DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WAC: Waalx Animals & Creatures v1.0 Additional Files

(13 reviews)

About This File

WACBeta01.jpg

About WAC on TES Alliance:

Currently Waalx is off in the real world crossing the globe and experiencing the grand adventure that is life! :simba: He managed to stop in to grant permission for his project to be hosted away from his forum which is now closed to new registrations so that WAC, in it's current unfinished state, could still be enjoyed by players. Somewhere down the traveled road, he may pop in to update the mod with the work he has stored on his PC, but until that time if and when, we will be hosting the beta version here with all the same documentation provided by Waalx himself.

Currently, WAC may NOT be used as resource material. Waalx has stated his desire that any derivative works must require/be dependant on WAC. Anyone wishing to use resource material from WAC without dependancy, must contact Waalx and ask permission; no contact made means no permission. This is his latest statement on Resource use as of 26 Aug 2012

About the permission to use WAC material as resources, that still bug me even now. WAC is it's own resource and product. As soon as it start to be taken apart it will cease to be what it was made to be, that is, something that can stand on it's own. It was meant to be an alternative to the other overhauls out there, not to be taken apart and used in other projects. Oblivion is over 6 years old game now. The craze is gone. The remaining mod authors shouldn't try to leach older project if they want to do something, but make their own NEW stuff. I guess most hardcore Oblivion player now may have seen what I did. Re-using my stuff isn't going to make it as if you're making new things; WAC have been out there for years already.

I always said that if you want to use WAC stuff you can as long as the new mod is based on WAC as a platform. That still stand. It's still the best options as then it allow people to use EVERYTHING that is in WAC, and that's a lot of stuff and a lot of things to choose from. And now that WAC will probably be released elsewhere it's still a very good option I think. Anyway, that's my point of view on the matter. What happen next is a matter of the other people integrity on this. I've worked over 2 years on that thing, it still trouble me to think that it would be ripped apart and become something that was in opposition to my initial intention.

What's New in Version v1.0 Additional Files   See changelog

Released

Added additional fix files supplied by Waalx

• Thanks 6
  • Love This 3
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2
  • Angry 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 2016/8/22 at 7:37 PM, HeyYou said:

No. The Author doesn't want it uploaded elsewhere.

What browser you using? What country you in?

I'm from China,I'm using ie11 

I managed to dowload it with IDM

Thanks for your answer.

Edited by damingshen

On 8/27/2016 at 4:34 AM, damingshen said:

I'm from China,I'm using ie11 

I managed to dowload it with IDM

Thanks for your answer.

Glad you were able to get it. :D

Huh, guess I'm getting the same corrupted file problem like a lot of other, though I'm making it to 95 or 96% each time. There's no reason I can think of that would cause this; other larger downloads work okay on this site and other people say they've downloaded this file without fail. Just one of those things I guess.

(Edit) Alright, finally got it after another couple of tries. Weird. There's nothing wrong with the file. Well, no matter, it's done, so good luck to anyone else with this problem.)

Edited by dreadrath

Hello all,

As with others above, I've tried to download this file multiple times, but it keeps stopping before completion. I've tried downloading with both Windows Explorer and Firefox. Would love to try this mod, so any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I was able to download it, and it appears to be intact.

Maybe try with a download manager?

I am running the latest version of firefox, on win 7.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HeyYou said:

I was able to download it, and it appears to be intact.

Maybe try with a download manager?

I am running the latest version of firefox, on win 7.

Thank you for the reply HeyYou!

I was finally able to download the file with a download manager and firefox, as you suggested, but when I tried to extract the file, I get a Data error, saying the "WAC.bsa" File is broken, along with 58 additional Data errors. Has anyone else had this problem?

8 hours ago, darkelf0077 said:

Thank you for the reply HeyYou!

I was finally able to download the file with a download manager and firefox, as you suggested, but when I tried to extract the file, I get a Data error, saying the "WAC.bsa" File is broken, along with 58 additional Data errors. Has anyone else had this problem?

Did a test extract on what I got. I used 7zip, and everything extracted fine, with no errors. Might try a different tool... and if you still get errors, re-download the file. (hope you aren't on a metered connection.....)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeyYou said:

Did a test extract on what I got. I used 7zip, and everything extracted fine, with no errors. Might try a different tool... and if you still get errors, re-download the file. (hope you aren't on a metered connection.....)

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me, HeyYou!

Tried re-downloading just now, but I get the same errors upon extraction. I've tried both 7zip and Winrar to extract the file, with the same failed results.

For the record this is what I have tried (I am on Windows 8.1):

-Downloading with Windows Explorer using Windows Download Manager > Multiple tries, download always stops before completion.

-Downloading with Firefox using NO download manager > Multiple tries, download always stops before completion.

-Downloading with Firefox using 'DownloadThemAll' download manager > Download completes (566mb downloaded file), upon extraction with 7zip or Winrar, I get the error messages mentioned previous.

*Additionally, I've tried to download a different file from this site, it was Insanity's Improved Armoury Blades retexture, and that file downloaded and extracted perfectly, with no errors whatsoever.

I am so confused.

2 hours ago, darkelf0077 said:

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me, HeyYou!

Tried re-downloading just now, but I get the same errors upon extraction. I've tried both 7zip and Winrar to extract the file, with the same failed results.

For the record this is what I have tried (I am on Windows 8.1):

-Downloading with Windows Explorer using Windows Download Manager > Multiple tries, download always stops before completion.

-Downloading with Firefox using NO download manager > Multiple tries, download always stops before completion.

-Downloading with Firefox using 'DownloadThemAll' download manager > Download completes (566mb downloaded file), upon extraction with 7zip or Winrar, I get the error messages mentioned previous.

*Additionally, I've tried to download a different file from this site, it was Insanity's Improved Armoury Blades retexture, and that file downloaded and extracted perfectly, with no errors whatsoever.

I am so confused.

You aren't the only one. :)

Size is correct, I am real curious why it doesn't want to extract properly......

Could try disabling your anti-virus for the download?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HeyYou said:

You aren't the only one. :)

Size is correct, I am real curious why it doesn't want to extract properly......

Could try disabling your anti-virus for the download?

Okay, just tried disabling my Windows Defender, then downloading the file... same failed result upon extraction.

Out of curiosity, what download manager did you use when you downloaded this file, with firefox?

Edited by darkelf0077

I just used the standard one that comes with firefox..... I haven't the faintest idea why it isn't working for you...... Is the file on Nexus as well? Might try grabbing it from there, and see what happens. Downloads have been exhibiting some odd behavior since we changed hosts a few months back.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeyYou said:

I just used the standard one that comes with firefox..... I haven't the faintest idea why it isn't working for you...... Is the file on Nexus as well? Might try grabbing it from there, and see what happens. Downloads have been exhibiting some odd behavior since we changed hosts a few months back.....

This file is not available on Nexus as far as I know. In fact, I have not seen this file available anywhere else, other than here, to my knowledge, which is why I wanted to join here.

Anyways, I may try again later, but I'm basically at my wits end right now. I've downloaded and extracted hundreds of mods before, and can't think of many, if any, that have been this trying, to procure and extract, let alone use. Hopefully, others have better luck than me.

Saying all that, thank you so much again for taking the time to try to help me HeyYou, you rock!

:) Happy to be of service. I just wish it friggin worked.

Worst case, I might be able to temporarily upload it somewhere, and have you try and grab it from there.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

:) Happy to be of service. I just wish it friggin worked.

Worst case, I might be able to temporarily upload it somewhere, and have you try and grab it from there.

Thanks for the offer. If you were able to upload it elsewhere temporarily, I'd gladly try the alternate download, if for no reason other than to see if it is indeed something wrong with the download file, or rather it's some kind of error on my end of things.

I am working on uploading it to my dropbox account even as I type, however....... It has been uploading for about 45 minutes, and has barely made a dent..... real curious why it's so slow..... Check back here tomorrow, I will PM you a link. (I'm gonna go to be here in just a couple minutes. It's past my bedtime. :) )

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, HeyYou said:

I am working on uploading it to my dropbox account even as I type, however....... It has been uploading for about 45 minutes, and has barely made a dent..... real curious why it's so slow..... Check back here tomorrow, I will PM you a link. (I'm gonna go to be here in just a couple minutes. It's past my bedtime. :) )

To anyone that may be follow this thread, I was finally able to get a working file from HeyYou. Oh, and HeyYou is the man!:)

It isn't corrupt. I can download it without a problem.

What operating system, internet connection speed, and browser are you using. Also, what country are you in?

42 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

It isn't corrupt. I can download it without a problem.

What operating system, internet connection speed, and browser are you using. Also, what country are you in?

Thanks for your reply!
Im using Windows7 64Bit, Im living in the UK and using the university's internet

So i found the Nord armory just outside Bruma. The Breton just outside skingrad on the west side of town. Goblin weapons is a huge nord like guy outside Cloud Ruler Temple. So then does anybody know where the imperial armory/weapons store is?  BTW one of the best ( If not the best) overhaul mod for the game imo !

Edited by ninja3883