DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Duke Patricks Basic Hypothermia II Rev 3.1

(4 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Duke Patricks Basic Hypothermia II

Rev 3.1

Camp fires and shelter are now your best friend!

Latest OBSE Needed

I CANNOT SUPPORT THIS MOD FOR NOW.

I want to see what they will do in Skyrim for cold environmental mechanics.

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE MOD UNLESS

YOU ARE WILLING TO USE THIS MOD AS IS!

In most cases issues are mod conflicts anyway. So if you are not willing to drop any of your mods from the load order please do not use this mod.

Do a clean install of this REV.

Rev 3.1: Major changes! BE sure to install the new sound files and the new INI!

Sloshing dripping sound effect when you move around and you are drenched. The Fast

warm up only kicks in now if you are crouching by the fire (in sneak mode). A major bug

fix that prevented variety in the ambient temperatures. Plus a significant fix to the

calculation logic that should solve many small issues now. The delay timer is no longer

needed /used for the fast warm-up.

Do not download this mod if you do not read Read Me files. You will not be able to unlock the needed files if you do not read the read me.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE COMMENTS ASKING FOR HELP ON THIS MOD. I will not be replying to any questions here. Please go to the Bethesda forums on my mod's thread.

OVERVIEW OF THE FEATURES

-------------------------------------------

NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE READ ME FILE. YOU MUST READ THE READ ME FILE TO GET THE PASSWORD FOR THE LOCKED ESP/zip FILE. The Read me file in in the download.

I created some very special non-glowing shaders to make your PC face (only the face) flush red with heat or pale blue with cold depending on the circumstances.

Sound effects feedback when you are:

Under shelter from rain.

Feel "out of the ordinary" heat or cold changes.

Get Thermal Sickness from cold or heat.

3rd person Animations AND 1st person screen effects for:

Heat Stroke

Cold Shivering

Visible HUD feedback:

Numbers will flash (only when the heat and cold PC sound effects trigger) at the top of your screen as to your percentage of Core Body Heat, estimated ambient world temperature and the your heat Rate of Change.

Your color health, magicka and fatigue bars will throttle up and down in relation to your percentage of body warmth when you have thermal sickness.

This mod will work with other mods new lands and worlds. Not as effectively as in the Tamara world but as well as I can make it to maintain the immersion.

Reward attributes boosts for cooling off with a dip in the lake or warming up by a fire.

Clothing and magic protections will matter but it is NOT going to be ever be a major part of the mod. (see the read me file for why). But Cloaks (in this mod or from other mods) will make a huge difference in getting wet from rain and help the most (of all clothing) for keeping warm. You will kick into super fast cool down if you stand still or sit with no torso armor and no torso clothing (shirt) and no cloak on.

Getting wet can terrible in the wrong weather, so this makes many lakes a barrier and not just a simple "change in the walking animation".

Finding shelter from the rain under such things as rock protrusions, tents and architectural overhangs.

Finding sun shelter (like with rain) from the direct sun will help with managing your heat.

Physical Activity will warm you up a little. Heavy activity (like fighting or running) will do the most. Clothing (helps cardiovascular heat from radiating away).

Environment plays the biggest role in determining world temperature. However all the following factors are include in calculating effects on the player:

Sun

Large fires and lava that uses a sound effect with the name FLAME , FIRE or LAVA. (Torch will help a little).

Altitude

Snow

Darkness

Disease with the word “fever†in the name.

Rainy weather

Month of the year

Time of day

Getting drenched with water (swimming or rain).

Indoor locations hinders the drain effects of Rain and Snow and warm effects of the Sun, are a little warmer sometimes, and increases the warmth effects of fires.

RACE MODIFIERS!

(You must read the read me file to use the race modifiers.)

For the most advanced SCA combat with sword and shield:

http://www.spookyfx.com/book/tromp.html

• Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for the mod brilliant addition to my immersion set!

How many 1000's of cells would I be letting myself in for to set a temperature for each for Vanilla plus Unique Landscapes (full set)

Just want to see what kind of year long plan it would need.

Oct 31st can't come soon enough for you to start looking at this combined with Realistic Health. :woohoo:

does it conflict currently? or can you run them both.

Brilliant mod, adds an amazing new level of difficulty and realism. I love how dangerous the mountains are now.

My one gripe: has anyone else had an issue with the vanilla frost sound effect playing constantly every time its raining? Is there a fix for this? It really breaks the immersion. It might be a tiny conflict with Francesco's, but it definately started when i ran this mod. I really want to fix it because i can't imagine the game without this mod.

Hey together,

here an INI-snipped for the HUD Status Bars to show the Core Body Temp, and the Temperature itself:

You will have to dl HUD Status Bars and edit the hud status bars.ini File aws follow:

; ==== Duke Patricks - Hypothermia:

set tnoHSB.hud_color to sv_Construct "15*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp<0)+3*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp>=0 && aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp<16)+7*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp>=16 && aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp<50)+10*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp>=50 && aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp<90)+5*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp>=90)"

set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct "-50*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp<=-50)+1*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp)+150*(aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp>=150)"

set tnoHSB.hud_min to sv_Construct "-50"

set tnoHSB.hud_max to sv_Construct "150"

set tnoHSB.hud_textColor to sv_Construct "HUDcolorWhite"

set tnoHSB.hud_name to sv_Construct "°C:"

; set tnoHSB.hud_textDisplay to HUDtxtValueOfMax

set tnoHSB.hud_textPos_X to HUDtxtLeft

set tnoHSB.hud_textPos_y to HUDtxtCenter

set tnoHSB.hud_x to HUDprevBar

set tnoHSB.hud_y to HUDprevBarAbove

SetStage tnoHSB 10

set tnoHSB.hud_color to sv_Construct "15*(aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve<=0)+3*(aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve>0 && aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve<45)+7*(aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve>=46 && aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve<110)+10*(aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve>=110 && aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve<=125)+5*(aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve>125)"

set tnoHSB.hud_val to sv_Construct "1+(aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve)"

set tnoHSB.hud_min to sv_Construct "0"

set tnoHSB.hud_max to sv_Construct "150"

set tnoHSB.hud_textColor to sv_Construct "HUDcolorWhite"

set tnoHSB.hud_name to sv_Construct "Body Temp.:"

; set tnoHSB.hud_textDisplay to HUDtxtValueOfMax

set tnoHSB.hud_textPos_X to HUDtxtLeft

set tnoHSB.hud_textPos_y to HUDtxtCenter

set tnoHSB.hud_x to HUDprevBar

set tnoHSB.hud_y to HUDprevBarAbove

SetStage tnoHSB 10

I set the border from -.50degree to 150degree for the temp. (1st entry with aadpShiverStrokeEffect.showtemp).

And 0 to 150 (percentage) for the Core Body Heat Reserve (aadpThermoStats.WarmthReserve)

So, with this you can now display and see the approperiate Temperatures as a status bar while playing.

• Upvote 3

Thank you, BlackJackGarry! Status bars work great and I managed to copy some parts of the code on my other bars, so they now have text as well - what I wanted so much for my HUD.

I read the readme and still failed to find the password to unpack the files. :confused:

Why make this whole thing so convoluted anyway?

Edited by the_raven

On 18.01.2021 at 10:58 PM, nik8900 said:

where is the password located

Pass OpenSaysMe
Why make a password for a file at all? God, if I need to, I will read the ReadMe from cover to cover, but there is no need to force the players to do this, especially if I am not a player but a translator...