About This File
Griselda, the Morthal Trader
March 3rd, 2017, Skyrim Special Edition version:
To use this mod with Skyrim Special Edition, download the file named GriseldaTheMorthalTraderSE.zip and extract its content into your Data files folder, exactly as you would do for the original Skyrim.
Once this done, launch the game, click on "mods" on the menu page and place it at the lowest place possible in your load order, using the "X" and arrow keys.
There is now a trader in Morthal! Meet Griselda The Freckled:
Griselda is a general goods trader; she sells and buy a bit of everything.
The Hearthfire version will allow the player to buy building materials and other items added by the expansion:
- children's apparel and toys,
- raw food,
- goat horns,
- hinge (6, do not respawn),
- iron fittings (3, do not respawn),
- locks (3, do not respawn),
- corundom ingots (5, do not respawn),
- iron ingots (9, three respawn).
- her store opens from 10am to 6 pm (10:00 h to 18:00 h);
- at 6 pm she relaxes upstairs outside, reading, eating a bit, making potions.
- at 8 pm, she goes to the inn where she eats and drinks until 11 pm,
- she sleeps from midnight to 8 am,
- she has her breakfast from 8 to 10 am.
She doesn't want to be disturbed when she is at home and it's not working time. The locks on her doors are set "adept" and are levelled; the keys are in her pocket alongside the keys that open her personal chest and strongbox.
Griselda is "protected" so that she doesn't die from random vampires or dragons attacks; only the player can kill her, and she is "pc level" x 1,1 uncapped. Her weapons are iron or steel enchanted daggers.
If the player is a member of the Thieves Guild, they could be sent to her for a "numbers job" quest. Nothing for the Dark Brotherhood though.
Installation and removal:
1) You are not already using a previous version:
- extract the content of the archive in your "~:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data" directory and make sure the mod is selected in the "Data files" of the launcher,
2) You were already using a previous version and you plan on using this new version with a save you made while you were using the previous version:
- remove both the .esp and .bsa files that are in your "~:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data" directory,
- launch the game and load your save, click on "OK" when the game informs you that there's something missing in your save,
- save your game and quit,
- extract the content of the new version archive in your "~:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data" directory and make sure the mod is selected in the "Data files" of the launcher,
- launch the game and load the save you made.
Removal is not really an option, but if you really want to get rid of this mod:
- remove both the .esp and .bsa files that are in your "~:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data" directory.
Any other mod that tempers with the cell "MorthalExterior03".
The Skyrim Special Edition version is compatible with the mod Hold Capitals: Morthal by LordCurse.
Great many thanks to Bethesda Softworks for creating this amazing game!
What's New in Version final and Skyrim SE versions
- this new version requires Dawnguard, Hearthfires and Dragonborn,
- fixes some details I had overlooked,
- you will no longer be able to attack and kill Griselda without consequences.
This mod was originally created using only Skyrim.esm and Update.esm as dependencies and modifies exterior cells in Morthal.
It appears that the Dawnguard expansion made some (rather invisible) changes to the "Persistent worldspace cell", adding regions to it, one of them being named "avNavmeshBatch4".
The result of these additions missing in my mod is that the navmesh in Morthal were more or less broken, making the npcs act weirdly. This new version fixes that.
Fixes an issue with Falion's house being invisible when you delete the mod.
Griselda sells more soups and a full set of Skaal clothes; for you if you are using the Survival Mode!
She also sells them if you are not using the Survival Mode.