DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Maigret's House Cats

(0 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

MOD NAME:

Maigret's House Cats

AUTHOR:

Maigrets

Version 1.0

UPDATE Nov 4th 2009:

NOTE- It is essential to make a clean save without any previous version of this mod active if you wish to use this updated version. It's also not necessary to update if you already use the mod. Deactivate the OMOD if using it. This time I'm only doing a manual install file so you can make your own OMOD if you want to.

Several changes have been made, but won't make much difference except for compatibility reasons.

1. The table and the gems that had the summon spells have been removed. This mod no longer needs compatibility for Better Cities.

2. Now when you first activate each cat you'll receive it's summon spell. This only happens once not every time you activate them.

3. I added the sneak function I gave my other companions. This means that if you wish to take them into potentially dangerous areas they will sneak with you AS LONG AS YOU ARE SNEAKING AND ARE UNDETECTED. As soon as you're detected by an enemy they will flee and return when the danger has passed. If they have taken off through load doors and don't return just use the summon spell to get them back when it's safe.

4. Default install esp is for smaller cats. There is a folder with an esp for slightly larger ones that some, incuding myself prefer. You could swap them around if you want to change sizes without problems. It only changes their size.

HISTORY: I won't be re-uploading the old files, but have left the previous update info here for continuity.

UPDATE: 17th May 2009

Old files removed. One complete file for manual install with all six cats. Better Cities esps included.

Now added, thanks to ADParker is an OMOD version. Use OBMM (Oblivion Mod Manager) to install.

You will be asked if you have Better Cities - Anvil installed, then which cats you want, larger or smaller. Screen shots included of both sizes.

Thank to ADParker for the script to enable the easier choices.

UPDATE 15th May 2009

Added two new cats. Oscar, a dark ginger tabby, and Misty, a pale tabby point thanks to SavageArtistry.

I've updated both the small and large cat esps and the Compatibility esps for Better Cities. Since I don't use Better Cities someone will need to let me know if there's an issue. This has been confirmed to fine with no issues.

PLEASE NOTE: If you were using the first version with four cats -

It will be necessary to make a clean save without the mod active, then reactivate it and get your cats again. The new ones won't show up or may have problems otherwise.

The default esp is for the smaller cats. You can find esps for the others in the Alternate esps folder, in their respective folders. Copy the meshes and texture folders and your choice of esp to your Oblivion\Data folder and agree to overwrite.

DESCRIPTION:

There's no quest, no vendor, just some really cute pets!

I had intended to do a mod like this but hadn't gotten around to it. Then, thanks to Morniel_Everhate who gave me a link to this wonderful resource made by HISSSSA, and helped with obtaining permission, I've been able to do a House Cat mod with custom textures and meshes.

There are four cats. White, grey and two black, one of which has a scar and a missing eye. He also has a Happa (the Japanese word for leaf, I believe) in his mouth. They are a bit bigger than real cats, but I can make them smaller if there's a request. It only takes a minute or two.

They are strictly pets only and will flee (very fast) when there's a fight or danger approaches and will return when it's safe. They are meant to be taken to your house or for a stroll in the garden. Anywhere there's no danger.

They are marked essential, have a small healing ability in case of accidents and are player owned, so they won't flee if you or friends hit them inadvertently. They are level 5 and don't level with the player. There are custom meow and purr sounds, as well as a bell sound, which I've attached to the activate script. I used different sounds to the ones in the resource file, except for the bells.

You'll find them wandering near the pond and around Benirus Manor in Anvil.

I have them all following at once without the "Too many followers" message, but it may be different for you so you can take one at a time or two, whatever you like.

NAMES and COLOURS:

Echo - white

Cleo - black

Pepper - grey

Jazz - black with a missing eye, scar and leaf.

Misty - pale tabby Point

Oscar - ginger tabby

REQUIREMENTS:

I have Shivering Isles installed but I can't see any reason why it won't work on an Oblivion only install. No assets from SI were used. Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create them.

INSTALL:

Extract the archive to a temporary folder and check the folder structure if necessary. Then move the meshes, textures and sound folders, plus the esp to your Oblivion Data Directory. Activate the esp and go to Anvil.

UNINSTALL:

Examine the folders in the original archive to see which files to remove. You did keep it didn't you?

Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you load your game.

COMPATIBILITY:

There should be no incompatibility with any mods now as far as I am aware and I use a LOT of mods and have tested with them all active.

CREDITS and THANKS TO:

HISSSSA for the meshes and textures and sounds.

Morniel_Everhate, a very kind and helpful person.

SavageArtistry for the new ginger and tabby point meshes and textures.

ADParker for the OMOD conversion data and script for previous versions.

Bethesda for the game we love to mod and for the Construction Set.

My friends at the SavageArtistry forum for their support in difficult times.

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

CONTACT INFORMATION:

I can be contacted by PM at SavageArtistry Forum as Maigrets:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

Email: maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

And here of course.

LEGAL:

Please do not upload this mod in it's current or altered form anywhere else without asking me first. To use resource files from this mod you must contact the original author, HISSSSA who is listed in my credits. This also applies to the new ginger and tabby point meshes and the textures created by SavageArtistry.

No alteration was made to the meshes. They are copies to accommodate the new textures.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.