DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Maigrets Pet Foxes

(1 review)

5 Screenshots

About This File

MOD NAME:

Maigrets Pet Fox - By request.

AUTHOR:

Maigrets

Version 1.0

27 June 2009

Update April 9 2010

Moved the foxes to Blankenmarch as requested by Tanya for compatibility with Better Cities.

The new file is stand alone and includes the meshes and textures, original readme and a small Info text. This is so it can be used whether or not anyone uses Better Cities. The foxes have just been moved...no other changes.

Please make sure you don't use both esps if you have the original and want to use this version.

I also discovered when I installed FCOM recently the fox files were removed when I uninstalled the Mart's Monster Mod Omod since it's now a BSA. If anyone finds they have no foxes, (particularly the red one) after doing the same just reinstall the meshes and textures from my mod.

Updates: 29 June 2009

1. Added a grey fox, Ru'bel, to the same location as Timothy on the other side of the path. This is a different mesh and texture than the one currently used by MMM and made by Mikal33 who also created the red fox textures.

2. Replaced the normal map for the red fox. I was using the wrong one. The new map has a lttle shine to it.

3. Made both foxes a tiny bit smaller. Now .70% instead of .75% of the size of the vanilla dog.

DESCRIPTION:

This mod was requested by NOname101 at the Bethsoft Forums. The name for the grey fox Ru'bel, was chosen by corepc.

These foxes are pets, not fighters, so if you want to change it you can do it in the AI. Confidence and aggression for these foxes are the same as the sheep (ewe).

Pets, whatever they are, should not be fighting monsters and bigger animals for sport or fun in real life or a fantasy game. Use an animal companion that can defend itself. There are plenty around, or make your own changes. My choice and opinion...so enough said.

There's no quest. Timothy the red fox, and Ru'bel the grey fox, can be found wandering around the graves at the Green Emperor's Way, so just take a walk around and find them. When first activated they will give you their Summon Spells so they can be called if they get stuck, or if you've left them somewhere. They will have some problems with bigger stairs, but will port to you.

They can be activated the same way as my other creature companions. Tell them to either come with you or stay, and they will do the rest. When they are told to wait they have a fairly wide wander range, so just summon them if you can't find them for some reason.

They will also sneak with you so if you go into dangerous areas and remain undetected, they may stay with you, depending on the circumstances, but they are not not brave! They will run away if you are detected and will find you again when the coast is clear.

If not just summon them to you and tell them to follow if not already in Follow mode. Obviously, they won't crouch in sneak mode, but it works and is more obvious in my fighting companions who won't run away.

I'm not going to add chameleon. It's unnecessary.

They are essential and have their own healing ability for use in case of trouble. They are player owned and will not attack you or friends. Main stats are basically the same as the default dog, except for intelligence which assists with animal companions climbing stairs and more importantly, being able to follow the player through doors and fast traveling properly. (I re-discovered this is true when I forgot to give the original red fox higher Intelligence, and he wouldn't zone through doors or fast travel.)

I also increased their speed a tiny bit.

Remember, they are pets only! They will run away a certain distance, if fighting breaks out and will return when it's safe. Realistically, foxes wouldn't be fighting wolves and monsters which is why they are pets and not fighters.

You can change the names if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on the fox and type -

setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes if more than one word. Close the console and save.

However, the name will remain the same in on screen messages and the Summon Spell. That can only be changed in the scripts.

REQUIREMENTS:

I have Shivering Isles installed but I can't see any reason why it won't work on a Vanilla install. No assets from SI were used. Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create them.

INSTALL:

Extract the esp, meshes and textures to a temporary folder and check it out if necessary. Then move the files to your Oblivion Data Directory. Activate the esp and head for the Green Emperor Way.

UNINSTALL:

Remove these files:

Maigrets Pet Fox.esp

textures\creatures\fox\fox.dds

textures\creatures\fox\fox_grey.dds

textures\creatures\fox\fox_n.dds

meshes\creatures\dog\fox.nif

meshes\creatures\dog\foxgray.nif

Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you load your game.

Martigen's Monster Mod also uses a couple of these files, so if using MMM don't remove the meshes and textures. Just delete my esp.

COMPATIBILITY:

There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

I can be contacted by PM at SavageArtistry Forum as Maigrets:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

TES Alliance of course.

Email: maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

CREDITS and THANKS TO:

Mr Siika for the meshes and textures.

Mikal33 for updated meshes and textures.

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.

The CS Wiki and Bethsoft CS forum for various tutorials and valuable tidbits of information.

LEGAL:

Please do not reupload this mod in it's current or altered form without asking me first. It has been translated which is fine with me.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.