DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Sher Ja Mountain Lion Companion

(0 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

MOD NAME:

Sher Ja Mountain Lion Companion

AUTHOR:

Maigrets

Current Version - 1.4

October 30 2009

README UPDATED: A number of changes have been made and WILL require a clean save if using a previous version.

This was my first ever mod besides some save games and I have a particular fondness for it, simple as it is.

DESCRIPTION:

Sher Ja was raised from a mewling cub by his owner after his mother was killed by hunters. He grew into a fearless and loyal companion and protector, but misfortune saw them separated after a battle in an Ayleid Ruin. It's not known at this time what happened to his partner, but Sher Ja surely survived and will bond with another who will respect and care for him.

The name is derived from Sher - a Persian name meaning Lion and Ja just popped into my head. Yes, I know that means I'm actually calling him Lion! I've since found out Ja also means lion.... I like the name, but anyone can change it in the CS if they want or you can use the console to change it.

Open the console, click on Sher Ja and type "setactorfullname" (without the quotes), type the new name and press enter. Close the console. If his new name is two words or more they must have quotes at the beginning and end of the name. However, the messages when activating him will still have his original name. That can only be changed in his script.

He is meant to be a pet/companion and backup defense. He will wander about the area when you tell him to stay, clean his paws and look around being vigilant etc in follow mode just like wild lions in the game if you get close enough to see.

Sher Ja is marked Essential and Player Owned to avoid attacks on friends and the player. He has a custom Healing Ability so he doesn't become unconscious often thus avoiding the need for the original OBSE scripts his are based on.

He also has Resist Poison 75% and Resist Magicka 50% (new). The reason for this is I've been finding certain poisons and some enchantments in some mods cause lasting damaging effects to companions and since he is essential they can become permanent, so this should help.

A note will be added to your inventory with a hint to his location on loading the mod. When you arrive near his location he will start to wander. If you don't get there fast enough you'll have to find him. He'll either go up the hill from his starting spot or onto the road. You can no longer summon him until you find him.

See version history for other changes.

He has two commands. Come with me and Wait here. He will take care of the rest. Simple and easy!

VERSION HISTORY:

Version 1.4: June 23 2009

1. The object with the summon spell has been removed. You'll get the spell when you first activate him. Changed the note text to reflect this.

2. New function added to his main script. He will now sneak when the player does. Obviously he won't crouch and sneak, but I have tested this extensively with him and another companion and it works. If you are sneaking you can get right up to an enemy, depending on your skill, before Sher Ja will react. As soon as you are detected he will attack. Your sneak eye will probably remain lit when sneaking because he detects you, and I don't think there's much I can do about that.

He won't be getting chameleon in sneak mode. I don't think it fits with a lion companion.

NOTE: tested with vanilla only at the moment so get your sneak skill up for OOO and MMM etc. Now tested with FCOM with no problems.

3. Healing Ability and base stats drastically reduced for realism. He will now drop if he is overwhelmed and his health bar will show. He still levels with the player and is still essential. As mentioned above I've added Resist Poison and Resist Magicka.

4. Removed Custom Combat style. It was unnecessary.

Version 1.3

Removed all factions except the Player Faction. Now your enemy is definitely his enemy. There should be no more issues with him not fighting certain creatures.

Version 1.2

Added Custom Combat Mode and Pet Faction. Small script change. This companion is Better suited to a stealth character, but works in straight out combat as well. Tested this time mainly on with a vanilla character. I can say with 99.9% certainty it will work on a vanilla game. I have tested with OOO and MMM and there is delay sometimes with him initiating combat. I think this is mostly due to my old computer and too many scripts running.

I hope he works for all this time. (No longer applies - new system)

Version 1.1

There has been mention that Sher Ja will not fight. A couple of minor changes were made shortly before release and even though I tested it I have found that he is not fighting as he should, especially with my high level character.

This esp I hope will fix it. I have also removed Corpse Check which slows him down as well. I have been playing for several hours with no mishaps and he fights well.

Version 1.0

First attempt.

I made this primarily for myself and thought maybe someone else would like it as well. Constructive suggestions are welcome as long as they are reasonable.

REQUIREMENTS:

I have Shivering Isles installed but I can't see any reason why it won't work on a Vanilla install. No assets from Shivering Isles were used.

Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create him or her...you decide.

INSTALL:

Extract the esp and put it into your Oblivion Data Directory. Activate the esp and play!

There will be a Quest Message on loading the mod and a note added to the inventory.

UNINSTALL:

Remove the esp from your Data folder. Nothing more. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you load your game.

COMPATIBILITY AND OTHER INFO:

There should be no incompatibility with any other mods. I have placed Sher Ja in a non vanilla quest related area away from anything which to my knowledge could cause any interference.

He can open gates when he starts to wander. This is related to his intelligence which is 30 and necessary for following through doors and new cells, particularly on Fast Travel. It also helps with a creature's ability to climb stairs although some, like the ones at the IC Waterfront which are high, can trip him up. He will port to you if he gets stuck when following. There are some quest related doors he will not follow through so use the summon spell. This affects other companions as well, not just mine.

I don't do the Main Quest anymore and have no intention of doing so. Therefore I Haven't tested any of my mods with Oblivion Gates. If in doubt make him wait before entering, then summon and do the same before exiting.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

I can be contacted by PM at SavageArtistry Forum as Maigrets:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

TES Alliance

Email: maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

LEGAL:

Please do not reupload this file in it's current or altered form to any other site without asking me first.

CREDITS:

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to mod.

delphinus for allowing me to base Sher Ja on his Fenrir the Wolf mod.

Jumonji for his unreserved assistance with the main script which he created originally. Otherwise Sher Ja would be a furry statue.

Williesea for the object script which held the Summon Spell in the previous versions of this mod.

The CS Wiki for various informative tutorials.

Myself for the concept and persistence to learn how to mod.

EXTRA THANKS TO:

Jumonji for play testing, checking my work and supporting me.

Harley5by5 for play testing and screen shots.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.