DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Immersive Sounds - Magic 1.0

(1 review)

About This File

2Pi3RNM.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETyBCfH1nE4

ABOUT

If I could describe Skyrim's magic sounds in one word, it would be this: thin.

How are you supposed to feel like a badass sorcerer when it sounds like you're in the kitchen

cooking dinner?

This mod overhauls the casting sounds for several of the spell schools. Alteration, Illusion,

Restoration and Conjuration have been focused on so far.

I feel that the destruction sounds aren't in as dire need of attention, but they may be looked

on in the future if I feel I can improve them substantially.

All of the new sounds are high fidelity. This really shouldn't be a bullet point, but far too

often I find that mods containing custom sounds have sample rates as low as 11khz or even

worse, high noise floors, plenty of clipping, very audible aliasing artifacts, etc. These are

all clean sounding in 44khz 16-bit stereo!

MANUAL INSTALL

Extract into Skyrim/Data, overwrite when prompted, enable Immersive Sounds - Magic.esp

MANUAL UNINSTALL

Disable/remove .esp, then remove the relevant sub-folders within Data/sound/fx/mag/ (if you're unsure, just refer to the .zip you extracted them from)

COMPATIBILITY

This mod overrides vanilla sound files and alters some Sound Descriptors to enable

stereo playback. It is best to assume it will conflict with any mods that add similar changes. These aspects are mostly only changed by sound mods and should pose no problems at all with gameplay mods.

If you have some other specific preferences for sounds, it is best to install them after this one, and

any .esp should be loaded after Immersive Sounds in the Load Order.

FUTURE PLANS

This mod is the first part of a planned series, hence "Immersive Sounds". Melee

combat, archery, and world interactions (doors, item looting, etc) are on the way.

I also plan to update the Magic module with more changes, for example adding unique sounds to

the cornerstone Illusion spells such as Fury or Fear (currently using the Firebolt sounds in

vanilla). This requires more in-depth editing to spells though which may conflict with popular

magic/gameplay mods such as SkyRe, so compatibility solutions must be taken into account.

There are no gameplay mod conflicts in the current version!

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• Initial Version

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.