DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Phitt's Fishtank 1.0

(3 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

=========================

Phitt's Fishtank

Modder's Resource

By Phitt

Converted for Skyrim by Tamira

You can find the original files here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/13542/?

This is a modders resource only. A fishtank with animated fishes meant to be used as decoration in mods.

Here is what you get:

Fishtank

5 Fishes:

Angel Fish

Neon Fish

Clown Fish

Discus Fish

Tiger Fish

6 Animations

------------------------

Additionally I added a new waterplant that I converted from a free 3d model resource.

The model was made by Yughues aka Nobiax: http://www.sharecg.com/v/72374/browse/5/3D-Model/Stylish-plants

----------------------------------------

To see the fishes in action visit the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun. There are two fishtanks I set up for demonstration purposes only (they are not perfect).

People who have my New Plants demo know that I like that place :D

Important:

=========

The fishtank itself MUST be added as an activator and a water type MUST be selected, else your game will crash.

I recommend to edit the HorseTrough01 for this purpose as it has already the recommended water type.

Add the fishes as statics (not as movable statics!).

Press the 'run havok sim' button in the CK to control the animations while modding.

To make the placing of the fishes easier you can scale up the fishtank a bit (1.1).

The included waterplant has to be added as a tree to show the movement, I recommend to edit the TreeClover01 like I did in the demo.

Quote from the original readme by Phitt:

== Modding with the fishtanks ==

The fishes are a bit tricky to place since the space in the fishtanks is limited and the animations are fixed. Here is a guideline on how to use the different animations, it is also recommended to have a look at my esp to get a better understanding on how to place the fishes.

All animations turn to the right, except for the 'CirclesLeft' animation. So make sure there is enough room (about half of the fishtanks width) in the appropriate direction.

Fast/Medium/Slow

This is the standard animation in three different speeds. The fishes will swim from one end of the tank to the other and turn around there. You need to place the them at the center of the tank or they will swim out of it as they use nearly the whole length of the tank.

Lazy

A slow animation where the fish stops from time to time that uses only a part of the fishtank length. You have a bit more freedom using this one, but the fishes should still be close to the center.

CirclesLeft

The fish slowly swims a narrow circular path. Doesn't need much space.

Sleeping

The fish floats and stays (almost) in place. Only very minor up/down left/right movement/rotation to give it a more realistic look. You can place this animation everywhere in the tank.

=================

Permissions:

=================

This is a modder's resource. You may use the files in your own mods as long as you give credit to the authors and you do not charge money for it.

Please link back to this resource when you use it in your mod.

Do not upload to other sites.

=================

Credits:

=================

Phitt - Models/Textures

Yughues aka Nobiax for the plant model and texture

The Niftools team for giving us Nifskope.

Skyfox from the Niftools team for his great tool NifUtils

CG Textures

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

... ... o_O ... *closes eyes* ... *looks again to ensure not dreaming* ... ... O_o ...

AWESOME!!!

thx a lot for this one :)

( im a huge fan of exotic fishes since i made my diving-license :D )

(5/5 ... definitely earned!)

The Oblivion version is used (and credited) in Rathunas; I actually placed three of them.

It's a way-cool resource, and I'm so glad it's available now for Skyrim.