DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Replacement Main Menu Stuff 1.0

1 Screenshot

About This File

If you have the intro movies disabled in your Oblivion.ini, you may be tired of that same old parchment texture as your main menu background. I was, so I made this!

The image I have included will look and function best when used with Darnified UI, or any other UI mod that vertically aligns the main menu (see screenshot). You can very easily use your own; instructions below.

Don't have your intro movies disabled, but want to? Edit your ..My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini file like so:

SCreditsMenuMovie=

SMainMenuMovie=

SMainMenuMovieIntro=

SIntroSequence=

Basically, just delete whatever is after the equal sign on those four lines. You can also use Wrye Bash's ini tweaks tab to do this for you automatically.

==================================

THIS MOD AS A RESOURCE

==================================

Enclosed are dark-background-friendly edits of the Oblivion logo and blurred title (the final title was already crisp at the edges). Feel free to use and distribute these anyway you like for non-commercial purposes, such as if you want to clone this mod but with your own background image.

How to use your own image as the background:

1) Scale your image to size 2048x1024. If you prefer lower file size over higher quality, 1024x512 is fine also.

2) Save your image in .dds format using DXT1 compression with the file name "loading_background.dds".

3) Place the file in ..Oblivion\Data\Textures\Menus\Loading.

If your image editor doesn't support saving as .dds, grab Paint.NET for this task, as it will do it natively and with excellent quality. Or, if you already have Gimp or Photoshop, google search for the .dds plugins made for those programs.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.