1 Screenshot

About This File

I can't be the only one who loathes Oblivion and Skyrim's levelled loot system in its entirety. What's the point of exploring when every single dungeon has randomly generated loot based off your level? And, after waiting to see if anyone shared my sentiments about this and fixed it, and seeing nothing, I decided to make my own.

Now, there are a few mods that de-level Skyrim's loot system. Mine's a bit different.

It says "Loot system, nobody likes you" and gets rid of it almost entirely.

Instead, it takes a Morrowind approach, and puts those armors and weapons out in the world. Now the player may actively explore places to discover objects, as they'll be hidden in dungeons (and logically hidden, so no more orc weapons in dwemer ruins), worn by people, and similar. It also tweaks a few things to encourage this aforementioned exploration.

FEATURES

+Completely removes higher level (dwemer+) objects from levelled loot lists, though things like potions and scrolls can still be found.

+Adds these back in as static objects hidden around the world, and in logical places for example:

-Dwemer equipment is only found in dwemer ruins and containers,; or by a select few who can afford it.

-Orcish equipment is carried by, get this, orcs.

-Elven equipment can be found in various places, though most are carried by Thalmor.

-Glass equipment is given out to a few Morrowinders who managed to save some, as well as high ranking personnel in various factions.

-Only a few sets of Ebony armor and equipment even exist, worn by nobles and the rich.

-And finally, only a single normal set of daedric armor exists, much like Morrowind, but spread out and is a serious pain to find. You'll have to earn it.

+Higher level equipment may no longer be crafted! Suck it up, it's weird that the Dragonborn suddenly gains magical star knowledge to craft insane soul-wrenching deatharmor anyways, and objects may still be improved at a forge.

+Higher level robes are removed, readded to the world as static objects

+While the majority of higher level generic random magical items (such as an Ebony Bow of Bolts) are gone, a few pieces will still exist, renamed and put in other areas. The rest you'll have to enchant yourself.

+Adds in artifacts from past games, such as:

-Skullcrusher

-Daedric Crescent

-Lord's Mail

-Scourge

-King Orgnum's Coffer

-Fang of Haynekhtnamet

-Fists of Randagulf

-Dragonbone Cuirass

-Boots of Blinding Speed

-Vampiric Ring

-Eidolon's Ward

-Stendarr's Hammer

-Cyrus' Saber

-Chrysamere

-Hopesfire

-Wraithguard

-Sunder

-Seht's Legs

-Threads of the Webspinner

-Ice Blade of the Monarch

-Goldbrand

INSTALLATION

Copy these files to your Skyrim/DATA folder. In the loose files version, the mesh folder will merge with the mesh folder, the texture folder with the texture folder, etc. Then activate Morrowloot.esp in the launcher of your choosing. From here finding equipment is all up to you. Don't ask me, because I totally forgot where everything was.

I'm not kidding I did.

COMPATIBILITY AND NOTES

As you might expect, this mod modifies a TON of stuff. The vast majority of interior cells have objects added to them, as do some exterior cells, though so far I've found no real conflicts with the host of mods I've been using. Some NPCs are also modified, though so far I've encountered no errors.

This mod does NOT completely remove level scaling. It modifies it to be closer to Morrowind's style. Therefore you will find higher level potions and jewelry at higher levels, but equipment must be located on your own. Enemies (creatures and most bandits and similar) DO NOT have their stats changed. This mod doesn't touch them. If you want non-scaled enemies, I recommend getting another mod in addition to this.

This mod also modifies levelled item lists, so anything that modifies them will either be incompatible or will need to be merged via Wyre Bash.

This mod modifies smithing recipes, getting rid of Daedric, orcish, glass, elven, AND dwemer recipes. Mods that modify those recipes will be incompatible, though mods that modify any other recipes, or add new ones, are fine. No I will not add these recipes back in, stop asking, no I will not add a quest, those recipes are gone, understand? Good.

Not every dungeon has hand-placed loot in it, and even those that DO have handplaced loot do not neccesarily have good loot. Much like Morrowind, you're going to have to explore to find the good stuff.

Finally, stuff is HIDDEN. Some equipment is out in the open, but I've placed stuff in nooks and crannies. You will have to search to find the better stuff.

SPECIAL THANKS AND USAGE

For once, I'm gonna have to be a dick about this, and say you need to contact me about using this mod in your compilation/work/cousin's birthday party. I mean, I'll probably say yes, but I want to keep track of what people will do with this.

Special Thanks to:

-Oriphier (Hakhnawibblewobble's Fang and Skullcrusher)

-Telthalion (Fists of Randagulf)

-TheMalfazar (Eledion's Ward and Auri-El's Shield)

-Ronniemagnum for his Eledion and Scourges

-Reaper for the Vampiric Ring

-Haishao (Sunder)

-Insanity Sorrow and StarX (Hopesfire, Goldbrand, Ice Blade of the Monarch)

-Jured (Stendarr's Hammer)

-ArmoredThirteen (Daedric Crescent)

-Grimeleven for his animated effects overhaul, http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41875/?

-urbanshiv92 for Wraithguard

For allowing me to use their models and textures for this mod.

Usage Permissions

Must contact me to ask for permission, as some files I don't have full permission to give permission to give permission to.

What's New in Version 4.0

Released

• -Added sunder, wraithguard, and the threads of the webspinner
  • -Added higher tier nord stuff to nord ruins
  • -Fixed the vampiric ring, and some artifact improvement
  • -Added flames to Hopesfire! Yay!

User Feedback

This sounds and looks amazing, at least someone understands what a good loot system is! I can't wait to try this out, thank you for all the work.

Share this comment

copied from a nexus post:

I do want to make known that for anyone who wants a more realistic, role-play Skyrim, Elven armor is totally in-bounds. Forget how fast I can level my smithing skill, there's a smithing book, "Light Armor Forging," which can be found at the Lunar Forge and a few other places which clearly details when, how, and why the recipe and crafting of Elven armor became widely used by the races of Men.

"For centuries the secret of making Elven armor was a closely guarded secret on Summerset Isle. Then the Betrayal of Ulvul Llaren brought it the rest of Tamriel. Ulvul was a Dark Elf slave, working the bellows for Nuulion, master smith of the isle from the fifth through the seventh century of the second era. When Ulvul escaped, he could think of no greater punishment to mete out to his cruel master than to reveal all his secrets to the world. Thus we came to know that Moonstone is the key ingredient in Elven armor, and that salt water must be used to quench the hot metal. For Gilded Elven armor, you must also meld in Quicksilver. It melts at a much lower heat than Moonstone, making it tricky to work the two metals together."

Also...

"The trickiest of all is Glass. Hammer blows struck across the grain run the risk of shattering the armor. It's principle ingredient is Malachite, although it also requires Moonstone to give it the right strength."

This indicates that it is also known how to make Glass armor and weaponry. That said, as I'm now researching a bit, Dwarven armor is still a no-go for crafting, lore-wise. But Orish armor is a greenlight. From "Heavy Armor Forging":

"Dwarven armor is made from dwarven metal. The secret of this material was lost when the dwarves disappeared millennia ago. Now it can only be found as scrap in the ruins of their abandoned cities and fortresses... Orcish armor requires large amounts of Orichalcum, melded with a bit of iron. Heat should be used sparingly, let [sic] it become brittle. The Orcs are masters of this technique, but it can be learned by any smith with patience and skill."

As for Ebony...

"Ebony can only be worked when heated. It will develop small cracks that eventually shatter the material if hammered cold. Unlike most other armors, Ebony will not alloy with iron. It must be used pure."

Daedric is a possibility, or at least legend holds that it is, though a successful forging is unheard of:

"I can only tell you tales of how to make Daedric armor. I have never seen it myself, nor do I know anyone that has. The stories say that it should always be worked on at night... ideally under a new or full moon, and never during an eclipse. A red harvest moon is best. Ebony is the principle material, but at the right moment a Daedra heart must be thrown into the fire."

Share this comment

What changed between version 2 and 3?

-Updated models for the Fists of Randagulf, the Vampiric Ring, Scourge, and Eledion's Ward
-Fixed models and issues for the Vampiric Ring, Fists of Randagulf, Orgnum's Coffer and Skullcrusher
-Rebalanced several artifacts
-Fixed some leveled loot issues, works with 1.9 now
-Kodlak can be looted now
-More loot in more dungeons, still hidden as hell
-Three new artifacts to find, the Legs of Seht, Goldbrand, and the Ice Blade of the Monarch
-All artifacts can be improved.

Is this compatible with skyre, frostfall and open cities?

First one you'll need to batch patch, last two are fine.

copied from a nexus post:

You're not getting crafting.

Share this comment

A question about the SkyRe compatibility: I heard that because of the way the crafting scripts are changed, it removes the perk-required distinction between shortswords and broadswords, battlestaves and halberds, etc. And what is a "batch patch", or did you mean "bash patch", as in Wyre Bash? I sort of new to mashing various mods together.

Share this comment

Has anyone made a guide for where to find the daedric stuff?  I like the idea of having to work for it, not so much having to look in every cave everywhere.  Alternatively, are there hints or indications in-game as to where I might find it?

Share this comment

So while I'm running around in leather armor searching for something better, will the leveled enemies be running around in higher tiered armor?  Kind of defeats the point if all I have to do is kill a random bandit for new gear.

Share this comment

This mod is excellent, but I have to admit that I'm a bit chagrined by the lack of mage-focused artifacts, like the Robe of Drake's Pride or the Staff of Hasedoki. While this mod spices up dungeon-diving for me, playing as a robe-wearing mage rather than a sorcerer or nightblade means that most of the loot just becomes eyecandy. 

Share this comment

Could anyone please tell me what artifacts from past games are added by morrowloot aside from those in mentioned in the description? By the way Trainwiz, you're awesome.

Share this comment

There's a slight issue with the Wraithguard mesh. Equipping this while wearing the Nordic Carved Armor from the Dragonborn DLC causes my character's left forearm to disappear (there's a small, invisible gap between her upper arm and the left glove). Is there a way to fix this?

Share this comment

Hey I was wondering if anyone has made a proper patch for Morrowloot and weapon mods such as IW, Jaysus swords or lore weapon expansion, to make it so that the weapon mods are actually added to the game as static objects and not just random loot. I don't mean a patch to make them work together, they already work together, just it kinda ruins it when Morrowloot makes it so that there are only a couple Daedric sets of armour/weapons in the world, and then other mods just add variations of Daedric to the leveled lists, so that you have to work really  hard for some vanilla Daedric items but something like Morrowind Daedric weapons from lore weapon expansion just turn up anywhere once you get to a high enough level. If nobody has made something like this, I would be interested in doing so, probably for lore weapon expansion first, then Jaysus swords then IW. This would be quite a bit of work but easy enough to do, for some weapons to prevent there from being huge amounts of similar high level stuff I may replace some of the EG:Daedric swords that Morrowloot adds with a variation from another weapon mods, so say if Morrowloot added 3 Daedric swords I might replace one of them with an ornate Daedric sword from another mod. This would make it similar to Morrowind's loot even when using many weapon mods. Just a thought, would anyone be interested in such a mod? Send me a message if you are interested or have an answer :D

Share this comment

But this totally effects the smithing perk tree. What have you done with that tree to go along with your changes? This is a good question so don't leave me hanging ;)

Share this comment

But this totally effects the smithing perk tree. What have you done with that tree to go along with your changes? This is a good question so don't leave me hanging ;)

No, it doesn't. It affects the recipes.

Share this comment

New to all these. The three .rar files represent mod versions?

I'm asking because Norrwloot2 has also meshes,textures etc. We install only one or we have to merge something together?

Share this comment