About This File
and Eir's Rest
This is homes for the player I made for the final exam of the CK basics course DarkRider kindly put up for us here. Thank you so much!
This mod adds two houses for the player to buy:
- Whitewater Farm, located in Whiterun hold, east of Whiterun city, near Battleborn Farm,
- Eir's Rest, a small house situated in Riverwood, behind the Sleeping Giant Inn.
For more details about the content of the houses and exterior cells, click on the image below to access the photo album:
Skyrim Special Edition versions:
- To use this mod with Skyrim Special Edition, download the file named WhitewaterfarmSE.zip and extract its content into your Data files folder, exactly as you would do for the original Skyrim.
Once this done, launch the game, click on "mods" on the menu page and place it at the lowest place possible in your load order, using the "X" key and the up and down arrows.
Do not use the Hearthfires patch with the Skyrim Special Edition, it's included already.
Base game only but works with Dawnguard, Hearthfires and Dragonborn as well.
- extract the content of the archives into your ~:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data directory. Over write when windows ask for it. Launch the game, click on "Data Files" and make sure the esp is activated,
- use only one version of the mod at a time,
- if you own the Hearthfires expansion, you'll need the WWFarmHearthfiresPatch. It moves a Stone Quarry from behind the house to just outside the gate near Gerdur's house:
XBox One version:
Click on the link several times until it actually gets you to the right page.
Any mod making changes to the following cells:
- Wilderness cell 9, -1,
- Riverwood05 6, -12 and Wilderness 9, -1.
What about safe storage?
- the main house is a safe storage in itself as it will never reset. Anything the player takes, whether it's displaying on furniture or stored in sacks, barrels, chests, cupboards, dressers, end tables, will never come back. Anything the player puts there will stay there.
- the house contains three bookshelves set to contain up to 6 times 18 books.
- the basement being Allia and Bjorn's home, it resets.
- all the containers outside reset.
- Old Boy Allia and Bjorn will not respawn once they have died.
- once a week, on Saturday morning, Allia will spend three hours cleaning the house.
- Allia sells food and produce from the farm.
Can the player move with spouse and children in the houses?
No. I had this in mind but, as a player myself, I felt the need for a place that would be for my character only, a place to crash and rest and heal and think and feel safe. And maybe keep stuff away from children.
The game has trouble "remembering" where you placed objects when you decorate your house; if you drop objects in your house and place them immediately where you want them to be and leave the house, you'll find them scattered on the floor when you come back. There is a simple fix to that glitch:
- drop the objects you want to place in your house on the floor,
- leave the house,
- come back into the house and place them where you want them to be.
I - Whitewater Farm:
As it's name says, Whitewater Farm is a farm. It's fully functional and tended by an old couple of Nords, Allia and Bjorn. The current owner fled the country just after Alduin flew over his head after destroying Helgen but Allia and Bjorn decided that they would stay.
Whitewater Farm is located in Whiterun hold, east of Whiterun city, near Battleborn Farm.
How to get it?
Like all the other player houses, Whitewater Farm can be bought, the condition being that the Jarl permits that you buy property in their hold. As far as Whiterun is concerned, you will be allowed to buy the property after you have given the Dragonstone to Farengar.
To do so:
- go to Whitewater Farm and pick up the note that is pinned on the door,
- gather 10,000 Septims,
- go see the current Jarl's steward in Whiterun.
In exchange for the money, the steward will give the player the key to the main house and take the note.
What does the player buy exactly?
The player buys the entire farm and all it's dependencies: buildings and animals, except for the dog. Old Boy, the dog, belongs to Allia and Bjorn and is not for hire.
Allia and Bjorn live in the basement of the farm; they don't own it, the player does, but, all its content belong to the couple. Taking anything there is stealing.
II - Eir's Rest:
Eir's Rest is a small house situated in Riverwood, behind the Sleeping Giant Inn.
How does the player buy Eir's Rest?
- go fetch the dragonstone for Farengar and deliver it to him,
- go to Eir's Rest in Riverwood and pick up the note that is pinned next to the door,
- gather 2,000 Septims,
- go see the current Jarl's steward in Whiterun.
In exchange for the money, the steward will give the player the key to the house and take the note.
Yes! Eirs was a hunter, she died some time ago, probably killed by bandits. Her dog, Baldwin, survived and will greet the player when he comes close to the house, eager to follow the Dragonborn during his/her adventures.
- the dog will force greet the player only one time,
- the player will know the dog's name after reading Eir's journal that she left on the table outside the house,
- hiring Baldwin will not prevent the player from hiring another dog or animal (tested with both Meeko and Vigilance, should work with the animals added by Dawnguard).
If you have any problem with this mod, please leave a message below. If you like this mod, please, leave also a message below and rate it!
Have fun in Skyrim!
Great many thanks!
- To DarkRider and the TES Alliance team for the wonderful job they do here.
- To Tood Howard and his team for their efforts at making the Elder Scrolls world real, although virtual.
Note: there is another mod by the name Whitewater Farm. I recently learnt about it; it's a pure coincidence if my mod wears the same name. Here it is: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60747/?
What's New in Version
Skyrim Special Edition only:
- You can now ask Baldwin, the dog you can hire in Riverwood, to do things for you. Talk to Baldwin and use the "Hey boy..." dialogue line.
- The dog will be able to attack anyone or any animal, wait at a precise spot you'll point at and interact with everything, including things that dogs are not supposed to interact with, like barrels or harvesting plants. It will be up to you to choose if you want your dog to do things dogs are unable to do in real life.
- If you are using my "Silent Dogs of Skyrim" mod, you can remove it; the content of that mod has been merged with this one. If you choose to not use this mod, you'll have to reinstall "Silent Dogs of Skyrim" in return.
During the tests, I asked him to attack Stump, he didn't because I've set both dogs as brothers.