DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Wickwood: TESA's 2012 Halloween Challenge 1.2.0

(4 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

Wickwood

Author: TES Alliance

Version: 1.2.0

Release Date: 31.October.2012

Updated: 12.November.2012

OldeGods.jpg

"A stranger descended upon us. Those who would not heed his call were burned as heretics and those who followed him were damned."

★NEW★ v1.1.0 Version Update:

• Gaps in Chapel walls repaired

Description:

Wickwood is a Halloween themed adventure plugin for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Before playing, you will need to disable the game borders in your Skyrim.ini by adding bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 under the [general] heading. Once the plugin has been activated and the game loaded, travel south of Riverwood, high into the mountains beyond the borders of Skyrim's land, where in the wilds of the icy summit, you'll find the village of Wickwood begin unraveling the mystery of what happened there. Players are advised to have both a ranged weapon and an enchanted weapon before attempting Wickwood. For the best results, play in the dark without music and without magic effects like "Nighteye" and "DetectLife". Be wary in your adventuring hero...

Features:

• Set in an Abandoned Mountain Village
  • Detailed Backstory to Explore
  • New Enemies!
  • Unique Weapons!
  • A Halloween Atmosphere
  • Seven Uniquely Horrific Levels
  • Traps and Puzzles
  • Voiced Dialogue!
  • Big Boss Battle!
  • Fun Rewards!
  • And More...

Important Info:

• Spawn Mods: Playing Wickwood in tandem with another mod that increases creature spawns may add additional, and unintended, challenge in the village's horror levels. Use with care.
  • Levels: We recommend characters be at least level 15+ before attempting Wickwood. While some enemies are leveled to give a bit of a break, some are not and are rather difficult at lower levels.
  • Godmode: While you may be tempted to use godmode to brave the horrors in Wickwood, don't. There are some scripts running that will not fire properly if you are in godmode and you will not be able to proceed.
  • Collision/Clipping: Do not use the "tcl" console command to navigate through Wickwood. There are collision boxes designed to guide your immersion and trigger zones to progress events, both of which can be drifted through with collision toggled off resulting in a bad experience for you, so give your console the night off.

Known Conflicts:

• None Reported

Challengers:

• WillieSea
  • the-manta
  • lilith
  • Vouivre
  • Arion
  • DsoS
  • Ladyflcn

How To Vote:

Polls are now closed, thanks to everyone who played and voted!

Levels Revealed:

1. Withdrawn
  2. Fjori Blood-Blade's Cottage: WillieSea *Winner of Trickiest Level to Complete*
  3. Abandoned House: lilith
  4. Wedding House: the_manta
  5. Hollow House: Ladyflcn
  6. Musty House: DsoS *Winner of Overall Best Scare*
  7. The Frozen Shade: Vouivre
  8. Savard's House of Horrors: Arion *Winner of Best Creature Scare*

Screenshots:

Heretic.jpg

Chapel.jpg

WickwoodLocation.jpg

What's New in Version 1.2.0

Released

• Added Missing scripts for Entry 2
  • ----------------------------
  • Version 1.1.0 Changelog
  • ----------------------------
  • Gaps in chapel repaired. Readme Updated with Levels Revealed

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, Darkrider!

I'm a catkai, long time!
Now, I want to translate this witching and challenging MOD "Wickwood: TESA's 2012 Halloween Challenge".
Can I do it?

catkai(kuu)

Hi, Darkrider.

I send the message to you once or twice, but unfortunately you haven't replied.
I thought about it, I'll upload the translated file to Skyrim Nexus.

In the event of problems, please give a reply to me.

Best regards,
catkai

This is a great mod, a fun search in the town to find what happened. I hope others find this hidden gem.