DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Satu Ra - Lord of Beasts

(0 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

MOD NAME:

Satu Ra - Lord of Beasts

AUTHOR:

Maigrets

VERSION 1.1

UPDATE: 27 June 2009 This update shouldn't require a clean save like my other updated companion mods, but I would recommend it. I have not removed the item with the summon spell for Satu Ra because it's attached to the quest data and the note and I don't want to change it around at the moment. Make sure to read the initial note so you can find the item.

CHANGES:

1. General stats lowered a little. Healing Ability reduced markedly for realism. He is still essential, but can be knocked out more easily and his health bar will show.

Resist Poison 75% and Resist magicka 50% added. The reason for this is I've been finding certain poisons and some enchantments in some mods cause lasting damaging effects to companions and since he is essential they can become permanent, so this should help.

2.Made him a tiny bit smaller.

3. New function added to his main script. He will now sneak when the player does. Obviously he won't crouch and sneak, but I have tested this extensively with him and my Sher Ja Mountain Lion Companion and it works well.

If you are sneaking you can get right up to an enemy, depending on your skill, before Satu Ra will react, and only when you are detected. Then, he will attack your enemy. Your sneak eye will probably remain lit when sneaking because he detects you, and I don't think there's much I can do about that.

He won't be getting chameleon in sneak mode. I don't think it's necessary.

NOTE: tested with vanilla only at the moment so get your sneak skill up for OOO and MMM etc since they add many more creatures and NPC's to hide from.

DESCRIPTION:

This mod adds a regal companion called Satu Ra. He is a Lord among beasts and revered by the Khajiit. They believe he is descended from the Pahmar, a mighty armoured cat seldom seen in these turbulent times.

S'thasa the Inn Keeper at the Borderwatch settlement has sent an invitation to come and see this creature and perhaps be granted an audience.

All the information required is in the quest updates and the initial note which is added to your inventory.

The NPC's at Borderwatch are not directly involved except for the background info in the note.

Satu Ra is Essential and levels with the player. He also has his own healing Ability.

There are no menus. This and all of my companion mods use the simple Follow and Stay commands by activation. They do what they have to do without any intervention by me.

You will receive a Summon Spell when you find the item described in the note.

You can change his name if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on him and type -

setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes if more than one word. Close the console and save.

However, his name will remain the same in on screen messages and his Summon Spell. That can only be changed in his script.

REQUIREMENTS:

I have Shivering Isles installed but no assets from SI were used.

Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create my mod.

INSTALL:

Extract the 7Zip file to a temporary directory for best results. Move the meshes and texture folders plus the esp to your data folder. Check the esp in your data files menu or use your desired method and start your game.

The Quest will start when you load the game. There will be only two quest updates. The second occurs when you find an item.

UNINSTALL:

Remove the esp, meshes and textures from your Data folder. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you start your game.

COMPATIBILITY AND KNOWN ISSUES:

There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware. Satu Ra is in a quest location, but no NPC's or anything else regarding that quest have been affected.

CREDITS and THANKS TO:

Alienslof for the meshes and textures. Also for advice and taking care of Sher Ja and Alice the Spider.

The Lore Creatures Team, specifically:

Cryo_ (model edits / armor textures), Grimdeath (creature textures) for the original Pahmar.

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.

The CS Wiki and Bethsoft CS forum for various useful bits of information.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

I can be contacted by PM at SavageArtistry Forum as Maigrets:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

Email: maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

And here of course.

LEGAL:

This mod must not be uploaded anywhere else for any reason without contacting me. To reuse the resource files you must contact Alienslof to get her permission.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.