About This File
Table of Contents
Plugins – Description and Functions
Spawn Rates Explained
Load Order Guide by Corepc
Additional Alternative Downloads
MMM Goes to Shivering Isles
Team Members – Past & Present
Hunting and Crafting Guide (Includes Gems & Gemdust Documentation)
The variety in MMM is almost limitless. Each creature and NPC, both original and new, spawns with (in defined ranges) a randomized size; randomized adjustments to stats (such as strength, agility, health, fatigue, magic, willpower, and intelligence) all particular to their class; as well as range-randomized confidence; aggression; and even combat fighting styles. No more clones of creatures or NPCs where each one is identical; with MMM every encounter is different because every creature -- even within the same race -- is a unique individual.
More than this, stat adjustments are broken into two sections -- health, magic, strength, fatigue and confidence are affected by the same value that determines size -- so smaller creatures are generally weaker too, and in turn, less confident. Stats like agility, speed, and aggression are randomized based on and applied against the core stats. For instance, speed is important -- now you will see herds of deer running away at different speeds, or hordes of goblins charging towards you and fighting with you at different speeds. These size, stat, and aggression changes, combined with the fleeing and behavior code, all contribute to create a tremendous sense of life in the creatures of Tamriel.
Additionally, the advanced fleeing code applies not just to player character interactions, but works among other creatures and NPCs as well. You may see a wolf starting a fight with a Bandit, and then running for its life. Or goblins swarming a Troll, then pelting off when the tide turns against them. In fact, while very few mods allow for anything more than NPCs than can flee, MMM adds carefully adapted code to all sorts of creatures and NPC types, specific to their class or nature (so for example; Dremora never flee, nor do Bosses).
Finally, MMM is the first mod to tie a creature's confidence and aggression into faction interactions. Usually, setting faction ratings creates static behavior (if a creature has a big enough negative reaction to another faction, it will always attack); but with MMM, creatures spawn with a varied range of aggression and confidence--which when combined with the faction ratings, creates a vast diversity of behavior. For example, a Big Cat might not always be hungry, and so might not always chase prey. Or a spawning Ogre that has a faction prejudice against wolves in general may appear ambivalent towards a nearby wolf, while a second spawned Ogre attacks it outright. These changes scale in accordance with a creature's size and stats, with bigger, more confident creatures being more likely to start a fight with factions they just tolerate (as opposed to outright war or friendship). More primal such as Wolves or Trolls or Minotaurs may even attack their own kind. It's a low percentage, but if a highly aggressive Wolf spawns, it'll be highly aggressive not only to other factions, but could well turn on other wolves in a fight.
The most important result that the faction system brings… is that the player is no longer the centre of the universe. No more will you have three different creatures all attacking you at once and ignoring each other. Now, fights will be all-in brawls between you and the fighting factions you've stumbled upon.
Martigen’s Monster Mod requires the Official Bethesda Patch Version 1.2.0416 or SI Patch
Oblivion Mod Manager is required for OMOD Install Options, and can also be used for Load Ordering, Archive Invalidation, etc.; and Wrye Bash, while being slightly more complex for the new user, is an invaluable tool capable of doing all that and more.
Martigen’s Monster Mod 3.8 requires both a resource BSA Download Martigen's Monster Mod 3.8 BSA and the latest ESM/ESP Updates, both of which can only be found at TesAlliance (TESA).
Martigen's Monster Mod for Shivering Isles - Requires SI and 1.2.0416 SI Patch Installed. Please note that the GOTY Edition Already comes with SI, Knights, and SI Patch 1.2.0416.
Martigen's Monster Mod for Knights -- Requires Knights of Nine to be installed (the Unofficial Official Mods Patch for Knights is also recommended). See Knights Section.
Martigen’s Monster Mod used in conjunction with Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul requires Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul version 1.35 or higher. Because the structure of both mods has changed, using any other version may result in missing meshes and textures.
Martigen's Monster Mod used with Frans requires Francesco’s Creatures and Items mod. The newest version (v.5) is preferred, but v.4.5 (available at Planet Elder Scrolls) is also compatible.
Wrye Bash is highly recommended, as its bashed patch helps resolve problems when using other mods with MMM, especially in merging leveled lists and race features. See Bash Section.
BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) is recommended to help sort your load order. It is available here at TesNexus.
INSTALL ORDER FOR MMM 3.8
First and foremost, for compatibility reasons—since everything is stored in bsa now—you have to pay close attention to how you install other mods, since MMM still shares some resources with UOP and Cobl in particular. Please use the following as a guide:
Unofficial Patches and DLC Mod Patches first
Frans and OOO, WarCry, Bob's Armory, Armamentarium, and Artifacts
Cobl / Cobl Races
Download Main Files from TesAlliance
MMM now sports a shiny new fully-optimized BSA, making installation, removal and playing a breeze! Detailed information on the BSA can be found here.
For ease of installation of the ESM and various ESP’s, TheNiceOne has created an OMOD Installer to be used with OBMM. Activating the MMM OMOD will automatically guide you through the install process, selecting the appropriate components and helping you customize the install according to your preferences. The BSA OMOD installer comes with a script that asks you what version of MMM you plan on using (MMM, MMMforFrans, MMMforOOO, or FCOM) and will rename the BSA as needed so that MMM’s resources are correctly launched as the game loads. The OMOD installer will detect if you are using other major overhaul mods (i.e., Frans, OOO, FCOM) and will only install the correct ESP components needed. This prevents incorrect load order configurations.
Alternately, Wryebash’s BAIN function can also be used for installation. Both archives are simply placed in the Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers directory under Bethesda Softworks, and activated under the Installers tab of Wryebash. At present, this method is recommended only for experienced users, until a full BAIN package is released; but the process is straightforward and simple enough without it.
HOW TO INSTALL MMM 3.8 Full Version Manually via BAIN
1] Copy MMM.bsa to your Oblivion/Data directory (or simply click Install on both the BSA and ESM/ESP packages in the Installers Tab).
2] Select 'Mart's Monster Mod.esm' (If using OOO together with MMM, also select MMMforOOO.esm. This does not apply for FCOM!)
3] Select ONE of the following:
'Mart's Monster Mod.esp' - And manually rename MMM.bsa to Mart's Monster Mod.bsa
'Mart's Monster Mod for Frans.esp' - And manually rename BSA to Mart's Monster Mod for Frans.bsa
'Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp' - And manually rename BSA to Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.bsa
If you are using MMM in an FCOM configuration, rename BSA to FCOM_Convergence_Mart's Monster Mod.bsa
Failure to rename the BSA properly for your installation will result in missing resources ingame, as the BSA will not be loaded on game startup!!
4] Read about the range of optional plugins from the PLUGINS section Here
5] Select your choice of these additional plugins in the right-hand panel of the Wryebash Installer
6] Under the Mods Tab of Wryebash, create or rebuild your bash patch
NOTE: Don't forget to rest your character at least 4 full days to reset already-visited cells, allowing new creatures and NPCs to appear. You do not have to do this if you are starting a brand new game.
HOW TO UPGRADE MMM IN AN EXISTING INSTALL:
MMM 3.8 Upgrade from Previous Version:
1) Disable and remove all prior MMM Install, and hotfixes, esm / esp and all optional files. MMM Version 3.8 absolutely requires this step!
2) Install MMM 3.8 using your method of choice and make sure all existing ESM/ESP and optional files (if you have any) have been overwritten with the new ones. You MUST have the official patch 1.2.0416 or SI Patch 1.2.0416 installed to use MMM 3.8.
3) *NOTE* The Spawn Rate Plugins have been renamed. Delete your old ones and use the new ones from the Optional Plugins folder.
4) In-game, rest inside somewhere without any NPCs for 4-14 days* to ensure your cells reset, allowing new creatures and NPCs to spawn. You MUST do this if you are upgrading an existing save game. You do NOT have to do this if you are starting a brand new game.
* Resting/waiting time depends on what game respawn time you are using. Default is 3 days, but some mods or tweaks can extend this to two weeks or more.
Uninstall - Deactivate omod or use the ‘Uninstall’ option in BAIN. Alternatively, delete mmm.bsa and all esm / esp plugin files.
Additional Install Notes
Francesco and MMM Install
Relevant plugins from Francesco's:
Option Group 1 - Quest and Arena Only - MMM already contains leveled guards.
Option Group 2 - You can use all these.
Option Group 3 - None of these – They are already in MMM, the only exception is Stronger Enemies and Bosses. You must use Wrye Bash’s bashed patch to make it work.
Option Group 4 – Use only Vendor Tweaks (if desired); everything else is already contained in MMMforFrans.
New Third Party Items - New Item Addon Only - All Creatures / AI behavior and Scripts are already in MMMforFrans.
Plugins from MMM:
MMMforFrans, MMM - Frans Leveled Quest and whatever else you want to use from MMM plugins
Spawn Rate Reduced or Reduced Reduced is recommended for first-time users of MMM, or if your system is mid-range.
MMMforFrans is set to Frans Hardcore mode by default and most of Frans customizable features do work (loot at least)
Fran's Leveled Quests Update:
If you use 'Frans leveled quests.esp', please read the following.
Ensure you load the 'Mart Monster Mod - Frans leveled quests.esp' plugin after both Frans and MMM files.
You MUST ensure you have 'Francescos optional leveled quests.esp' installed from Frans, either standalone or merged into the 'Francescos optional files.esp' (by the v.4.5 installer)—or loading the 'Mart Monster Mod - Frans leveled quests.esp' will not work.
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and MMM Install
MMMforOOO 3.8 requires OOO 1.35 or later version!
Make sure that OOO.esm is loading before MMM.esm and MMMforOOO.esm, and that OOO.esp is loading before MMMforOOO.esp. Do not use Diverse Skins, or Diverse Imperial Armor. BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) will automatically order the plugins correctly.
All of MMM’s main resources (MMM/MMMforSI/H&C) have been neatly packed and optimized into BSA form by the diligent and awesome work of Corepc. The BSA structure is now an MMM standard and preferred method for installation, and the ONLY option for MMM 3.8. This greatly increases ease of installation as well as streamlines MMM itself. The BSA organizes and contains the thousands of resource files which MMM requires to work properly. The BSA contains 5800+ files and over 627 folders. Meshes have been put through the PYFIII treatment and many Textures have been optimized for BSA usage (DXT1, DXT3 or DXT5 with Mip Maps added or resized).
MMM does much more than add completely new and unique creature and NPC types. It also adds to all creatures and NPCs in the game both original and new:
* Martigen’s brilliant advanced fleeing code for NPCs based on level and health
* Advanced wilderness behavior for animals and creatures
* Advanced inter-faction behavior for creatures and NPCs (see 'Factions' below)
* Advanced combat behavior based on Lyrondor’s Combat Behavior mod
* Advanced plugin system with optional plugins to tailor the mod to your play style
* New and more rewarding loot drops for all creatures and NPCs
* New and versatile optional crafting system
* The ability to encounter new creatures up to level 40 in the game, and be challenged to level 50+
* Statically scaled leveling -- meet creatures and NPCs more powerful than you, and less powerful than you, regardless of your level.
Additionally, you'll also get to see:
* An ability for 'enemy' NPCs to feign death, or cast invisibility, in order to try and flee
* Undead creatures or npcs that resurrect in front of you when you least it expect it!
* Undead that resurrects after time, to create new encounters as you leave a dungeons
* Leveled guards in cities, with legion military ranks
* Patrol guards for roads, which include females
* New ingredients from animals, including pelts and meats and much more
* Giants in the form of giant humanoids, and giant Ogres
* Resized races for greater diversity in Tamriel's inhabitants
* Nords and Orcs bulkier (a.k.a. Bulkier Nords and Orcs mod)
* The player no longer being the center of the universe -- the world happens around you sometimes, with or without your interaction, creating a realistic and thriving experience.
From its very beginnings, Martigen’s Monster Mod has been developed with a passionate attention to detail. It is much more than ‘monsters’ in the common sense – it consists of unique creatures and NPCs each designed with a purpose, style, back story, lore, AI, loot, abilities, ingredients, faction behavior and more. Put simply, it contains and encompasses life: animals that can be afraid, aggressive, or tame, all of which behave accordingly; bosses that are bigger and meaner; Spriggans that may bring down a furious storm when killed; furs and meats on Barbarians; Marauders that like their drinks; petty loot on Bandits; Smugglers carrying their cargo; new regional armors on patrolling guards; corpses that stay around longer so you can loot them … and much, much more.
MMM’s creature faction design is one of the most advanced to date and deserves some explanation:
The system is based off the creatures’ temperament towards other factions, and is closely tied in with an individual creature's aggression and confidence. In other words, values are not solely based around racial relations, but include to what degree a spawned creature would attack or avoid members of another faction. For example, Ogres might be happy to mix it up with Goblins; but Goblins, while recognizing Ogres as a threat, generally will not initiate combat with foes much larger than them -- why start a fight you could lose?
The tight integration of a creature's aggression with factions creates a highly versatile and fluid system that is almost limitless in varieties of behavior. By way of example, take a simple scenario of a Minotaur stumbling upon a boar. If the Minotaur spawned with a low aggression level, its faction relationship to the boar might cause it to be ambivalent towards the boar, and it will not automatically attack. If the same Minotaur spawned with a higher aggression level, its faction relationship to the boar would cause it to attack the boar on sight.
This is different from other mods that alter factions because without aggression scaling, behavior is static and always predictable -- the Minotaur will always attack. With MMM, faction relationships are flexible and are as individual as the creatures themselves. Moreover, these relationships still allow for outright enemies and friendships, regardless of aggression, in addition to the fluid system of unique creatures and their particular bias. For example, this allows 'Dire' (diseased) animals to be more aggressive and trigger fights with factions that healthy animals normally wouldn't bother with (includes their own kin).
As another example, a whole range of behavior can be seen from something as simple as a group of wolves. A pack of wolves might spawn where some of them chase after nearby deer while others don't. The variances in creature speed mean a wolf might catch up and kill a deer, or the deer might outrun the wolf. Add to this how these same wolves might interact with more than 22 other factions they might encounter while chasing or fleeing—with each wolf having individual size, stats, and its own predilection to fight—even this small microcosm shows a wide variety of behaviors and outcomes simply not present in vanilla Oblivion.
Additionally, some creatures have no compunction about attacking their own kind -- this is particularly important for creatures like Wolves, Ogres, Trolls, Big Cats and others that may not have perfect relationships with their own race (Cats and Wolves especially are territorial). Though rare, if spawned with a high enough aggression, they'll not only be more inclined to initiate combat with other factions, but also their own kind.
Finally, some creatures which have been antagonized by a player are more likely to attack other creatures, too.
===== WOUNDING SYSTEM =====
Martigen’s Monster Mod has a wounding system which adds wounding penalties to almost all NPCs and creatures in the game. The wounding penalty impacts Strength, Agility, Athletics, Speed, Fatigue and Attack and Defense bonuses.
Wounded enemies now:
* Attack and swing slower
* Move and run slower
* Inflict less damage
* Take more damage
Wounding penalties are applied in three stages, with each stage getting progressively worse -- an NPC on less than 15% health has his abilities reduced to 20-40% of their original values. Additionally, they physically do less damage regardless of weapon, and are unable to defend themselves as well and so take more damage.
Submission: While the stat penalties are applied at as each wound level is reached, the Fatigue penalty is applied with each hit. The more wounded they are, the more fatigue they lose from your strikes. This means they automatically get to swing less frequently, and do less damage as well -- fights should tire an enemy. And, for the first time, you can actually beat enemies into submission without actually killing them when their fatigue hits zero -- fast, low-damage weapons can now be more effective for stealthy chars, and hand to hand combat allows you to knock enemies out before delivering a killing blow.
Balance: Naturally, this is going to make some fights easier -- and help balance those times when you have hectic spawns, so the MMM team is keen to hear feedback. It's already been quite finely tuned -- different creatures and NPCs receive different levels of penalties, and the penalties don't apply to Bosses (who should be super-tough) or Guards (who are frequently outnumbered as it is).
Additionally, wounding allows you to be more strategic -- there's benefit now in taking out the wounded enemies first. And because wounded enemies deal less damage, you can last longer in fights with large groups. And on that note, how can you tell which enemies are wounded? Glad you asked!
Blood: NPCs and creatures now bleed, which gets progressively worse the more wounded they become. It's quite a sight seeing a blood soaked Guard fighting for his life vs. blood-stained Daedra! MMM’s blood textures are courtesy of dDefinder, and then tweaked for effect, including the creation of new green blood textures and green blood spray for the goblins.
Blood Spurts: When NPCs and creatures reach the highest wound level, they will start to randomly spurt blood.
Staggering: NPCs and creatures now have a chance of staggering or tripping while wounded, whether fighting or running for their lives. The more wounded they are, the greater the chance. Stronger enemies with higher endurance stagger less often. Staggering adds a lot to the game -- and combined with the wounding penalties, you can see things like:
* A fleeing, bloodied, NPC fall and trip over, pick himself up, and continue to run
* A wounded NPC swing and miss in a fight, falling over to then pick himself up again
* A staggering NPC fall to the ground and, while getting up, is dealt a killing blow
* A deer shot by a hunter bleed from the arrow, and tripping over itself when it tries to flee -- like a nature documentary!
Both Wounding and Wounding Effects have been subtly balanced and applied -- Daedra for example won't stagger, but will get weaker and will bleed (except Atronachs, where bleeding wouldn't make sense). Guards can stagger and bleed, but won't get weaker (there's enough complaints about weak guards). Generic NPCs can get weaker, bleed, and stagger … but NPC bosses will only bleed and stagger, and so on. Loving care and an individual touch has been taken in applying this treatment to all of MMM's new creatures and NPCs, as well as to vanilla creatures and NPCs.
No Blood: Don't like it? Load the No Blood plugin.
What are the different versions?
Mart's Monster Mod: Use with vanilla. Includes Adventurers and pretty much everything else! If you are not using another overhaul like OOO, Frans, FCOM then you should be using this.
Durability & Damage: Increases weapon damage by 50%, weapon skill based damage by 50% and armor and weapon durability by 100% to help fights go faster and armor last longer with the default increase in spawns. (Do not use with OOO (FCOM) as it already contains this tweak/plugin.)
Extra Wounding: This plugin—optimized and enhanced by Shadowborn for MMM 3.8—extends the MMM combat/wounding/fatigue system to NPCs / creature's that are not added by MMM (Vanilla NPCs and Creatures, etc., as well as those from other mods). See Wounding Section Above.
Looting NPCs & Creatures: NPCs, Goblins and Ogres will loot the bodies of their fallen prey. Guards are an exception, since you don't want or expect them to be taking your loot (unless you don't mind killing them for it). Looting is about more than just NPCs taking each other's gear -- it is a believable behavior that breathes much more life into the world—if you want what that guy took off the enemy you just killed, you may have to chase him down and fight him for it!
Additional Enemy Npc Variants: This adds over 1300 New Enemy Variants to Game: Marauders, Bandits, Smugglers, Raiders, Reavers, Foresters, and more. Some people may notice some game lag using this plugin under stressful conditions, as the game engine has to generate faces on the fly. See Npc section for details on these Npc Classes.
Mart's Monster Mod - Knights: This ESP plugin corrects compatibility problems between Knights of Nine and MMM. It allows many of MMM’s natural creatures to work well with KO9, and fixes difficulties encountered with the faction changes that take place when wearing the armor. Players must have Knights of The Nine installed. See Knights Section below. Do not use with OOO or FCOM.
Mart's Monster Mod for Frans: A tailored version of MMM’s ESP for use with Francescos, that allows stronger enemies, stronger bosses and more to appear in MMM. Using this, MMM NPCs will default to Frans’ HARDCORE balance model, but customizable loot works everywhere else in the game world; includes Fran's NPCs, chests, house loot, and more. Players using Martigen’s Monster Mod with Francesco’s need to use this instead of Mart’s Monster Mod.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Frans Leveled Quests: Francesco's leveled quests plugin updated for MMM. Requires Francesco’s. NOTE: See the 'Fran's Leveled Quest Update' section above for how to use this.
Mart's Monster Mod for OOO: This release integrates the OOO loot for MMM NPCs, removes MMM guards so OOO guards take priority, and cross-pollinates MMM and OOO factions so like creatures behave correctly (i.e., OOO wolves and MMM wolves belong to the same faction). Players using Martigen’s Monster Mod with Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul need to use this instead of Mart’s Monster Mod.esp. (Not for use with FCOM!)
NOTE: MMM adds increased spawns to the game. It is recommended that you use a slower leveling mod as your combat skills may get more of a workout. Alternatively, take advantage of the new factions and lead one enemy to another and let them fight it out!
Mart’s Monster Mod for OOO – Knights: A tailored version of the MMM Knights plugin for OOO Users.
Mart’s Monster Mod for OOO – Less Reavers In Gates: A tailored version for OOO users who would rather see fewer Reavers inside Oblivion Gates.
Mart’s Monster Mod for OOO – No Reavers In Gates: A tailored version for OOO users which removes all Reavers from inside Oblivion Gates.
Diverse Runeskulls Loot for OOO: Adds Runeskulls to NPCs and vendors via leveled lists. Use this option if you want to find more Runeskulls and you are using MMMforOOO.
Friendlier Factions for OOO: Like it says on the box. Inter-faction fights are less likely to occur for all creatures, except Bandits and Marauders who are mortal enemies. Use this for MMM and OOO.
Resized Races: Diversity in race sizes is expanded, as well as females generally being shorter, and bulkier Nords and Orcs.
Zombie for Body Meshes: Use this if you have problem with Zombies not showing up correctly with body mods installed.
Friendlier Factions for MMM+Fran: Like it says on the box. Inter-faction fights are less likely to occur for all creatures, except Bandits and Marauders who are mortal enemies. Use this for standalone MMM, or MMM and Francesco.
Shivering Isles: Nearly all the features that you are accustomed to experiencing with MMM in Cyrodiil, you will now find in the Shivering Isles. Faction wars are a key element to the Shivering Isles, stemming from the animosity between the Zealots and the Heretics. The creatures of the Isles have adopted the same love/hate mannerisms within their own ranks. Mania creatures will not tolerate Dementia creatures and vice versa. For more in-depth information on MMM for Shivering Isles please see the Section entitled MMM Goes to Shivering Isles.
Gems & Gem Dust – An excellent plugin first built by Martigen, then expanded upon by Bendiwolf, Dewshine and ShadowBorn, combines Gem Dust, Tamriel's Glittering Geology, and Bone Grind into MMM's crafting system. The Gem Dust scripts have been scaled and applied against the gems in Tamriel's Glittering Geology, which you will also now find appearing on some creatures and in gem-based loot level lists. Includes new gem dusts for the new gems, updated by Bendiwolf. Gems included, but not limited to: Rose Garnets, Watermelon Tourmalines, Paraiba Tourmalines, Opals and Black Pearls. This version includes Platinum coins; for those who experience problems with the Platinum Coins, the Ayleid Coin Version is available here. Read more about Gems & Gem Dust here.
Hunting & Crafting: Enables a huge crafting system within MMM to create ammo and armor from the natural resources in the MMM world, in all there are 87 armors and 8 types of ammo. There are in-game books providing some information on the Hunting & Crafting System, and you can read much more here. This plugin adds a small fox hut (The Pelt Farm) located just outside Bruma City Walls, where Oxfoid, a fur merchant, can be found. He is a Light Armor trainer, repairs equipment, and offers some Hunting & Crafting products for sale.
Diverse Imperial Armors: This gives all the Imperial Guardsmen/women much-improved City Guard armors by yakueb, which increases their stats has well (Do not use with OOO as it already contains this tweak.)
Diverse Waterlife: MMM’s answer to the age old question, why all these monsters and no fish? This plugin adds a variety of new fish and ingredients into the game, with very little impact on performance. The diversity in fish includes over 50 new fish (including dangerous types) to streams, rivers, lakes and open water all over Cyrodiil.
Diverse Runeskulls Loot: Adds Runeskulls to NPCs and vendors via leveled lists. Use this option if you want to find more Runeskulls and you’re not using the MMM – Gems & GemDust or MMM for OOO options.
Diverse Runeskulls Loot G&GD: Adds Runeskulls to NPCs and vendors via leveled lists. Use this option if you want to find more Runeskulls and you are also using MMM – Gems and GemDust.
Safer Roads: Reduces spawn encounters along the major roads for safer traveling.
Less Bone Loot: Another request from the official thread, for those who don't use bones for crafting. Reduces generic bone loot on creatures.
Less Rats: Reduces rat spawns.
Less Reavers: Reduces the Reaver spawn amounts.
No <Insert creature name>: Removes the monster in the file name from MMM's lists, for those who don't like fighting them. (Adventurers, Balrogs, Beholdens, Fiends, Giants, Reavers, Skeep, Slimes, Spiders, Uberhulks, Werewolves and Wyvern are the Creatures/NPCs available for removal).
No Blood: Prevents corpses from being extra-bloody.
No Bone Loot: Removes all bone loot, for people who don't use the crafting plugin.
No Carrion Rats: Removes Carrion Rats from spawning at corpses after a few hours. Alternatively, you can load this plugin and alter the percentage chance. Just look for the global variable 'AMMRatPercent'.
No Lanterns: Removes lanterns from the game.
No Undead Rise: Prevents undead from rising after they are killed.
Radiant AI Tweaks: Radiant AI makes two more AI packages available to MMM creatures, to make their behavior a little more lifelike. Like with npc's going to an inn to eat/drink at certain times of the day, creatures in the wild now have to search out food and water too. Can't have the poor little things starving, now can we?
More Wilderness Life: Another community plugin, developed by Dae. More Wilderness Life adds hundreds of new spawn points across Tamriel to help fill the bare, empty areas Bethesda left in the game. This isn't about simply meeting more creatures -- the advanced behavioral AI and inter-faction relationships introduced by MMM results in a thriving, living world around you as you travel (and where you're not always the center of attention), completely changing your experience of Tamriel. Highly recommended! May affect performance.
More Wilderness Life No Gates: Removes all the spawn points that were added to Oblivion gates, for people who were having problems with a more reduced version of More Wilderness Life.
Dungeons of MMM: Contains the Bat Cave showing off a swarm of bats. Once you get past them there is special surprise, a multi-level dungeon designed by Team MMM!
Safer Quest Location : Disable Vanilla spawn points from these locations, to return these quest locations back to the original game intention. (Formerly called Vindasel – to prevent hordes of monsters spawning along with Umbra… she is quite enough to deal with on her own!)
City Defences: All cities except the IC now have Legion archers patrolling the battlements of each city. Based on the Wall Archers concept by gumballthechewy, this has been built from the ground up for MMM using fewer guards so as not to impact performance. It adds external cell as well as internal cell guards, adds pathing points for patrols along the battlements, and gives them special torches and equipment to enhance their effect.
Farm Animals: This plugin adds farm animals via custom spawn points to most town stables, Whitmond Farm, Brina Cross Inn, Brindle Home, Gottshaw Inn, Gwenden Farm, Harlun’s Watch, Lord Drad’s Estate, Pell’s Gate, Roxey Inn, ShardRock, Shetcombe Farm, Skingrad High Pasture, Weye, and Weynon Priory. UL and FCOM compatible.
Slof’s Horses Complete: The features of Slof’s Horses.esp and Extra Horses.esp integrated into an MMM version, which fixes many compatibility problems that existed between the two. Includes factions, inventory items, and much more. See Creature Section for specific details on Slof Horse in MMM. Do not use together with Slof’s original plugins.
For the full MMM experience, the following plugins are highly recommended:
- Damage & Durability
- Diverse Waterlife
- Looting NPCs & Creatures
- More Wilderness Life
Don't forget if you're finding the going tough, especially if you're loading More Wilderness Life, try also:
- Friendlier Factions
- Reduced Spawn Rates
===== SPAWN RATES EXPLAINED =====
Spawn Rate Reduced: Reduced spawn rates for lower-end machines, stealthy characters, or those who prefer less action but want the other features MMM offers. Do not use Safer Roads with this.
Spawn Rate Reduced Reduced: Same as above, but further reduced. Reduces MMM spawns to be more like vanilla, 1-2 encounter's per spawn point. Do not use Safer Roads with this.
Spawn Rate Reduced Vanilla: Created specifically for more diverse one on one battles. Do not use Safer Roads with this.
Spawn Rate Increased: The opposite of Reduced Spawn Rates, this plugin adds a crazy amount of spawns for hardcore trigger happy players.
Spawn Rate Moderate Increased: Slightly higher than default, but not as many as Increased.
The Spawn Rate adjustment esps are configured with a simple formula to determine the amount of spawns to be encountered. The number of spawn points per cell multiplied by the count in the leveledlist for corresponding spawn rate plugin equals the amount of spawns. Examples are based on 2 spawn points in a cell.
MMM Default: 2 – 3 – 4 minimum 4, maximum 8 (based on 2 spawn points)
Increased: 4 – 5 – 6 minimum 8, maximum 12
Moderate: 3 – 4 – 5 minimum 6, maximum 10
Reduced: 1 – 2 – 3 minimum 2, maximum 6
Reduced Reduced: 1 – 2 – 1 minimum 2, maximum 4
Reduced Vanilla: 1 – 1 – 1 minimum 2, maximum 2
As Martigen’s Monster Mod is designed to work both alone and with other mods, like Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul and Francescos, it is important for MMM to be loaded after these to take effect. If you are using MMM with Francescos or OOO , this would be a good load order (note .esm 'master files' always load first regardless):
Francescos main .esm (or Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.esm)
Francescos extra items .esm (if using Frans)
Mart's Monster Mod.esm <=Must always be loaded
(Mart’s Monster Mod for OOO.esm)
Francescos optional plugins .esps or Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
Mart’s Monster Mod or Mart's Monster Mod for Francescos.esp or Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp
Mart's Monster Mod optional plugins .esps
General Load Order for MMM Plugins
Note: FCOM Users see the FCOM Load Order, as it is very different because of how it works.
Generally speaking, you should use the following order:
1) Any MMM plugins which add things, such as Creature Addon, Waterlife, etc., need to load before any spawn rate plugin so the leveled list used by the spawn rate plugin gets updated correctly with these new changes.
2) Plugins Like Looting, Hunting and Crafting, Gems and Gems Dust, Diverse Imperial Armor, etc., need to load after any creature addons so that these changes take effect.
3) Any MMM plugin that removes things like creatures (no rats, less rats, no spider, etc.), should be loaded before spawn rate plugins so those plugins take effect and change the spawn rate leveled list appropriately.
NOTE: Some of these files are not included in the latest version.
Mart's Monster Mod.esp (or MMM for Fran or 000)
(MMM plugins that fix or add new things...)
Mart's Monster Mod – Slof Horse Complete.esp
Mart’s Monster Mod – Farm Animals.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Waterlife.esp
(MMM plugins that change creatures, add new things, or scripts)
Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Imperial Armor.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Resized Races.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Zombies for Body Meshes.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Fran's leveled quests.esp
(Any MMM plugins that remove creatures or change leveled list for things such as rats, bone loot or make special changes. If it says "No" or "Less," it should load before the spawn rate plugins, so that whatever is being lessened or removed is properly changed or removed from the leveled lists.)
Mart's Monster Mod - Less Bone Loot.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Less Rats.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Roads.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Carrion Rats.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Blood.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Giants.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Undead Rise.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Spiders.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Slimes.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Werewolves.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Lanterns.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Adventurers.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - No Wyvern.esp
(Spawn Rate Plugins
Mart's Monster Mod - Spawn Rates Reduced Reduced.esp (or reduced, moderate, increased)
(Miscellaneous: I always load these last)
Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Quest Locations.esp (Formerly Vindasel)
Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp (This only adds new spawn points to the world which use leveled lists from the spawn rate plugin plus any mods that modify spawn lists.)
Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life No Gates.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Friendlier Factions MMM+Fran.esp
Mart's Monster Mod - Friendlier Factions OOO.esp (These two make factions more friendly; they can really be anywhere in the load order.)
Final note: Generally, MMM should always be loaded last in your chain. The main exception is Mighty Magick - this should be loaded after MMM. Other notes:
* If you use Hunters 2.0 or Hunters 2.5, de-select it (included in MMM)
* If you use Creature Continuum, Tag Natural Wildlife, or Creature Alive, de-select it (features of those mods are incorporated into MMM)
* If you use OOO, you do not need Diverse Imperial Armor / Diverse Creature Skins, it is already included.
* If you use Beautiful People, or any other mod based on Elaborate Eyes, do not use the 'Races Resized' optional plugin. Update to either Race Balancing Project or COBL Races for better compatibility.
* If you use onboard sound, the footsteps of nearby creatures may cause stuttering. Use the newest 'Quiet Feet Max' mod, which is compatible with MMM, OOO and others.
===== ADDITIONAL ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOADS =====
Martigen’s Monster Mod – Gems & Gemdust Ayleid Coin version Download
* The Platinum Coin has been changed to an Ayleid Coin courtesy of the gracious _Tarnsman_, thank you!
* Please make sure to install the included resources.
* Replace the Gems & Gemdust.esp with the one included (place the new .esp in the same load order position as the old one).
* Ayleid Coins introduced by Martigen’s Monster Mod – Gems & Gemdust will not stack with Ayleid Coins from another mod such as Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul.
Martigen’s Monster Mod – Curse of the Hircine Download
* For use only with: Werewolves: The Curse of Hircine Mod.
Archery mods that alter bows and that don't properly set the bow range to > 0 (a known bug with Oblivion) will cause a CTD when MMM NPCs draw a bow with '0' range. Two such mods are 'Archers Arrows' and 'Quad Damage for Archers'. It is suggested that you should either use a different archery mod or edit these mods to make sure all bows have a range larger than '0'. Any mod that alters just arrows, adds new bows, or sets vanilla bows with proper ranges will work fine. Please also note that Wryebash has a bashed patch tweak that resolves this problem, if selected prior to bashing your patch.
CTD’s are known to happen with any heavily modded game. Some can play for hours, while others’ games crash within minutes. Some general tips: Make sure that you are not running any program in the background—disconnecting from the internet, turning off firewall and antivirus programs (make sure system is clean), and turning off unnecessary services may all help Oblivion perform much better. Overclocking is not recommended.
Make sure all mods are up to date and all resources for those mods are correctly installed.
To Avoid Issues with Other Mods, Wyre Bash is highly recommended.
MMM is an overhaul, so it makes many changes to factions, some vanilla npcs, enemy npc’s, creatures, and leveled lists. In order to successfully use other mods that affect the same areas, Wrye bash is recommended.
Some creature mods work better than others with MMM. Creature mods that you should avoid in particular are Natural Wildlife, and Creatures Alive, as many of their features have been integrated. In general, it is best to avoid using other creature mods, unless an MMM patch is available for them.
Race mods -
Martigen’s Monster Mod
===== VERSION HISTORY =====
The version history for Martigen’s—covering over five years of development in minute detail—has grown and matured into a huge beast all on its own! With version 3.8, we humbly recognize it as a unique monster species worthy of a page in its own right.
Thanks go to CorePC for faithfully maintaining the unbroken chain of changes—for without knowing where we’ve been, we’d have no idea how we got here … or where to go next.
3.8 Release (July 2012)
- H&C Update - Includes adding static deer horns as decoration and general cleanup inside of Pelt Farm.
- Mummies - StarX's mummies added
- Undead Elven Npcs Expanded: Expanded the Undead Elven Ranks, Inventory Adjustment, Cobl Tweaks - MMM only. (MMMforOOO/FCOM will not have this feature)
New - Diverse Wisp and VASE Addon - remove VASE from your load order and use this instead.
VASE is merged and all its content is added. CorePC redesigned the leveled list so now there will be "Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Wisp and VASE Addon.esp" that will add WISPs and VASEs into the game. This new add-on plugin is Bash mergeable.
Tons of fixes as usual since last update
UOP 3.3.4 fixes included where needed.
Updated MMM Knights, MMMforOOO Knights, etc.
MMMForOOO/FCOM - Goblin's will now Drop OOO Shields Only, MMM Shields should no longer show up on them
MMMforOOO/FCOM - Spriggans should now correctly make it rain on death. (Please note that you may still need an MMM patch if using some weather mods.)
BSA resources optimized for better performance
BSA directory structure streamlined for use with the latest versions of OOO, Frans, and FCOM
Massive overhaul by haama - Full overhaul of Creatures and NPC inventory items.
Changed the entire system and MMM so Cobl no longer directly edits Creatures or NPCs. This means MMM-Cobl no longer can override MMM's factions. It should be safe for all future updates, and item placement is now in the hands of the MMM team. Also greatly expands the number of Creatures and NPCs that now have Tamrielic Ingredients. This, as well as updating MMM so more of its Creatures have TI ingredients, has taken the bulk of the time.
Updated the Coblizer:
- More items are switched from the MMM version to the Cobl version.
- Now handles Ayleid coins, Guar and Boar hides, most Gem Dusts - Diamond, Emerald, Gold, Pearl, Ruby, Sapphire, Silver, Topaz.
You shouldn't need the constant Coblizer quest any longer. Before you would find the MMM version of an item (on a body, etc.) and then the quest would switch it to the Cobl version. Now you should just find the Cobl version. This change means you should only have to run the quest once - to change the MMM items to Cobl when you first install it.
Of course, if another plugin adds the MMM version you'll get the MMM version. I've set up the MMM esm and esp, Gems and Gem Dust and Hunting and Crafting so you receive the Cobl version. I have no control or knowledge about other plugins - so let me know!
Hides - If you're using the Hunting and Crafting plugin, you should be able to use all of the Cobl hides for it.
Native ingredients - MMM makes some ingredients native, so you'll find them at more Alchemists. These include: Gargoyle Horn, Guar Hide, Durzog meat and Werewolf Blood.
New drops - Many more creatures and NPCs now have TI loot:
- Some of these were simple switch outs - switched the MMM version of an item for Cobl's version.
- Some had new pieces and parts added, i.e.Trolls now drop their Blood as well as their Fat.
- For variety's sake, some of them always drop an item while others drop 0-2 or more.
- The latter was mainly so you can have a chance to get multiple parts (Blood and Fat), but keep an average of 1 item.
- Some had a number of items added.
- Moonsugar - technically this should be under pieces/parts because Khajiit are made of Moon Sugar.
- As pieces and parts - a Mud golem can drop anything you'd find in a clump of dirt (think of sifting for gold).
- As items they would carry - Smugglers would carry (..drum roll..) ILLEGAL STUFF!!! (..snare crash..).
- Some were expanded lists - Added TI ingredients to the list of items a Conjurer would carry around.
- For various reasons, I tried to match the vanilla lists in terms of how many items to the list and how they level.
- This led to a few questionable items - i.e. Heart of Palm on the Mythic list, Resin on the Oblivion list.
- Conjurer - Sacrifices to the gods: Meats, Sweets, rare Creature parts (i.e., Ash Salts), Gems, Minerals.
- Mythic - i.e. Nymph Hair. I had to fluff out this list, so I added flora that might have been in ancient Cyrodiil.
- Necromancer - Poisons, Undead parts (i.e., Lich Dust), Tomb list.
- Oblivion - Went with the fire theme of Oblivion, so these include Sulfur, Saltpeter, Resin (ehh), and Daedra Skin.
- Tomb - Lichen (moss), Wraith Essence, Bloat (because it's found all over Morrowind tombs).
- Vampire - Bloods, Mushrooms (underground), grave stuff - dust and flora.
- Balliwog - added Raw Balliwog Legs.
- Bear - switched out MMM's version of Meat for Cobl's.
- Boar - switched out MMM's version of Hide for Cobl's.
- Conjurers and Blood Moon Clan - Daedra Masters have Conjurer lists, others have Conjurer and Necromancer lists. Some have more ingredients than others. I simply followed the original MMM placements here - I never did look into the reasoning.
- Daedra - added Daedra Skin, chance to get Skin and/or Heart. Includes Xivilai, Daedroth, Morphoid, Golden Saint, Herne, Clannfear, Blood Moon Warrior.
- Dremora Mages - added Oblivion list. Those with higher Alchemy have more ingredients and a higher chance to drop ingredients.
- Durzog - switched out MMM's version of Meat for Cobl's.
- Dwemer spider - switched out MMM version of Dwemer Scrap for Cobl's.
- Gargoyle - switched out MMM's version of Horn for Cobl's.
- Giant - added Giant's Blood, chance to get Blood and/or Heart.
- Golem drop overhaul.
- Amber - added Resin.
- Ebony - added Ebony.
- Flesh - added Tomb list (Have you ever managed to raise the dead without some Grave Dust on it??? I didn't think so!).
- Glass - added Glass.
- Iron - added Iron.
- Mud - added things you would find in a clump of Dirt - basic chemicals (i.e., Arsenic), small Gems and Minerals.
- Magma - added Charcoal.
- Rock - added Minerals - chance to get Tin or Copper or Lead, etc.
- Water - added Pure Water.
- Guar - switched out MMM's version of Meats and Hides for Cobl's.
- Haunted Head - added Tomb list.
- Horse - switched out MMM's version of Meat for Cobl's.
- Khajiit - added Moon Sugar.
- Lich - added Lich Dust, chance to get Bonemeal or Lich Dust.
- Necromancer - added Necromanceer list.
- Slaughterfish - added Slaughterfish Filet, chance to get Scales and/or Filets.
- Smuggler - added Illegal items - Moon Sugar, Royal/Mined Ores like Ebony, Dwemer Scrap, etc.
- Spriggan - added Heartwood and Belladonna, chance to get Taproot or Heartwood or Belladonna.
- Tree people - added Mythic list. Includes Ent, Spider Dryads, Spriggan, Striders, Tree Sprites.
- Trolls - added Troll's Blood, chance to get Fat or Blood.
- Undead Legion Berserker - added Tomb list.
- Vampires (with some Alchemy) - added Vampire list. Those with higher Alchemy have more ingredients and a higher chance to drop ingredients.
- Werewolf - added Werewolf Blood.
- Wolves - switched out MMM's version of Meat for Cobl's.
- Wraith - added Grave Dust and Wraith Essence, chance to get Ectoplasm or Grave Dust or Wraith Essence
- Zombie and Npc Zombie - Moldy Food Items.
Don't worry if you do not use COBL, you will still get something extra - it will be normal vanilla or MMM items added to many of same creatures above which are standard. Once Cobl is added, the items get replaced with Cobl ones in leveled lists.
Sit back in your chair, kick off your shoes, and journey back in time with us now…
Phew, long list of changes for this version.. So be prepared to read awhile.
BSA Format now Standard for MMM.
BSA - Fixes - Optimized Textures with Mip Maps added, Rusty Shield fixed
Fixes for Compatibility so that MMM does not overwrite OOO meshes and textures for Creatures, and other mods.
Found a few Npcs that where marked with ‘no low level processing’ but were added to wilderness leveled list—which was causing random CTD’s in game when these leveled lists were used.
Fixed some oblivion gate leveled lists, so that script was attached… CTD as well.
General Fixes for All Versions
More UOP fixes and USIP fixes applied, too many to list
Tweaks to Daedra leveled list, for no high level spawning of dremora at low player levels
New Changes to Undead lairs; Reavers will no longer be found in Undead Lairs where Liches are present.
Creature and Item Additions
RuneSkulls and Diverse Haunted Heads - The Haunted Heads have been expanded to include new types, which are Runeskulls themselves.
Diverse Wisp - Almost 300 new Will O Wisp can now be found in MMM.
Slof Horse and Extra Horses - Added over 300 new Slof horses to game.
Undead expanded to include new types that wear helmets
New Lesser Hill Giants – leveled list updated across all versions as needed.
MMMforSI Merged - MMMforSI Plugin now only contains leveled list changes. You will still get MMM changes without using this plugin (MMMforSI was merged for compatibility reasons).
Wild horses from Slof Horses Complete. Vanilla changes kept separate.
Runeskulls and Diverse Haunted Heads
H&C and Foxes Merged into One
Farm Animals merged
Adjust Min/Max level on Goblins to reflect those from Frans itself
Fixed some Npcs that where using wrong Skeleton type
Misc leveled list fixes for new additions
This is an Unofficial MMMforOOO by CorePc; Dev_Akm has not approved or checked over all the changes, so use at your own risk. OOO Beta 1.34beta5 is required. Most of the changes were made to integrate 3.7 features: the new undead additions, wild horses, durzog, lesser hill giants, bat fixes, and much more. UOP fixes, too many to list, as both me and Dev_Akm swapped it back and forth.
Spawn Rate Plugins
All Spawn Rate plugins checked or revamped for 3.7b3, to include changes for Diverse Wisp, Durzog, Wild Horses etc.
Moderate and Increased Spawn Rates plugins now work differently - they are more balanced now with MMM default Spawn Rate itself, as using these plugins would lead to you becoming too wealthy in the long run. I adjusted the count on most of the list to reflect default spawn rate, with addition of new entries as well that cover the Increased counts.. You will still have large groups using these plugins, just not as large anymore.
Reduced - Adjusted Nearly all count's on leveledlist to be 1-2-3 now..
Reduced Reduced - All Count 1-2-1 now..No More Spawing in 3..
Reduced Vanilla - 1-1-2%
NO XXX plugins -
Update No Beholdens to use new method for Boss Types; update No Wyvern to not spawn Beholden; instead will spawn Clannfear; removed golden saint that was spawning at lvl 1 with clannfear runt. Checked all other and verified that they work properly when used together… or across MMM configs.
Hunting and Crafting -
Now includes foxes.esp itself - This means that you no longer have to craft items to get H&C stuff. You can visit the shack outside of Bruma and purchase your stuff if you like. Armor stats have been adjusted to be slightly better than vanilla for some types.
Gems and Gems Dust - Updated some gem leveled lists.
City Defences - Plugins updated to last version, new meshes for some wall segments in Anvil and Skingrad that help stop them from falling has much. All fixes from B1 version kept as well.
MMM Knights Plugin - Updated MMMforOOO version, added NDPredatorFaction so that plugin would work better with both OOO and MMM natural creatures.
MMM Vindasel - renamed to MMM Safer Quest Locations - Includes Vindasel changes and GreyLand. Disable and move vanilla spawnpoints, and make these locations follow more closely to how the game intended them to be. More Locations to be added later.
MMM More Wilderness life - update - removed a few spawn points, Skingrad in particular.
All Other plugins checked and version number updated has Needed.
Many more fixes that I may have forgotten to list
* This was a unreleased version that was only tested by the Alpha Team and select few. All Details of this can be found above.
Updates & Fixes
* First, We spent months checking over everything and made a lot of fixes, some that may not be listed. But all of it was MMM related, and A LOT OF IT WAS CHECKING Compatibility with MMM itself, MMMForFrans, MMMforOOO, FCOM, so there could be better integration in some areas. See Credits.
* Major Change - Diverse Creatures Skins has been merged into MMM.esm, now rendering this .esp unnecessary. Remove Diverse Creature Skins.esp from your load list and rebuild your bashed patch.
* Make MMM Knights of Nine fully compatible, details are listed below.
* MMM Frans - fixed goblins that were missing green blood, and fixed leveled quest issue of incorrect combat package setting. (Weird problem that was a formid error itself).
* Fixed various issues with new creatures not showing up correctly in spawn rate plugins, mostly making sure that all new additions were being added correctly to leveled list for Frans, OOO, and FCOM. If upgrading, you will need to wait x amount of days for changes to take effect. Wrye Bash is highly recommended for use with these mods.
* Additional Enemy Variants updated once more to include some missing wild hounds and reaver hounds.
* All these plugins have been updated to work with MMMforSi (No Spider, No Wyvern, No Slimes, etc.)
* New Vindasel Plugin - instead of deleting the leveled list, I moved them below ground out of sight and disabled them, and used same leveled list that I used before.
New & Sexy
Durzog by Mr.Siika
Durzog from Morrowind lore, these creatures are fierce and reptilian like, in Tribunal they were found alongside goblins. As of late they have started reappearing in Cyrodiil, out in the wild or where goblins can be found.
the Durzog family (textures by Corepc and Jdfan ) (normal by Jdfan)
Durzog are added to challenge leveled list which are random wilderness encounter and goblin leveled list … but not to Clan Goblin which are hand-placed ..we will work on a solution for adding Durzog to Clan Goblin in the future.
3.6beta4 List of Fixes were merged into 3.7b1 (not released independently)
New Creatures Added merged from Beta3 Addon's. You no longer need these ESPs: (boar addon, spider addon, fatbelly, wildhounds, etc). All merged into Beta4.
New spiders and tarantulas by Malo, Elveon, Alienslof, Mikal33
14 in all - these are much faster and more deadly than their normal MMM counterparts that you are used to fighting, beware some can be hard to see in the grass.. (They only move one direction forward also, so they will circle you if they have too)
AlienSlof Dogs aka Wild Hounds in MMM - They can either be found helping you out in battle against wolves, lions, etc, so they are friendly, or they can be found following Rangers.
Fat Belly Minotaur Model and Textures by Corepc
MrSilkka Farm Animals, Textures by Corepc
New Boars by Corepc
New Ancient Transparent Golem by Conan Lon
New Imp Textures
New Black Widow Texture
Idle Animation Fixes
I finally got around and Added Idle Animation Procedure to All Creatures that were missing this information. This includes a random % chance of performing these various activities... We have been missing these for a very long time now.
balrog - slack, stamp, scratch, drool
fiends - look and clench fist
Skeep - scratch and sniff
uberhulk - scan, roar, dig
Firedemon - scan, land
fleshGolem - sniff, cowl
Hillgiant - sniff, cowl
LichKing - look
SwampStalker - gaze praise
ThornElemental - clench and look
There were no files for idle animations for uberlarva, slimes, beholdens, swarm, so they do not have any special animations. Wyverns did not attach idle animation since they were originally mounts.
Farm Animals - they have sleep idle animation (thanks to Sarkandar and MrSiika of NpcwithJobs Team for making them) so they will randomly sleep on their sides (cows,pigs,calf,ox,etc) or perched (rooster,hen,chicken), etc..
Fixes/Tweaks to Creatures
Reaver Hound(BloodHound) has correct faction assigned to it now
Hill Giant - I lowered their Int so that they would No longer enter through doors, the script still could change this so, for now this is just a test to see how they will react to it. and I changed the variable in cshillgiant script so that they would not scale in size larger than x amount in size..Hoping this fixes the problem with items attaching to right hand side of body on their feet..
Tweak of City Defences guard script's
1) Redone all Guard Placement..There is now only One Guard Per Segement if on very long wall run..I cut the path in half so they would not cross the path..this fixes them running into each other and causes them to fall off in most cases..
2) I have redone all the hand placed archer's, with those that come from leveledlist to improve performance
3) Having them in Leveledlist fixes problem of them in case they fall off and do not die, they will now die after x amount of days and respawn back on the walls (hopefully)
4) Fixed any remaining Pathgrid that needed to be turned from Red to Blue so that AI would follow them instead of falling off Wall (Chorrol) all other Towns checked and Pathgrid are blue has needed
5) Tweaked Aipackage so that they would not wander so far away from their path above..
6) There still may be cases of them falling of the wall. As this is an issue with how the game load objects, this is hard to fix I am trying to get a timer script to work that will disable them until everything is rendered and then enabled.
Spawn Rate Plugins and No Whatever Plugins
Checked all spawn rate plugin's and adjusted has needed for new addition's of creatures from above. So Okay Here
Checked No Spider's plugin that working correctly with and without bash (load has last no whatever plugin correctly and merged)
Checked all other no whatever to make sure work correctly under MMM. FCOM will need own patch?
Hunting and Crafting Update - would MMM update would not be complete without a update once again..This time..
We decided to make both ayelid coins and plantinum coins avialable in the same game..We have balanced out the chances also of finding them..
End of 3.6beta4 Fixes
Updates & Fixes
-All Beta 2 Changes and Fixes and Blood Fixes integrated
-Balrog and Lesser Balrogs rebalance
-Uberhulk Queen rebalance
-Numerous guard fixes from UOP3
-UOP Fixes as needed and Guard stats that were incorrect and add correct items that were missing from them. There were a few that did not have a Town shield assigned to them. A few stats had their blade super low (was 6 now 54 or 56).
-NPC skeleton fixes
-Undead Legion Berserker was misspelled "Beserker"
-One Highwayman carrying a sword had Blunt skill instead of Blade
-Faction tweak for Bandits, Marauders, Necromancers, and Conjurers to address issue of them smiling at you while they kill you...LOL...
-Nearly ALL Goblin now have green blood assigned to them across all versions (MMM, MMMforFRans, MMMforOOO)
-Fixed NPCs that were assigned the wrong skeleton (all esm/esp/aev.esp checked)
-Added female Shivering Zombie to undeadboss list and added female armor .nif that were missing as needed.
-Fixed Many Numerous Names that where incorrect (Countess's Bodyguard)
-Changed size of rabbits to be larger (was .60 now .80, if this does not work then nif will have be scaled)
-Created 4 new bats with diseases and added to AMMBatslvl list.
-Changed faction on Foxes from Wolves to ImperialRanger Faction - Legion will not attack them, but they are almost prey now. May help you in a fight also.
Spawn Rate Plugins
-Checked All Spawn Rates Plugin and adjusted as needed for new bats that were added..
City Defence Update
-Changed Wall Archer Class so that changes made by UOP would not lower their marksman class. Archers prefer to use Bows over blade / or blunt weapon even when in melee combat.
-New Gray Fox texture to replace dark orange fox
-Bats, Rabbits - to remove shine and increase detail
-Blood Textures and Goblin eye and heart updated to work across small, medium, large video settings (normal,bloom,hdr tested)
-Foxes Addon - Lilith Added Foxes spawning outside Fox Hut in Bruma now, and finished Interior Cell that has merchant that sells basic H&C goods.
-No Changes to H&C for Once!!! Could this be the last one..!!!
Updates & Fixes
- Three new .esps to remove Balrogs, Skeeps and Uberhulks from the game.
- New list placements for the Uberhulks
- Balance fixes for Kvatch
- Adjusted factions for bandits, marauders, necromancers, and conjurers to dislike the player even more than before. This should help to avoid problems where a bandit charges off to fight a mudcrab instead of the player.
- Latest fixes, adjustments and improvements by dev_akm
Updates & Fixes
- Tones down the Berserker Ogre color some people experienced. (Thank you showler)
- Reduces the loudness of the Wyvern on cell load (Thank you showler)
- Adds an icon for the Imperial Chainmail Cuirass worn by the Road Watchpeople.
- Switched the Reaver weapon icons that were inadvertently swapped.
- Added factions to the Juicy Imp (non-used creature) for compatibility with Midas Magic Creature Spell.
- Fixes a minor mishap with Werewolf mesh & textures
MMM for Frans
- Fixed the Necromancer HighElf 2 skeleton from skeletonbeast.nif to skeleton.nif
- Fixed the Necromancer MaleBreton4 from Argonian to Breton
MMM for OOO
- Latest fixes and improvements by dev_akm.
Updates & Fixes
- Updated MMMforOOO esm/esp to fix leveledlist item problems, updates by dev_akm
Updates & Fixes
- All esm/esp were updated, MMM.esm, MMM.esp, MMMforFrans and MMMforOOO
- Contains all updates from 3.5.3, 3.5.4, 3.5.5b3, 3.5.5b2, 3.5.5b1
- Major Overhaul to all leveledlist for creatures as needed in order to make all spawn rate plugins work better across the different versions.
- All spawn rate plugins were verified for accuracy.
- Updated Additional Enemy Variants; changed two Khajiit Smugglers to a different race to fix the problem of entering highwayman mode sometimes.
- Updates to H&C for both Vanilla and Exnems (Body Mod) version. Fixed some remaining problems which could have caused crashing, the H&C Plugin is now the same for both versions of H&C (Vanilla and Body Mods).
Updates & Fixes
- MMM Bandit Bosses and Marauder Bosses from Additional Enemy Variants have been pushed in the main esm to resolve conflicts with MMMforFrans and FCOM. MMM Bosses will appear more often.
- Adjusted personality of MMM Bandit Hedge Wizard (to correct non-aggressive behavior towards players with high disposition).
- Fixed miscellaneous script bug with GiantGrowth which was incorrectly set to magic effect instead of object.
- Cleaned up MMM Additional Enemy Variants to remove excess data.
- Fixed leveledlist problem with No “whatever” plugin in MMMforFrans.
- Fixed a few hair types which were incorrect when using with TNR or TIE
- Fixed a script in MMM City Defences to stop the Guards from evaluating their packages which caused non-combative behavior.
- Updated Gems & Gemdust; bone grind is now dependent upon players alchemy skill level.
- Updated More Wilderness Life plugin; both versions, normal and no gates. A lot of changes; fixed spawn points, raised/lowered, re-pointed, bad spawn points moved, bad references removed, etc.
- Checked all Spawn Rate plugins as needed across aoll versions (MMM, MMMforFrans, MMMforOOO and FCOM). Fixed any problems as needed in addition to those noted above for MMMforFrans.
New & Sexy
- New Additional Enemy Variants by ArgoChris; well over 1200 NPC’s are now added by this plugin. Extended variants of Reavers, Adventurers, Rangers, Foresters, Raider Warlords, Raiders, Necromancers and much, much more.
Updates & Fixes
- MMMforOOO requires OOO 1.33 or later version and MMMforOOO.esm (new required master). OOO.esm, MMM.esm and MMMforOOO.esm are all required.
- MMMforFCOM will be dropped from main package (all FCOM users should now be using FCOM_Convergence instead).
- MMM - Curse of Hircine will be dropped from main package and is a separate download. (Plugin will cause crashes without the mod, Curse of Hircine, installed).
- Due to an oversight during script optimization, vanilla scripts that were modified by MMM (including Hircine Quest, GuardScripts, GoblinScripts, etc) were removed from MMM.esp, MMMforFrans, MMMforOOO and FCOM. The scripts have been added back in to restore compatibility with other mods that also modify these vanilla scripts. Any other mod that uses MMM scripts should now be using the ones from the esm.
- Fixed script for MMM Scaling and Hitbox problem where certain creatures, NPCs, etc. were scaled too large and when aiming at the head the damage would not be recognized by the game.
- Fixed more recursive leveledlist which could have caused crashing with MWL, AEV and a few of the No “whatever” plugins. Thank you dev_akm!
- Additional Enemy Variants; removed NPC’s from master.esm which were being changed.
- Updated Friendly faction for OOO+FCOM for OOO version 1.33
- Fixed Fox aipackage to hunt rabbit correctly. Thank you dev_akm for pointing this out.
- Foxes have been resized to be smaller than wolf types. Each fox is a different size with Red and Brown Foxes being the largest and Orange types being the smallest.
- Rabbit aggression has been lowered to prevent attacks on players.
- Fixed misspelled names (Khajiit)
- TNR compatibility has been verified to latest version of TNR and/or TIE (in Bash Config) to resolve any random problem with Vanilla races not being assigned correctly or having incorrect race body type.
- Changed Adventurers personality to decrease chances of them attacking each other after clearing out a room.
- Smuggler Khajiit fix in Additional Enemy Variants; changed race of Khajiit Smugglers into Argonians to prevent them going into highwayman mode.
- Greatly reduced the chances of Reavers spawning in Oblivion Gates:
- To fix compatibility problem with MMMforOOO, FCOM and high level creatures not spawning correctly.
- To help prevent Reaver’s taking out (or almost taking out) whole mobs of other MMM creatures thereby ruining the fun.
- To increase the chance of running into more Classic MMM high level types.
- Reavers now only travel in packs of 2, 3 or 4 (all spawn rates adjusted as needed).
- Giants have been moved into LKOWildernessChallenge leveledlist. They will now appear less often, but will spawn at correct levels and will also greatly increase the chances of running into more Classic MMM type creatures.
- Spawn Rate Plugin adjustments for new Reaver and Giant leveledlist changes.
- New No “whatever” spawn plugins by dev_akm, such as the No Slimes plugin. Instead of the creature being removed it is replaced with a creature of a different type. This also resolves any compatibility problem these had with each other (i.e. no laterns, no beholdens, no giants, no werewolves, no wyvern, no slimes).
- Updated Reavers in Spawn Rate Reduced Reduced to have a count of no more than 2; it is now 1-2-1.
- Updated Extra Wounding to prohibit the new wounding from being applied to Carrion Rats.
- Updated Looting Plugin by extending looting to csnpctough script; this allows barbarians, Bloodmoon Necromancers, Shamans, etc to loot as well.
- More Wilderness Life - removed recursive leveled lists.
- Bats Addon plugin name has now changed to Dungeons of MMM. It has been expanded to include an entrance and an exit; an undead level, Daedra level and can be considered a testing ground for MMM.
- New Additional Enemy Variants by ArgoChris now adds a total of 774 New NPCs in all. New NPCs that use all types of weapons and a new class (new Raiders, Amazons, Black Bow Ringleaders, Cutthroats, Berserkers and more).
- Updated City Defences combat behavior, also fixed the attack distance.
- Updated Hunting & Crafting:
- Fixed invisibility problem with female White Quilted Robe.
- Reworked Crafting Guides; there are now Volumes I and II. Volume I contains only information on what type of items can be used. Volume II explains the crafting system.
- Changed value of Crafting Guides to zero and set the crafting tester barrel to respawn.
- Increased the chance of finding Metal Nuggets, also added the chance to find Metal Objects such as Plates, Urns, Goblets and Tankards in random containers. Increased chances were done by adding them to new leveledlists.
- All vanilla Quills have been turned into feathers, due to the extensive use in loot lists that was not changed.
- Updated Gems & Gem Dust:
- Restored Shift+Click dropping functionality by replacing bone grind scripts which were removed (also adds back the ability to not grind if bone is clicked on accidentally).
- Removed script from Platinum Bar; it is now consistent with all other bars (in accordance to user wishes).
Updates & Fixes
- Contains all fixes from version 3.1 through 3.2, 3.3 (unreleased), 3.5 and 3.5.3 MMM 3.5.3 is a major overhaul of all MMM scripts and more. All versions have been updated to this point and include everything that is listed below. It affects all users.
- All MMM scripts have been redesigned from the core and rebuilt to use new wounding/fatigue/fleeing system and more. This is a major step forward and adds uniqueness to all NPCs and creatures. They all react differently in combat situations; you’ll never know what they are going to do. Some work in packs, some sneak up on you, some think in advance, some are outright dangerous, some are fast, some are slow, etc. Wounding system dealing with blood was tweaked to be not so bloody, it is much cleaner now.
- Updated MMMforFrans with new 3.5.3 changes and script optimization.
- Updated MMMforOOO version from dev_akm. This is the same one which requires OOO 1.32 RC5 that comes with FCOM 8.9 or higher download. Make sure you have OOO 1.32 RC5 installed.
- Updated for TNR compatibility. With TNR Final there were some NPCs in MMM that had the incorrect race and bad body assignment and was causing problems. All MMM, Frans, OOO, FCOM versions have been checked and updated as needed. All 3.5 version were affected by this bug (reported in FCOM thread).
- New Faction for Reavers (zMMMReavers). It is an exclusive faction for Reavers only.
- All Reaver armor has been adjusted to Elven stats to correspond with MMMforOOO and FCOM.
- Fixed faction conflicts caused by Additional Enemy Variants (new faction removed and new NPCs changed back to Marauder faction).
- Spiders now have their own leveledlists.
- All Spawn Rate and No “whatever” plugins have been checked and verified for changes and updates.
- Fixed missing creatures from some of the spawn rate plugins.
- As part of the new spiders leveledlist the spawn rates have been reworked and verified (all versions MMM, MMMforFrans, MMMforOOO and FCOM). The new level list ensures a conflict free No Spider plugin. Thanks dev_akm for making these changes.
- High Level Daedra no longer appear at very low levels which had caused problems with completing certain things. (Just too hard to kill a Clannfear or Flame Atronach at level 1 - Re-leveled these nasties and fixed spawn rate plugins.
- Added Rabbits to llOdeer100m leveledlist to increase the chances of finding them.
- Bats will now appear more often at level 6, 12, 18 and in certain cells where imps are found.
- Adjusted Slime rates in all plugins. (MMM default 1-2-3, Increased 1-2-3-4, Reduced 1-2-2, Reduced Reduced 1-2)
- Fixed Random Argonian Bard which was showing up in level list from Additional Enemy Variants plugin.
- Adjusted the Wyvern distance sound lower (lowered to 750). When hearing them now, they will be even closer to you, but less distance to cover in looking for them (unless they find you first).
- Fixed Fox Hut to have correct fox rug mesh and nif, also added a few Rabbits outside the hut. Removed leveledlists which were being duplicated.
- Fixed Bats add-on to pull correct bat leveledlist changes (from esm instead of duplicating or changing them).
- Updated the four new colorful Mud crabs to be a lot more aggressive (beware of the red one).
- Updated Gems and Gem Dust (Bendiwolf)
- Removed “you can not crush this” message from the bars and gem shards.
- Removed “yes/no” prompt from the bone-grind script.
- Added script to change Platinum bars to coins.
- Updated Diverse Creature Skins to fix Ranger Wolf problem.
- Updated Additional Enemy Variants to use new 3.5.3 scripts
- Updated all No “whatever” plugins and verified in game.
- Updated Archers combat package in City Defences hopefully this fixes the resist arrest problem (When resisting arrest they will open fire on you and not just stand there doing nothing). Archers are still deadly at long range and prefer ranged weapons.
- Fixed Goblin Assassin damage bug.
- Fixed Ghostly Apparition fatigue bug.
New & Sexy
- Mart’s Monster Mod - Curse of Hircine (new plugin) integrates MMM and Curse of Hircine in the following fashion:
- Needs Curse of Hircine Mod installed in order to work.
- Adds CoH’s Werewolf disease to MMM Werewolves.
- Adds CoH’s Werewolf script to MMM Werewolves.
- Adds MMM size, speed and stat scaling to CoH Werewolves.
- Adds Werewolf Fur and bone loot to CoH Werewolves.
- Adds MMM’s ‘Werewolf Resistances’ to CoH’s Werewolves, which includes:
- Resist Disease
- Resist Frost
- Resist Normal Weapons
- Resist Poison
- Added a new Lesser Gargoyle. The Lesser Gargoyle will be found at level 7 and above. They do not have the full stats of the adult Gargoyle; no shield spell, half the stats, but still a nasty little creature. This will help players become accustomed to battling th