DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Maigrets House Cats - Nehrim

(0 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

PLEASE NOTE: This mod will not work with Oblivion. It's been completely re-done for Nehrim with a few necessary additions.

MOD NAME:

Maigret's House Cats- Nehrim

AUTHOR:

Maigrets

Version 1.0

UPDATE 10th Dec 2010:

I've discovered that the places I put the cats are affected at some point by the MQ and they may be inaccessible unless you haven't done the MQ, or are not yet at the particular point in question. In that case the original esp is fine.

But, I'm adding an Alternate esp for anyone who has passed the point in the MQ and can't get the cats. This esp will need a clean save if the original has been used, and is explained in a small info text included in the archive.

The cats now reside at Tirin Abbey. Also explained in the Info.

Please see the NOTE re animations below Compatibility.

DESCRIPTION:

This adds all six cats from my House cats mod for Oblivion to the Arcane Sanctum in Nehrim. They are in three different places in pairs. Two are in a farm stable, two are with Fluffy the dog to the left and the other two are on the first circle as you enter from the main road. BUT, they will wander, even down stairs, so you'll have to find them. There's a gap in the wall where Fluffy is and the cats may also wander through it.

See screen shot for where they should be if they haven't wandered off. They won't go far and you'll probably hear them meowing anyway.

There are six cats. White, grey, two black, ginger and tabby point. One of the black ones has a scar and a missing eye. He also has a Happa (the Japanese word for leaf, I believe) in his mouth.

They are strictly pets only and will flee (very fast) when there's a fight or danger approaches and will return when it's safe. They are meant to be taken to your house or for a stroll in the garden. Anywhere there's no danger.

They are Essential, have a small healing ability in case of accidents and are player owned, so they won't flee if you or friends hit them inadvertently. If they were not player owned and are you hit them they won't come near you again, like real cats, which would probably require deactivating the mod, making a clean save and reactivating it. I found that out in testing the original mod.

They are level 5 and don't level with the player. There are custom meow and purr sounds, as well as a bell sound, which I've attached to the activate script.

When you first activate each cat you'll receive it's summon spell which is a Lesser Power. This only happens once not every time you activate them. I know this means six summon spells, but there's no way around that as they are individual creatures.

Re stairs: They will climb small stairs, but if they get stuck they will teleport to you. Otherwise just summon them when you have the spells.

They have the sneak function I gave my Oblivion companions. This means that if you wish to take them into potentially dangerous areas they will sneak with you AS LONG AS YOU ARE SNEAKING AND ARE UNDETECTED. As soon as you're detected by an enemy or you come out of sneak mode in enemy territory they will flee and return when the danger has passed. If they have taken off through load doors and don't return just use the summon spell to get them back when it's safe. You may have to activate them to follow again if this happens.

I have them all following at once without the "Too many followers" message, but it may be different for you so you can take one at a time or two, whatever you like. I don't even know if that message appears in Nehrim anyway.

NAMES and COLOURS:

Echo - white

Cleo - black

Pepper - grey

Jazz - black with a missing eye, scar and leaf.

Misty - pale tabby Point

Oscar - ginger tabby

REQUIREMENTS:

Nehrim of course. I made this mod with the latest patch installed (1.0.9.1 EN). Whether it makes any difference I don't really know, but it shouldn't. Best to be patched anyway.

INSTALL:

Extract the archive to a temporary folder and check the folder structure if necessary. Then move the meshes, textures and sound folders, plus the esp to your Nehrim Data Directory. Activate the esp and go to the Arcane Sanctum.

UNINSTALL:

Examine the folders in the original archive to see which files to remove.

Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you load your game.

COMPATIBILITY:

There should be no incompatibility with any Nehrim mods, or itself, as far as I know.

NOTE: Since the Mountain Lion special anims were removed from the Nehrim esm I had to add them back in for this mod. This is so the cats will look around, wash their paws and crouch (Aware). Plus there is a second "wash" special idle I included from the resource that's not currently in my Oblivion mod. If I didn't re-add them the sounds, ie meow and purring, wouldn't work and it gives them character as well. I don't see why doing this should affect anything else in Nehrim because the anims are specific to these cats.

I also had to add all of the other mountain lion animations to the meshes\creatures\mountainlion folder as well because when I was pulling my hair out wondering why the special anims and sounds didn't work, (until I found they'd been deleted from the esm) they weren't animating in the CS. When I added the anims to the folders they worked, so I have to leave them there. That's why the extra files and I'm not doing it over again. It wasn't as easy as doing it in Oblivion's CS due to having to use Google Translate and a few other little things.

CREDITS and THANKS TO:

HISSSSA for the meshes, textures and sounds.

SavageArtistry for the new ginger and tabby point meshes and textures.

Bethesda for the game we love to mod and for the Construction Set.

Thank you to the Nehrim team for an awesome Total Conversion.

My own Simple Creature Companion Tutorial at SavageArtistry's forum and here at TES Alliance.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

I can be contacted by PM at SavageArtistry's Forum as Maigrets:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

Here at TES Alliance as Maigrets

Email: maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

LEGAL:

The holder of the files included in the 7Zip archive Maigrets House Cats Nehrim by Maigrets shall not redistribute, copy, or change the contents in any way except for personal use without my permission. To use resource files from this mod you must contact the original author, HISSSSA who is listed in my credits. This also applies to the new ginger and tabby point meshes and the textures created by SavageArtistry.

No alteration was made to the meshes. They are copies to accommodate the new textures.

This mod must not be uploaded anywhere else for any reason without contacting me.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.