DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Maigrets - My Dog Rosie Two

(0 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

MOD NAME:

Maigrets - My Dog Rosie

AUTHOR:

Maigrets

Version Two

UPDATE: Jan 6th 2011

I am releasing the meshes and textures made especially for me by Waalx, so here they are.

The new file is the complete mod with the new additions, so nothing is required from the previous version.

Remove the old files including the esp as mentioned below in Uninstall instructions and install the new ones. It won't affect saves as it's a cosmetic change, so if using the previous mod just continue as normal.

Waalx Animals and Creatures Overhaul here and highly recommended. Registration is required though to view WAC topics.

http://waalx.com/RealSwordsForum/index.php

UPDATE: 27 June 2009 - **This update requires a clean save if using a previous version.**

1. Removed the object that gives the summon spell. The spell will now be added when first activating Rosie.

2. Added sneak function to Rosie's main script. She will sneak with you, but obviously not crouch. She won't react to enemies until either you are detected in sneak mode or you come out of sneak mode normally.

I'm not adding chameleon. I think it's a bit pointless really.

3. Healing Ability has been heavily reduced for realism. She also now has Resist Poison 75% and Resist Magicka 50%. The reason for this is I've been finding certain poisons and some enchantments in some mods cause lasting damaging effects to companions, and since she is essential they can become permanent, so this should help.

DESCRIPTION:

This mod is based on my real life, very loved dog who died at the age of 15 years in January 2007. I asked on the Bethsoft Official Mod Forums back then if anyone could make a dog companion for me. This was waaaay before I even had the CS installed let alone know how to do it myself.

Very kindly, Cryonaut answered my request and made me a custom mesh and texture and put her in game for me. However, he was unable to give her AI and the create a companion from the files, so they sat on my hard drive for nearly 18 months.

When I started making my own creature companions I finally made Rosie and have been using her in my game for a very long time.

She is a little bigger than the default dog and her ears are slightly turned over. In reality she was about the size of a labrador with ears that flopped over a bit. Hence the custom ears on the mesh.

I've decided to share her with anyone who might like her. The meshes are the originals and the texture doesn't have a normal map and may look a bit faded.

There's no quest. Rosie can be found near her kennel close to the IC Waterfront Shack.

She will wander around the area, so just walk around and find her. She may even have wandered to the lighthouse. When first activated she will give you her Summon Spell so she can be called if she gets stuck, which sometimes happens with any companion especially in small corridors in some ruins, or if you've left her somewhere.

She can be activated the same way as my other creature companions. Tell her to either come with you or stay and she will do the rest. When she is told to wait she has a fairly wide wander range, so just summon her if you can't find her for some reason.

She is essential and has her own healing ability for use in battle. She is player owned and will not attack you or friends unless you start the fight. For example I picked a fight with the Anvil guards in the screen shot.

You can change her name if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on her and type -

setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes. Close the console and save.

However, her name will remain the same in on screen messages and that can only be changed in her script.

DISCLAIMER:

This mod comes as is. I'm not a texture artist, nor am I able to make or alter meshes and I have no interest in learning.

If you know your way around the CS you can change the meshes and textures yourself to use other resource files.

If anyone would like to use the original meshes and texture in a released mod, all I ask is to contact me first and tell me what you're using it for since this mod has sentimental value to me.

However, the new meshes and textures are absolutely not to be used for anything except except private use. They are also included in the Beta1 version of WAC which was released recently anyway, so you could try asking Waalx as the ultimate decision resides with him.

REQUIREMENTS:

I have Shivering Isles installed but no assets from SI were used. Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 otherwise this mod will not work.

INSTALL:

Extract the esp, meshes and textures to a temporary folder and check the folder structure if necessary. Then move the files to your Oblivion Data Directory. Activate the esp and head for the IC Waterfront.

UNINSTALL:

Remove these files for the original mod:

My Dog Rosie esp

textures\creatures\dog\dog_rosie.dds

meshes\creatures\dog\dog-r-body.nif

meshes\creatures\dog\dog-r-head.nif

Or these if you wish to remove the new version:

My Dog Rosie esp

textures\creatures\dog\dog_blackw.dds

meshes\creatures\dog\wac_dogblack_body.nif

meshes\creatures\dog\wac_dogblack_eyes.nif

meshes\creatures\dog\wac_dogblack_head.nif

NOTE: The date of the new esp means nothing. It's changed by OBMM and my load order.

Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you load your game.

COMPATIBILITY:

There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware.

Contact Information

SavageArtistry's Forum.

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

TES Alliance

Waalx Realswords as Anja the Whisperer

http://waalx.com/RealSwordsForum/index.php

TES Adventures

http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php

CREDITS:

Cryonaut for the original meshes and texture. His response to my request was very touching. Thank You again.

The original real life Rosie who I based this mod on. My companion and protector.

Me for the determination to get her in game one way or the other.

Waalx for the meshes and textures that make Rosie look as much as possible like she did in life. Thank you.

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.

The CS Wiki and Bethsoft CS forum for various tutorials and valuable tidbits of information.

LEGAL:

Please do not re-upload this mod in it's current or in an altered from to any other site without asking me first. It has been translated to other languages, however those versions may not be up to date and it's not my responsibility to make sure they are.

The new meshes and textures made by Waalx are not to be used for anything but private use.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.