DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Swift Steeds -- New Lightbreed Horses 1.0

(0 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

Adds 5 new light breed horses to the Loreius Farm.

The horse is a re-sculpture of the vanilla horse mesh and uses a modified saddle and skeleton.nif file. The horses are marked essential and are as fast as the regular horse. Use Swift Steeds move it for faster horse. (1.5x the speed of vanilla)

Requirements:

Skyrim 1.9.29.0.8 or higher

Versions

Swift Steeds.esp uses 2048 textures

Swift Steeds lo res.esp uses 1024 textures

Use one -- the two are not compatible

Manual installation

1) Extract the contents of the ZIP folder into your Data folder.

2) Make sure the Swift Steeds.esp is checked in the Launcher.

Un-installation

1) Delete the files/folders associated with the mod

(Swift Steeds.esp in your data folder and the Swift Steeds folders found under meshes and textures in your Skyrim folder.

(Default is path C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data)

2) Make sure Swift Steeds.esp is unchecked in the Launcher.

Conflicts

Not compatible with any horse armors.

Known Issues

Riding can look odd when viewed from the side. The skeleton doesn't fit the mesh as well as it could, so I'm hoping moving the bones will help.

But until a new nifscript is released for Blender, there's no way to do this. (That I know of anyway.)

I've also had issues with the horses dying even though they're marked essential if the esp is placed before Convenient Horses and Convenient horse herding.

Just make sure it loads after those two mods or similar mods if you don't want them to die.

Permissions

All texture and mesh files are modder's resource. You don't need my permission to use them, just credit me for my work.

Please do not upload the esp file to other sites.

Credits

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Skyrim and the Creation Kit.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for the ReadMe Generator the ReadMe is based on.

Thanks to the Blender, Paint.net, Nifscope and GIMP developers for providing free software.

Thanks to Hanaisse (Tes Alliance) for the 'Creating Armor in Skyrim' tutorial.

In loving memory of my horse Flicka.

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• Added an optional files for 1.5x the speed of vanilla horse
  • The other files are the same speed as vanilla and not twice as fast -- sorry for any inconvenience

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.