About This File
My Own Alternate Start
for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition
Use only one alternate start.
Do not use with other mods that modify the following quests:
- MQ101 "Unbound",
- MQ102 "Before the Storm",
- CW03 "Message to Whiterun".
Do not use with other mods that modify the following cells:
- Wilderness 6, -29,
- Wilderness 4, -20,
- Wilderness 42, 9,
- Wilderness 51, -28,
- Wilderness -41, 24,
- Wilderness -13, -25.
This mod, as its name suggests, is an alternate start. You will be able to start the game on five different places, at the border of Skyrim:
- from Cyrodiil,
- from Hammerfell,
- from High Rock,
- from Morrowind (South and North).
- Hadvar has been moved to Castle Dour, near General Tullius,
- Ralof has been moved to the Palace of the Kings in Windhelm, near Ulfric Stormcloak.
Starting the main and civil war quest lines:
- Your player will not witness the attack on Helgen but starting the main quest line and the civil war will always be possible.
- If you haven't visited Helgen yet, you'll have to bribe the guard so that he allows you to enter Whiterun and Jarl Balgruuf will not have proper lines for you. To start the main quest, you'll have to discover Helgen first. Once this done, go visit Jarl Balgruuf in Whiterun. The usual scene will not start, approach the Jarl and tell him that you want to help him dealing with the dragon problem.
- To start the Civil War quest line, simply go to Solitude or Windhelm and enlist there, as usual.
- If you start the Civil War quest line before the main quest line, you'll have to discover Helgen. A quest will launch to that effect when you bring the "Message to Whiterun" to Jarl Balgruuf.
Installation and removal:
- if you are playing the original version of Skyrim, download "MyOwnAlternateStart.zip" and extract its content into your Data directory,
- if you are playing Skyrim Special Edition, download "MyOwnAlternateStartSE.zip" and extract its content into your Data directory.
Deinstalling this mod is probably not safe at all.
How I made it:
If you are curious, or willing to make your own alternate start, see here: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/8131-skyrim-skyrim-se-my-own-alternate-start-or-how-to-make-an-alternate-start/
Great many thanks to Bethesda Softworks for creating this amazing game!
Great many thanks to TES Alliance for allowing us to share our creations on their web site!
What's New in Version latest version See changelog
Starts the civil war in the background and enables Falkreath Stormcloak camp (the one near Orphan Rock).