About This File
- new food, soups and hot soups recipes,
- home made skooma (fortifies stamina by 100 points and provokes a drugged effect that affects the player's vision for 3 (real time) minutes; decreases stamina regeneration by 100 % during 30 (real time) minutes),
- fur armours cuirass, shoes, gauntlets and helmet crafting at the tanning rack using wolf pelts and leather strips,
- tempering fur armours requires wolf pelts instead of leather,
- Skaal coat, boots, gauntlets and hat crafting at the tanning rack (on Solstheim only, in the Skaal Village) using bear pelts and leather strips,
- Skaal coat, boots, gauntlets and hat tempering using bear and wolf pelts,,
- Skaal boots, gauntlets and hat fortify health by 5 points and increase frost resistance by 5% (can be enchanted),
- Skaal coat fortifies health by 15 points and increases frost resistance by 15% (can be enchanted),
- the Wolf Armour, Boots and Gauntlets are now "warm",
- the Wold Helmet is now "cold" as it is made of steel only,
- running drains stamina by 3 points/second,
- sprinting drains stamina by 7 points/second,
- running, fortifies health by 5 points and increases frost resistance by 5 % (only if the player is in cold regions or cold weather),
- sprinting fortifies health by 10 points and increases frost resistance by 10 % (only if the player is in cold regions or cold weather),
- in combat situations, running and sprinting fortify stamina regeneration by 100 %,
- you'll find very few food inside barrels and sacks; inn keepers will provide more food to buy.
How to install this mod
- launch the game and go to "Creation Club",
- buy "Survival Mode" and download it,
- once installed let the game rebuild your data files,
- download the archive here and extract its content to the "Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data" directory,
- go to "Mods", and enable CC_SurvivalMode_Custom.esp,
- let the game rebuild your Data files again,
- load your current save or start a new game,
- enable the Survival Mode.
How to install the updated versions of this mod
For the updates to fully work, you must enable this mod before enabling the Survival Mode. To do so:
- launch the game, go to "Mods", install the update and then disable this mod,
- load your current save (click on "Yes" in the dialogue box that will pop up),
- go to "Settings/Gameplay" and disable the Survival Mode,
- save your game and quit to the main menu,
- go to "Mods" and enable this mod,
- load the save you made at step 4,
- enable the Survival Mode.
You'll have to repeat this procedure for all the characters you created that are using this mode.
This mod will not load if you do not own the Survival Mode. If you own the Survival Mode but you haven't enabled it, this mod will also be of no use to you either; it will load but it's content will not be available.
Survival Mode: Additions is meant to add things to the Survival Mode, not to modify its mechanics. The only things belonging to the Survival Mode that were modified are
- adding "warm" keywords to the Wolf armour, gauntlets and boots,
- adding the "cold" keyword to the Wolf helmet,
that were apparently overlooked.
Otherwise, this mod actually modifies content belonging to the core game; these modifications consisting in:
- adding keywords to the set of fur armour so that you can craft them in the "Hide" category at the tanning rack,
- rectifying the protection rates of the smaller fur cuirasses so that they do not protect as well as the full ones,
- modifying the main "food" levelled lists so that they no longer offer an insane quantity of food,
- fixing the health regeneration magic effect so that it affects the player's health instead of the heal rate.
The vanilla food lists I've modified are the following:
Thank you for using my modest mod!
Great many thanks to Bethesda Game Studios for this marvellous game!