DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

When Vampires Attack 2.1.0

(1 review)

3 Screenshots

About This File

A small mod that makes citizens in a village or city run indoors during a random vampire attack. This includes eclipse attacks as well.

This was born out of frustration at seeing the citizens all trying to be a hero and rushing headlong to their doom attacking master vampires. Instead, the citizens will run to safety like smart people should when faced with the horrors of the undead. NPCs who live in the attack location who own a home there will retreat to it. If the attack location has an inn, NPCs who don't live there will flee to the inn, along with any NPCs who live outdoors. If no inn is present the game picks a random interior from the surrounding area and those NPCs will flee there instead.

This should work for any NPCs added by mods as well, up to a limit of 150 in the area. After that, they're on their own. The NPCs chosen are first come, first serve by the game engine.

Guards, members of The Companions, Vigilants of Stendaar, the Dawnguard, and the player's followers/teammates will not run, they will stand and fight. Farm animals will not run either, because they're stupid. That includes your horse.

Installation Requirements

Official Skyrim patch 1.9.32.0.8 or greater.

Official Dawnguard DLC.

What's New in Version 2.1.0

Released

The package used to hold an NPC inside an interior if they're already there was rooting them in place, which looked strange in most cases. This has been changed to a "sandbox near self" package that should keep them indoors but allow them to conduct normal activity.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

God bless you, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, it's frustrating as heck to have npcs killed off in vampire attacks especially considering how often they seem to happen. I love the Dawnguard DLC but to have to deal with dragon threats and vampire threats is a bit too much.

Same here, though I was spared most of the grief because the attacks don't seem to work as well with Open Cities. The one time a conflict actually does some good :P

Thanks !  I was really annoyed of loosing all my favourite merchants becouse of vampires attaks...

or rather becouse they where so stupid to attack a couple of vamps, their tralls and dogs with just a dagger...

or even worse...  putting themselves between the vamps and my arrows ! LOL !

so, thanks a lot !