DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Greenie's Nibenay Cabin

(3 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

Greenie's Nibenay Cabin

Requirements:

a patched up-to-date Oblivion

Shivering Isles.

=============================

This is a cabin I made for personal use that I've been tinkering with for a while, and finally decided it was time to just get it out there for anyone that might find it useful. If you're walking along the main road from Bravil to Leyawiin , you should see it off to your right, with the Ayleid ruin Bawn across the road.

Features:

There's a bed. You can sleep in it.

There's a roof over your head. Stay dry!

There are empty containers that are safe for stuffing with your crap. Never be burdened again.

There's a stable. Be nice to your pets.

There's an already working map marker. It's your home- of course you know where it is already.

There are functioning lights on the porch, for utility and cozy moodsetting. Thanks, Khettienna.

What there isn't: display cases, sorters of any kind, mannequins, crates of uber stuff, or a quest to earn this place. With the exception of sorters, which will be added in the COBL-ized version, there never will be, at least not by my hand. You can add them to your own copy for personal use, of course.

This house is pathgridded so companions shouldn't bug out ( walk into walls for hours, etc) too badly, but this house was also conceived of as a sort of rustic, whimsical home for my character, whose only companion at the time was a dog. Therefore, it's not the ideal choice for folks who use a lot of human companions. They have no place to sleep. However, any ranger-y, hermetic types should do all right. If a bed that sleeps two is really wanted, I can do that. Just PM me.

-------------------------------------------

Credits and Thanks:

Resources used:

"AST Paintings by Aisis" resource

"Garak's Booksets" resource

"HelBorne's Wallshelves" resource

"Jakhar's Pelagiad Tileset" resource

JDFan's Sheep Bookends (this was a resource released on the official forums, but nowhere else AFAIK.)

"Kalikut's Bed Replacer"

"Meo's Ayleid Clutter"

"Meo's Room Dividers"

"Grond's Cupboards"

Khetienna graciously agreed to landscape the house for me. Thanks, Lady! Details and credits for resources she used are as follows:

WellLC.nif --Retex of stock

Stable.nif --Retex of stock mashed w/ logs from Meo's Settlement Resource

Trough.nif --Stock mashed w/ Texian's Water Static

Woodpile.nif --Made by Lutur

LanternOff.nif --Retex of stock

LanternFreeOn.nif --Made by Trollf

LanternFreeOff.nif --Retex of above

RFDBowlStone.nif --Retex of stock w/ new UV

PlanterDirt.nif --Xia pillow, new UV mapping & stock texture

I retextured the vanilla fighters guild mat thingy using my recolor of a vanilla middleclass rug, and the framed Shivering Isles map using a lowerclass vanilla frame and an image of the ingame SI map.

Thanks to:

Khettienna for her beautiful landscaping work, and for being an amazing friend as well as an inspirational modder.

WhoGuru for pointing out some cheeky pathnodes that needed discipline, and for also being an amazing friend and kickass modder.

My wonderful friends who played this mod very early on and encouraged me to get it done: WhoGuru, Khettienna, Insanity Sorrow, Leydenne, and Yevic.

The folks at TESA. Champion encouragers and merry-makers, par excellence, and the best online community I've ever known.

Bethesda Softworks for sharing the Construction Set- a game unto itself.

Known conflict: Unique Landscapes: Bravil Barrowfields. A patch is pending if you'd rather not choose between them.

Legal Stuff

===================================================

I don't care what you do with this for personal use. If you use this mod as the basis for your own, my work is free to use as long as you credit me. All other resources in this mod are subject to the permissions policies of the authors. Get in touch with them first.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments