DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tarana The Golden Impling

(0 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

MOD NAME:

Tarana The Golden Impling

AUTHOR:

Maigrets

VERSION 1.1

UPDATE:

New burnished gold textures and mesh courtesy of Alienslof!! Check out the blue eyes!

DESCRIPTION:

This mod adds an Impling called Tarana (meaning "music" or "musical"). Imps are known to love music and this one is no exception. Except for the fact you can't play music for it. Just imagine you can...

I decided to make this companion when I read a request thread on the Tesnexus forums started by Sheralynn and myrmaad and Graewolph have also shown interest. So this is for them and anyone else of course!!

Request Thread (probably archived by now):

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=86529&st=0

This companion is STRICTLY a pet and should not be taken into fights, although if unavoidable it will flee very quickly and return when it is safe. There will be a summon spell when you find the nest and there is a small starting quest and story.

The stats are the same as a vanilla Imp except for a speed increase so it can keep up, intelligence boost, lowered aggression and confidence so it will flee. Depending on your speed it may still have trouble keeping up if you run a lot, but it will catch up to you. It should defend itself if cornered as it has the leveled vanilla spells.

If you don't see it when you get to it's hiding place, look up or just find the Summoning Stone for the spell. It's in plain view and if you read the story you'll know what to look for.

I was going to change this part so that you get the spell when first activating Tarana like my other companions, but due to her location it will be an issue. Sometimes she flies (spawns) up the hill and is hard to get at and I'm not going to move her and her nest. It will also alter the quest story as the Summoning Stone is part of it.

Tarana is also Essential since I did some reading, and in Mythology Imps are usually Immortal. Anyway she's small so she needs some help. Stats may need adjustment.

She is an Impling, half normal size, and I've done 2 esp files because the creature will purr when activated with one esp or will purr as an idle animation with the other esp. The idle purr is constant like the wing flapping sound, but I personally find the purr much more soothing. It's mostly noticeable when YOU are close to the Impling anyway. The wing flapping sound is very obvious and can be annoying.

All the Info needed is in the initial note and quest message, but I've added a location screen shot. There are only a couple of screens since I couldn't get one of Tarana fleeing the scene, but she's an Imp and you know what they look like. You decide what gender you want it/her/him to be.

REQUIREMENTS:

I have Shivering Isles installed but no assets from SI were used.

Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create my mod.

INSTALL:

Extract the 7Zip file to a temporary directory for best results. Move the Sound, Meshes and Textures folders plus the esp of choice to your data folder. Check the esp in your data files menu or use your desired method eg OBMM and start your game.

The Quest will start when you load the game. There will be only two quest updates. The second occurs when you find an item.

UNINSTALL:

Remove the esp, sounds and meshes and textures from your Data folder. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you start your game.

COMPATIBILITY AND KNOWN ISSUES:

There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware.

CREDITS and THANKS TO:

Alienslof for the golden mesh and textures.

This site where I got some free wave sounds including the purring clip.

http://www.brandens.net/snd_list.php?cat=Animals

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.

The CS Wiki and Bethsoft CS forum for various useful bits of information.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

I can be contacted by PM at SavageArtistry Forum as Maigrets:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

TES Alliance

Email: maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

LEGAL:

Please do not reupload this file in it's current or an altered state without asking me first.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.