Silent Dogs of Skyrim final and Skyrim SE final and Skyrim SE versions

1 Screenshot

About This File

Silent Dogs of Skyrim

by ladyonthemoon

---oOo---

March 3rd, 2017, Skyrim Special Edition version:

To use this mod with Skyrim Special Edition, download the file named SilentDogsOfSkyrimSE.zip and extract its content into your Data files folder, exactly as you would do for the original Skyrim.

Once this done, launch the game, click on "mods" on the menu page and place it at the lowest place possible in your load order, using the "X" and arrow keys.

Description:

If you mainly play on first person view and you can no longer stand dogs barking in your ears while you are crawling in a dangerous dungeon, this mod is for you! It makes the dogs silent, especially when they follow you; (they keep barking in some circumstances).

Consequently, people will tend to say "stupid dog!" or "good dog!" to dogs who greeted them silently. I haven't managed to find a work around for this, sorry.

Note:

For some reason, this mod doesn't work well, if not at all, if you play on third person view. I have no idea at all why it is so.

Installation:

Download the archive and extract both the esp and bsa files into your ~:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data directory. Start the launcher, click on "Data Files" and make sure that the mod is activated.

Deinstallation:

Remove both the esp and bsa files from your Data directory.

Incompatibilities:

None whatsoever, the dogs not being directly modified.

XBox One version:

Silent Dogs of Skyrim, subscribe on Bethesda.net

Click on the link several times until it actually gets you to the right page.

Enjoy!

ladyonthemoon

---oOo---

To Bethesda Games Studios for making this marvellous game and providing us thousands of hours of sheer pleasure!

Usage Permissions

No redistribution. You can modify this mod for your personal use only; do not redistribute this mod after you've modified it! You are not authorised to publish this mod on Bethesda.net.

User Feedback

Saw this on Bethie.net but don't use it.  Much needed mod! 

Share this comment

Indeed it is.

Why don't you use it? Never use dogs as followers? (If I may ask!)

Share this comment

Actually, I meant I don't use Bethesda.net.  But ya, never had a dog follower until this last play through.......  Thanks again.

Share this comment