DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Rivet City Room

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is my first Fallout 3 release (although not the first FO3 mod I've started, it's the first I've finished) which I've been working on bit by bit when I get angry with the CS or don't have much to do. It's a fairly simple mod which replaces the empty room next to the stairwell with a comfortable player home (I moved the persistent reference filing cabinet with Paulie Cantelli's stash elsewhere). I'm sure this has been done before; the location is too good to be passed up, so someone must have used it before me, but oh well, variety is the spice of life (and maybe I'll make a ver 2.0 with a new location directly off the stairwell perhaps). In order to claim the home for your self, you must find the bodies of it's former owners in the Broken Bow (they're not too hard to find). One has a locked box containing the key to the room, the other has the key to that box and a note explaining everything. I enjoyed making it, and I hope others can enjoy using it.

Readme:

Name: Rivet City Room

Version: 1.0

Date: 11/08/10

Category: Houses

Author: The-Manta

Source: Fallout 3 Nexus

=================

Requirements:

=================

Fallout 3

=================

Description:

=================

Transforms the unused room in the Rivet City Midship Deck into a well-furnished player home.

=================

Details:

=================

The room is well-located, it is the first door on your right when you enter the Midship Deck from the stairwell, meaning it is close to the entrance and to the marketplace. Initially the room is locked and cannot be picked. To acquire the key you must find the bodies of the two previous owners of the room, which are located in the Broken Bow of the ship. One has a small locked box containing the key to the room, and the other has the key to the box and a note explaining everything- you must find both bodies (don't worry, they're not too hard to find).

The room has a bed which will grant you the "Well Rested" bonus like the beds in the vanilla Megaton and Tenpenny homes, as well as a workbench, My First Infirmary, My First Laboratory, furniture and plenty of containers. The containers SHOULD all be safe; none of them are marked to respawn in the GECK. If you do encounter any problems with them (which I'm sure you won't) I apologise sincerely and ask that you inform me via a comment or message.

=================

Installation

=================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Fallout 3's Data

folder.

2. Start the game launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file.

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

1. Start game launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file.

2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

=================

Upgrade:

=================

None

=================

Incompatibility:

=================

None known

=================

Known Issues:

=================

None

=================

History:

=================

11/08/10- initial release

=================

=================

the-manta on TES Alliance

the manta on Fallout 3 Nexus

=================

Credits:

=================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Fallout 3.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

Thanks to everyone at TESA for their continued help, support and friendliness.

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

the Garden of Eden Creation Kit

=================

Licensing/Legal:

=================

You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod. I would also like to know what mods are including my work.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.