DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Wellspring Vale 2.0.2

(4 reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

Name: Wellspring Vale

Version: 2.0.2

Date: 12/07/2010

Category: Towns

Author: WhoGuru

Source: TES Alliance

Forum: TES Alliance

HomePage: TES Alliance

=================

Requirements:

=================

Non COBL version:

Oblivion 1.2.416

COBL Version:

Oblivion 1.2.416

Common Oblivion COBL

=================

Description:

=================

Wellspring Vale is a homey little village on the plains North of Kvatch. In it you'll find a Galleria House

presiding over the village with placeable paintings for sale and the deed to a sumptuous yet small home, an outdoor

market and inviting Inn.

=================

Details:

=================

Wellspring Vale was founded by Erissa and her husband Heceri. Both Altmer painters of some note, they settled above

Kvatch in their golden years after a life spent exploring Cyrodiil for inspiration. They tempted merchants from

nearby Kvatch and soon had a bustling, yet peaceful little village to keep their Galleria House company. The

outdoor market draws travelers along the Gold Road. Erissa had a modest and cozy home built beside her Galleria

House, called Autumn Cottage, and hopes to find someone of like mind to live there.

In her Galleria House, Erissa sells her paintings for those with the Septims to appreciate them. The traveler only

wishing to visit will find comfy lodgings at the Wellspring Inn. The proprietor, Rani, offers some goods the

adventurer may find useful. In the open air market, vendors wait with goods ranging from garden grown fruits and

vegetables to books, armor and weapons. Garond the Smith carries some unusual weapons he brought from his homeland.

Those wishing to assume ownership of Autumn Cottage should see Erissa in the Galleria House.

=================

Notes of Interest:

=================

At the moment, there is only one NPC with original dialogue in Wellspring Vale. Erissa, in the Galleria House. I

may come back to this and update with voices for the other villagers but for now, one was enough.

The creatures in Baune Morasel may provide a tough challenge to those in single digit levels. Come prepared or

level a bit and come back later. For those determined to cheat but worried, yes, you can console kill the creatures

without breaking the quest.

Those with Erviin's Ayleid Steps Mod active will find three Ayleid Steps on the Ayleid well in the center of the

village. Have fun!

If you don't like weapons and armor a bit on the powered side, Tough noogies. :P My mod. My choice and I like them

that way. You may feel free to adjust them for your own game in the CS yourself.

=================

Installation

=================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data

folder.

2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file(s).

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).

2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

Wellspring Vale.esp

Meshes/Red/Wellspring

Textures/Red/Wellspring

Textures/Menus/Icons/Red/Wellspring

Sound/Voice/Wellspring Vale.esp

=================

Incompatibility:

=================

*Users of the West Roads mod, will find some small

land tears near the village. Arthmoor has kindly made a patch to fix this. It can be found here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34010

=================

Known Issues:

=================

*The placeable paintings may not sit as they should in the IC Waterfront Shack. This is a fault of that interior

and nothing I can fix. Best you can do is keep them away from the walls or they likely will fall out.

=================

History:

=================

09/04/2010 - Release v1.0

11/10/2010 - v2.0 update and COBL patch

12/07/2010 - v2.0.2 update and COBL patch

=================

=================

WhoGuru @ TES Alliance or Bethesda Official Forums

=================

Credits:

=================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

Scripting of the placeable paintings and NPC AI: InsanitySorrow

Marmion and Mirkali's house interior design: Greenwarden

Garond's house interior design: Yevic

Resources Used:

Edocsil's Cleaning Bucket

Xiamara's Sofas, Chairs and Pillows

Echo's Tents

Garak's Booksets

Meo's Modular Fireplaces

Wildkarrde's Potbelly Stove

Throttlekitty and DaMage's Real Water Mesh

Senten's Modder's Resource Pack, Stable, etc...

Kalikut's Steaming Cauldrons

DarkRider's Celtic Decor I and II

Hel Borne's Wall Shelves

Antistar's Bath Mod

Khettienna's Lantern

Babylon Service

TESA Clutterer's Guild Teapot

Vince Bly's Dragon Egg Teapot

Weapons from StarX and InsanitySorrow's Arsenal

InsanitySorrow's Blood Glass Armor and weapons

Metz and Disturbeds Weapon displays

Hel Bornes Altar resource

Screenshot Contributors for My Paintings:

Myself

Greenwarden

Death_Knowz

Napalmmatt

Si-Shen

Sugarbean

Glaedr

OujiaU

Donatto

=================

Special Thanks:

=================

Many MANY thanks to Greenwarden for her expert and perfect voicing of Erissa.

I can not call Wellspring JUST my mod when so many helped me make this a reality. Without DarkRider and

InsanitySorrow in particular, I would not have been able to accomplish this. InsanitySorrow made my buyable-

placeable paintings a reality and he and DarkRider both worked to get my dialogue in the mod as well as the small

quest.They helped me exceed my own skills to make something more. Thank you both so much!

many thanks as well to Ysne and EruditeDragon for their thorough testing of Wellspring Vale.

Thanks to Khettienna whos wonderful tutorial on how to COBLize a mod told me everything I needed.

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Construction Set v1.0

Construction Set v1.2

Kivan's LIP Template

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

GIMP

NifSkope

Switch

=================

Licensing/Legal:

=================

You may use this as you wish but you must credit me for my work. Please do not re-host this file without my

explicit permission.

What's New in Version 2.0.2

Released

• =================
  • Update v2.0:
  • =================
  • Included in the update: Testing key was removed from the front of Autumn Cottage. A cellar has been added to the cottage. The trap door can be found in the kitchen, across from the fireplace. In the cellar are numerous displays for weapons and some labeled storage containers. Also added are two new sets of retextured armor, a new dagger and the Cyrodiil Bunny paintings have been added to Erissa's inventory for sale.
  • COBL Patch:
  • Wellspring Vale now has a patch esp to add in several COBL amenities including support for hunger/thirst mods. Patch is available on the download page. See readme included with the patch for details.
  • =================
  • Wellspringv2.0_to_v2.0.1_FIX_forhungryNPCs:
  • =================
  • This is a small update to fix the starving NPCs of Wellspring. At some point the food I'd given has gone missing, resulting in some tavern brawls over stolen food. There are two esps, one for the vanilla version of the mod and one of the COBL version. Simply copy over your existing Wellspring esp with the proper esp for your version.
  • =================
  • Update v2.0.2:
  • =================
  • Some NPC AI has been fixed and the outdoor market has received a bit of a makeover to make stealing the merchants blind a bit more of a challenge.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Very nice little village, by cons I think I found a little bug. I found the key to the cottage on the small table in front of it (one with a teapot). Suddenly after finding the right key, the quest does not update.

Very nice little village, by cons I think I found a little bug. I found the key to the cottage on the small table in front of it (one with a teapot). Suddenly after finding the right key, the quest does not update.

:) That key is a left over from testing that I forgot to remove. :thumbsup: I was hoping no one notice before I update. LOL To actually gain ownership of the house, the proper key and the deed, you need to talk to Erissa in the Galleria House as it says in the readme.

For the key on the small table I actually thought you had forgotten to remove after the test. This is not serious, it does happen.

Unfortunately the quest refuses to update and the marker remains at its target in the elven ruins. Reading the contract has actually given ownership of the house according Oblivion XP.

Among the answers that I can do Erissa are not yet and nevermind having the keys and the contract of the cottage.

I tried to throw a key file and file and the second contract on the body in the ruins and take the quest but did not also updated. Given that the game myself as the owner of the house I can probably fix this trouble with a coded setstage fit ?

Hey Kaos! Sorry for the wait. :) Try this and see if it bumps your quest to the proper stage.

setstage aaWGWellspringQuest 40

Save first of course. :thumbsup: Better safe than sorry.

No worries, I have something to do in general with the impressive number of mods coming out and their translation.

The command has worked perfectly. Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

A pretty, fun, and highly mercantile little village, no doubt they each think they will get rich selling each other stuff. Nice textures and layout.

The town is absolutely beautiful. I like how the market closes at night, preventing me from stealing all the goods on display. All the houses have really striking interiors as well. I can tell you've done a lot of thinking and planning when creating this mod.

The Inn is my favourite place in town. I stayed there an evening and some pretty funny stuff went on in there too. Lyria and K'isseen (Kissen means "the cat" or "the kitten" in Swedish, did you know that?) actually started a barfight. Lyria was trying to steal stuff and K'isseen prevented her and won the fight. I'm glad Lyria didn't die though, but only went unconscious. Was this situation intended? I thought it was real fun to watch though, so I suggest you don't remove it if it wasn't. :lol:

I only noted some minor AI problems. Like when it was time for bed, all the people in the Inn went into the same room and tried to go to sleep in the same bed, leaving three of them just standing there. More beds and bed ownership will solve that issue easily, so it was nothing major.

Good job on this! I was impressed.

Hi! I've just played the mod and in few words: it's very tasteful.

Erissa's voice is breath-taking and fits an altmer perfectly.

The only thing that I'd like to question is the AI of Erissa, her husband and their maid.

They prefer to sleep at the inn instead of going to their home.