Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: May 09 2013 06:59 PM
  • Last Updated: Jun 24 2013 12:02 AM
  • File Size: 85.29MB
  • Views: 10103
  • Downloads: 819
  • Usage Rights/Permissions: Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

Do NOT include any part of this mod, including assets, in any project that is asking for or allows donations.

Download The Moors V.05

Screenshots
Project: The Moors
Author: Ithlia
Version: V.05
Release Date: 09/05/2013
Category: Houses
Website(s): TES Alliance

==================
Requirements:
==================

Hearthfire
Dragonborn
Patch 1.9.32.0.8

==================
Description:
==================

The Moors is my sixth house mod for Skyrim and is set up to house four to six followers. This home has a very heavy Dwemer influence because I had been looking at a lot of Steam Punk design when I started this project so I was inspired to use a lot of the Dwemer/Dwarven items. This is the first home where I have attempted to use scripting and the scripts are all very simple, so nothing fancy.

Homes for a number of followers usually cause me two problems. The first, and the more serious of the two, is caused by trying to put the whole house in one cell. If you are familiar with my homes you will know that I really like a lot of detail and clutter. That coupled with having everything that one wants and needs in a house means that this can cause a serious hit to FPS.

The second issue is that followers are always in the damn way. They are constantly standing in doorways and refusing to move. I know there are mods to fix this but ...jeez..., I give them a whole house to use but they still insist on standing in doorways. Or they are banging away in the smithy area until the constant pounding drives me out the door. How I solved these problems was to build a duplex. The Moors has an East Wing, a West Wing and a Cellar. There is also a separate building that houses the smithy.

==================
Details:
==================

The Moors is located south of Solitude and is just across the river from the Solitude Mill. Anyone living here would surely have some way of traveling across the water because who wants to swim across a river every time they needed to go into town. So I added a rowboat and a small dock to either side of the water. The boats will fast travel you, your followers, as well as your horse back and forth between The Moors and the Solitude Mill. The fast travel for the boats is between the two boats only. There are no map markers for the boats and that is intentional.

The East Wing will comfortably house up to four followers. There are three bedrooms which contain a total of four single beds. There are cooking and eating facilities and a library in the small loft that overlooks the main area of the house. The East Wing will let your followers eat, sleep, drink and be merry without constantly being underfoot in the rest of the home.

The West Wing has everything you would expect in a home including a bathroom with a working shower and an area for enchanting. The alchemy area is set up in the kitchen. There is a double bed and dining for two so this area can be shared with a favorite follower or spouse.

The Cellar is where you will find storage and display for your gear. There are five mannequins, several weapon racks and named storage for armors and weapons. There are a few spots to display shields in the East Wing.

The Steam Powered Workshop... (I really wanted to call it The Steam Workshop but I suppose that would have caused me some issues) ...contains everything you need for smithing. I’ve added some custom workstations that use the vanilla animations with the exception being the smelter which functions as normal but has no animation. You will find a wood chopping block outside of the Cellar entrance and there is a baking oven located outside of the Workshop.

There is lots of safe storage throughout the buildings, most of it named so you should find a spot for everything. The only storage that is NOT SAFE are the fish barrels on the little dock.

The dining tables can either be set or cleared by clicking on the table’s centerpiece. The lights in the home are player controlled with the exception being the fireplaces which are always on. The exterior lights are on timers and will go on and off on their own. There are hot and cold water taps which are also player controlled. To be honest light switches and water taps are not something I personally feel belong in Skyrim homes. I don’t think these people would have had that technology. So to justify them I built a furnace room in the cellar. This provides water for the taps and the gas for the Dwemer lights. The home is heavily influenced by Dwemer technology and I think that those very clever Dwemer with all their machines might have had these luxuries. I had fun with the Dwemer items and textures and used them to decorate the place but the base of the home is the Solitude farmhouses, not the Dwemer buildings.

This mod has been given a clean bill of health by TES5Edit.

insane0hflex has created a video review of this mod. Thank you insane0hflex

==================
Installation:
==================

------------------------------
Nexus Mod Manager Instructions

Installing the Mod

1) Extract the contents of the archive to a temporary folder.
2) Copy the extracted archive to [Install Path]\Skyrim\NMM\Mods\.
3) Start Nexus Mod Manager
4) Click the Create button
5) Click the Add Archive button, navigate to the archive and select it, then click the Yes button.
6) Click the Create button, wait until it finishes, then click the Ok button.

Activating the Mod

1) Start Nexus Mod Manager
2) Double-click the name of the mod, once installed the mod icon will turn blue.

Manual Instructions

1) Extract the contents of the ZIP folder into your Data folder
2) Make sure the The Moors.esp is checked in the Launcher

==================
Un-Installation:
==================

Nexus Mod Manager Instructions

1) Start Nexus Mod Manager
2) Double click the mod to deactivate it, once finished the icon will turn green

Manual Instructions
1) Uncheck the The Moors.esp in the Launcher
2) In Skyrim/data/textures delete the file named The Moors
3) In Skyrim/data/meshes delete the file named The Moors
4) In Skyrim/data/sounds/fx delete the file named The Moors
5) In Skyrim/data/scripts delete the following scripts..

TheMoorsBoatFastTravel.pex
TheMoorsOnOff.pex
TheMoorsReverseOnOff.pex
TheMoorsTimedLights.pex
TheMoorsTimedLightsOnOffReversed.pex

6) In Skyrim/data delete The Moors.esp

==================
Incompatible:
==================
The Moors will not be compatible with any other mod using the same area. Cell -20,20

==================
Known Issues:
==================

In the Cellar there are two walls of weapon racks. The long wall will not display greatswords or staffs correctly. No matter what I did these weapons display upside down. However the short wall of weapon racks will display these weapons correctly.

==================
Changelog:
==================

09/05/2013 - Initial Release
11/05/2013 - Updated to V.02
14/05/2013 - Updated to V.03

==================
Contact Details:
==================

You can reach me here on TES Alliance as Ithlia

==================
Credits:
==================

Thanks to Artisanix - Paintings and Frames
Thanks to Breti - Buildings Resource
Thanks to DarkRider - Celtic Decor & Stoneware.
Thanks to Elined and Ztree - Water Plants
Thanks to Erdie - Music Box wav
Thanks to Ghaunadaur - for help with the boat fast travel.
Thanks to Hanaisse - Glass Trophy Cases
Thanks to InsanitySorrow - Bath Towles, Chairs and Sofas, Chessboard, Clutter Stuffs, Dwemer Clutter, Folded Blankets, Pillows, Rugs, Soap, Static Armor Stands and Wall Charts.
Thanks to Langley - Texture Resource
Thanks to Lilith - Catering by Lilith, Curio Cabinets and Ready Clutter
Thanks to Merilla - Babbette's Feast
Thanks to Nart2007 - Glass Texture
Thanks to Naturesoundspa - Bird wav
Thanks to Oaristys & Tony67 - Modder's Resource Pack 1.7
Thanks to Runspect - Resource for Modders
Thanks to Setuniman - Nice Tune wav
Thanks to Tamira & UMAR6419 - Tamira's Static Birds
Thanks to Tamira and Stroti - Castle Furniture and Castle Wall Resource
Thanks to YNASTBIH - Rug Resource
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Skyrim.
Thanks to InsanitySorrow for the ReadMe Generator this ReadMe is based on.

A special thanks to the crew here on TES Alliance.

==================
Tools Used:
==================

ReadMe Generator
Creation Kit
GIMP
NifSkope
TES5Edit

==================
Licensing/Legal:
==================

Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

Do NOT include any part of this mod, including assets, in any project that is asking for or allows donations.

==================
Modder's Will:
==================

If I am offline for six months or longer and do not respond to any attempts made at contacting me, I give full Ownership of my Projects to TES Alliance.

TES Alliance are free to modify/redistribute/remove as they see fit.

What's New in Version V.05 (See full changelog)

• 23/06/2013 File cleaned and uploaded again as V.05
  • Added a Dragon landing spot on the house
  • Fixed a couple of Vanilla containers where I forgot to un-check the re-spawning feature.
  • 14/05/2013 - Fixed a misaligned mesh in the West Wing.
  • - Fixed a reported issue with the bed in the West Wing.

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

First VOTE! First DOWNLOAD I hope :D.

Thank you very much ! Detailed review will be made tomorrow.

I am a little nervous about uploading my mod here. You folks know so much more about the technical side of modding then I do.

I have been watching your screens on this from the very frist day when I mistook you for someone else. It's great to finally see it. :pints:

Oh no you much better. This so awsome home. Will give more detailed review soon I hope. Just too impressed by everything in that home :D.

...and now I'm suffering from modding withdrawal.  I'm so used to morning coffee and poking away at a mod. *twiddles thumbs*  Guess I'll just have to play Skyrim.

New Version is up. Nothing big, just fixed a couple of vanilla containers that were left on respawn. So please update to V.02 to avoid loosing anything.

Photo
mellowtraumatic
May 11 2013 10:46 PM

Such an elegant place. I finally got to check it out. Everything looking good so far and I love the workshop and the enchanting table. Some screenshots will be posted at some point. I need to recruit some followers too because with all those beds, roommates are definitely in order.

Thank you for the feedback mellow!  It is nice to know that it seems to be working for someone other then myself.  I hope you have updated to V.02

Photo
mellowtraumatic
May 13 2013 01:10 PM

I have now. Dragon approved version is installed. :D

Photo
SuperSledgeNY
Oct 31 2013 07:17 PM

Another beautiful home, well thought out and interesting to be in. The Dwemer theme incorporated throughout the home makes for a lot of eye candy with moving parts, giving the workshop a very nice touch. The follower area was a great idea especially if you run around with a "gang" like my character does. I'm a sucker for waterside property and this home did not disappoint. I loved the location and as we all know, the first three rules of real estate is location, location and location. Thanks for another great home and another quality mod.

BTW, I posted a screenie of my glamazon relaxing in the living room on "another" web site and almost immediately someone wanted to know what house mod it was.

Random Files

• 1,440 Total Files
  • 141 Total Categories
  • 305 Total Authors
  • 506,972 Total Downloads
  • Warg Mounts Latest File
  • Ragna_Rok Latest Submitter

85 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

2 members, 82 guests, 1 anonymous users

BoneofMalkav, colthomp