some are Pilgrims on their way to the nearest Shrine, some will sell you valuable gears and some will try to kill you. But all of them will be different from one another. Basically all characters of Cyrodiil endured drastic changes. Now you'll see some with beards, all kind of beards!!!
  • Oh did you ever thougth that the Arena Experience was dull? With WAC you can fight like a real Gladiator, wearing real Gladiator's Gears and Helmets, wielding real Gladiator's Weapons and taking on several Gladiator's Challenges other that the ones from Vanilla Oblivion. In short the all Gladiator's Experience has been redone from scratch.
  • For the mages out there, you will also get to master some new spells most of which are conjuration spells that will allow you to summon some of the most beautiful and fierce new creatures of WAC.

Understand I have only scratched the surface of what WAC is all about. You need to make your own opinion. The only thing I know is that the amount of work and attention to details put in this Overhaul is tremendous and worthy of a try. Ones you go WAC you never come back.

Edited by MasterAub
  • Upvote 2

another important point, there's some bugs in WAC that need to be fixed by the user:

1) this will prevent Wrye Bash from working properly if not fixed: http://waalx.com/Rea...hp?p=6692#p6692

2) this is needed to fix the arena gate not opening for the player ( WAC - Gladiator.esp ) : http://waalx.com/Rea...hp?p=6753#p6753

3) this is needed to fix a wild edit that turns a daedric cuirass into a chainmail one ( WAC - TCOS Shops.esp ) : http://waalx.com/Rea...hp?p=6013#p6013

imho the best course of action here would be for a capable modder to first download WAC, then overwrite the original .esm and .esp files with the CTD-free ones from the gnoll meshes archive, then apply the above three tweaks, then release the fixed .esm and .esp files in an archive that will include all the available fixes for WAC ( you could also package it with the fixed graphics package as well for completeness sake ) . WAY less headaches for the user that way, and a lot more accessible and easy to install and use.

some info about WAC compatibility with other overhauls ( you could add this to the TESA page after you upload anohosikara's patches ) :

1) WAC.esp is the module that handles landscape changes ( new camps for example ) , and it adds spawn points to the world like MMM and Frans "More Wilderness Life" modules do. as such, trying to use this alongside a MWL module will result in an overpopulated Cyrodiil, and your CPU won't be able to keep up anyway. choose one or the other!

2) obviously if you don't use WAC.esp you'll have to rename the .bsa like an active plugin in your load order for it to load ( I used FCOM_Convergence - WAC.bsa for example )

since WAC.esp does landscape changes, it conflicts with a couple mods:

1) UL dark forest, lost coast and another one I can't remember right now: patches already available on TESnexus

2) UL Brina river ravine: land tear next to the gnoll camp on the mouth of the river: already reported in the UL thread, patch not announced.

3) Shezrie's Towns: WAC.esp places a gnoll camp right in the middle of the Valenwood coast village.

4) Kragenir's Death Quest: WAC.esp places a gnoll camp right below the dwarven house from KDQ.

• Upvote 1

Sergio, you posted at the right time! I was having a constant crash near a gnoll camp on the way to Kvatch and was tearing my hair out why it was so! :D

I was also getting a crash on the way to Chorrol, hopefully it will be resolved, this is my umpteenth mod test run.
Thank you for the heads up on the fixes, initing them now on my end. Having trouble finding the UL patches thou.

Do you percahnce know how to fix the races during the selection in Waalx so they do not use a custom race?

Thank you!

Sergio, you posted at the right time! I was having a constant crash near a gnoll camp on the way to Kvatch and was tearing my hair out why it was so! :D

I was also getting a crash on the way to Chorrol, hopefully it will be resolved, this is my umpteenth mod test run.

Thank you for the heads up on the fixes, initing them now on my end. Having trouble finding the UL patches thou.

Do you percahnce know how to fix the races during the selection in Waalx so they do not use a custom race?

Thank you!

Its not even possible TO do that.  However if you use this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5296/?

It includes a fix for all custom races.  And you should be using any of the unofficial patches you can anyways, shouldn't even be optional.

Also, most UL patches are here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/13834/?

I keep getting CTDs whenever I approach Ra'sava Camp! I remember there being a fix for this and other crashes near goblin camps but can't find it. Tried a Google search and still couldn't find it. (I played this mod before but now I've long since done a clean re-install)

Important information for  kuertee NPCs yield users. Kuertee yield mod will interfere with imperial man-easters fleeing behavior causing random crshes (CTD) near the Imperial-man eaters spawn points usually near wayshrines. To solve the CTDs be sure to disable all creature settings in kuerteeNPCsYield.ini

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44314/?

set kNPCsYieldQuest.creaturesFlee to 0
set kNPCsYieldQuest.creaturesMoreCautious to 0

This is how your creature settings should look like.

Hello Please sorry my english it is not my native langage It is a very good mod i like it very much but i have some troubles with texture in the game Some animals or npc have a big ploygone texture wich go to the sky It s like big blue or dark sunbeam wich occupates a big part of my screen Could someone may help me please? Sorry again for my english

Hi!
I've been using this mod for a long time and I truly love it!

In my new Oblivion install I am however gonna try out new stuff. I intend to run Oblivion WarCry New Dimensions as main overhaul and next to it MMM. Would WAC play nicely with these? Or at least with OWCND?

Thanks!

@holyfallen: I'm not a modder or anyone with much knowledge, but what you have sounds like skeleton issues. Which animals? Clannfear and it's small Fear cousins? Are you also using MMM? One solution I found online is to delete or add ".bkp" at the end of them, these files:

Data\Meshes\Creatures\clannfear\Clannfear.NIF
Data\Meshes\Creatures\clannfear\skeleton.nif
Data\Meshes\Creatures\daedroth\Daedroth.NIF
Data\Meshes\Creatures\daedroth\skeleton.nif

I'm having a problem activating this in Wrye Bash I keep getting the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "bash\basher.pyo", line 2084, in OnLeftDown
  File "bash\basher.pyo", line 1040, in checkUncheckMod
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 5949, in select
  File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 4030, in save
  File "bash\liblo.pyo", line 503, in SetActivePlugins
  File "bash\liblo.pyo", line 201, in LibloErrorCheck
bash.liblo.LibloError: LibloError: LIBLO_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS:Invalid active plugins list supplied.

No clue what any of that means

Shot in the dark, but the file seems to have been removed. I remember using this mod a while back and it was fantastic. I was getting ready for another Oblivion run and was hoping to grab this mod again.

I noted that wolves and Wargs I encounter near Cloud Top are clear except for their faces. Possible missing meshes? Only other animal mod I have (possibly) is Maskars Obliv Overhaul. I do Bash patch, so it's not that.

Any solutions? I asaw something about renaming the bsa to Waalx Animals & Creatures.bsa.

Great overhaul, but unfortunately, really doesn't like other overhauls to work with it. It's such a shame because It's an amazing mod pack, tons of creatures, armour and weapons. Even some quests I believe. But unfortunately. It contains "crash zones" which are everywhere, outside of Bruma, Chorrol, Miscarcand, Cloud Ruler Temple and many other places. I'm sure if it was used without OOO and MMM these crashes would be allot less common, but alas, I can't because they're great overhauls as well. And I assume no one is working on this which is really unfortunate. I have no real experience with creating mods aside from very basic ones and it would be way to time consuming so I'm no going to try fixing it myself. Great modpack, but it doesn't work well with others unfortunately.

On 3/9/2015 at 2:47 PM, shalani said:

I noted that wolves and Wargs I encounter near Cloud Top are clear except for their faces. Possible missing meshes? Only other animal mod I have (possibly) is Maskars Obliv Overhaul. I do Bash patch, so it's not that.

Any solutions? I asaw something about renaming the bsa to Waalx Animals & Creatures.bsa.

That's an archive invalidation problem, if you do use archive invalidation, change it to BSA Redirection

talk about late replies

Every time I try to download this it tells me the file is corrupted, no matter the browser I'm using and even after a system restart. It's a real shame because this is literally the only place on the internet you can download this.

Ive downloaded the file and confirmed it is not corrupted. I even uploaded a new copy yesterday just to be sure. If you are getting a corrupt file, your download connection could be timing out before the download completes. Does the size of your downloaded copy match the size listed on the file here? :idea:

13 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

Ive downloaded the file and confirmed it is not corrupted. I even uploaded a new copy yesterday just to be sure. If you are getting a corrupt file, your download connection could be timing out before the download completes. Does the size of your downloaded copy match the size listed on the file here? :idea:

The download stops after a few minutes and spits out a corrupt zip file. It's only about a 10th of the size of the full file. Weird, I usually don't have any issues with downloading large files, this is the only one giving me any trouble.

Thank you, but I'm hesitant to install an external manager just for one file. It's really too bad this isn't hosted anywhere else, I'm wondering if it's got something to do with the site itself. I've downloaded larger mods in the last 48 hours from other sites with no issue.

Im not sure what it could be, I downloaded it fine here, twice. So have others. I can snoop around some settings and make sure there aren't any weird defaults making it time out though. :detective:

On 04.08.2016 at 4:48 AM, electricwestern said:

Thank you, but I'm hesitant to install an external manager just for one file. It's really too bad this isn't hosted anywhere else, I'm wondering if it's got something to do with the site itself. I've downloaded larger mods in the last 48 hours from other sites with no issue.

I had the same problem as you - the file stopped downloading after roughly 100MB, and the resulting archive was corrupt. I switched from Windows XP 32bit to Win7 32bit and successfully downloaded the file.

• Upvote 1

On 2016/8/7 at 11:18 PM, Radkar said:

I had the same problem as you - the file stopped downloading after roughly 100MB, and the resulting archive was corrupt. I switched from Windows XP 32bit to Win7 32bit and successfully downloaded the file.

could you share this file with us on maga or googlecloud? my download stopped after 480MB,thank you.

Edited by damingshen