DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Skyrim Original Edition] LOD generation source files

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

These files are destined to be used for generating LOD for Skyrim Original Edition but you can use them to generate the LOD for Skyrim Special Edition.

Important:

If you use these files to generate the LOD for Skyrim Special Edition, you must make them with the Creation Kit that goes with Skyrim Original Edition. Making them with the Creation Kit that comes with Skyrim Special Edition won't work.

The related tutorial is here:

How to generate Level of Detail (LOD) for a custom world space

Note:

I have extracted these files myself from my Skyrim 1.9.32 install, after studying the corresponding files Nico coiN uploaded to AFK Mods.

Problems downloading the files?

If you have problems with the download button, you can find these files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap1XqL-YTdfNbq7H3UqK39IOvo0

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

How can you tell whether you are using Vanilla CK or SSE CK?  I need the source files for LOD, but am unsure which to download.

UPDATE:

I have found out that I am using the SSE CK.  Where can I get the source files for that version?  Also, is the tutorial the same?

Edited by TheGhostFollows

8 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

The tutorial is the same but you must use it with the original CK. Generating LOD with the new CK is broken.

Thanks!  Also, I tried to download the source files provided here:

But whenever I click on the link it tells me that I don't have permission to access that!  Is this a known issue?  Is there a way around it?

And one final question...after generating LOD with the old CK, can I go back to using the new CK to make changes to my mod, if needed?

Edited by TheGhostFollows

2 hours ago, TheGhostFollows said:

But whenever I click on the link it tells me that I don't have permission to access that!  Is this a known issue?  Is there a way around it?

No, it seems to be a new thing. :( @DarkRider will have to take a look. Thanks for reporting.

In the meantime, I'm going to upload the file on my one drive; give me some time. :)

2 hours ago, TheGhostFollows said:

And one final question...after generating LOD with the old CK, can I go back to using the new CK to make changes to my mod, if needed?

Yes, of course, as long as you no longer modify the world space for which you created the lod.

It's better to generate the lod when the mod is entirely finished but generating the lod being just using the content of the plugin itself and not modifying it, you can carry on working on it afterwards. Don't forget to use a copy of the plugin to make the lod and then carry on working on it with the original. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

So...I'm having a hell of a time getting the old creation kit to work with SSE.  Do you know of any reliable tutorials that cover how to do this?  I downloaded the original CK and the original skyrim from steam and then tried all kinds of things to get it to work with SSE from there, but since your last post I have been unable to do that.

I did get to one point where I generated some terrain, but since then my custom worldspace won't load and SSE CTD's.  I have made multiple backups, so it's not a big deal, I'm just getting frustrated since this is the final step to releasing my mod and it has been the biggest headache ever lol.

I appreciate all your previous replies more than you can imagine and I'm really sorry to keep bothering you, but this has been incredibly helpful to me and I don't really know where else to turn.

14 minutes ago, TheGhostFollows said:

I did get to one point where I generated some terrain, but since then my custom worldspace won't load and SSE CTD's.

You must use the original of your plugin to carry on working on it in the CK for SSE, not the copy you used to make the LOD with the old CK. :)

And once your LOD files are ready, just trransfer them from the old Skyrim directory to the SSE directory, each at the same place.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Trying to get my plugin.esp-copy to work is causing issues in the old CK.  Have you ever seen this pop up while the old CK loads?  I'm going to post this in the Nexus Forums to see if anyone has a solutionstringerror.png.46353adfd4ae1dd07214bf5224c92c8f.png

Yeah, localisatoin problems are a very common issue. Unfortunately, I don't remember how to fix it. Search the web and you'll find the answer. :)

• Love This 1

19 minutes ago, TheGhostFollows said:

Trying to get my plugin.esp-copy to work is causing issues in the old CK.  Have you ever seen this pop up while the old CK loads?  I'm going to post this in the Nexus Forums to see if anyone has a solution

Now that I think of it, I think you must extract the string files that are in the .bsa.

I'm almost there!  So far your help has gotten me further than any other guide on the internet and I really appreciate it.

I have finally generated a decent LOD with just two problems now:

1. I now have black boxes around my LOD trees (photo attached)

2. Distant terrain is black and doesn't gain color until the player walks closer to it.

If you have any suggestions for either of these issues please let me know.  I'm desperate at this point :(

20190516084335_1.jpg

Ugh, never had these problems... Do these trees belong to the original game?

About the generated textures, did you move them to Data/Textures?