DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Empty Imperial City 0.99

3 Screenshots

About This File

Click here for Discussion page.

This resource forms part of my WIP Knights of the Nine: Revelation mod. Since it could be useful to other modders, I've released it as a separate resource. It will be exclusive to TESA until KOTN:R is released.

Name: Empty Imperial City

Version: 0.99 Beta (should work fine, but only 5 hours of testing done at time of this writing)

Date: 26/01/2011

Category: Modder's Resource

Requirements: Oblivion Patch 1.2.0.416, Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE)

Author: Lanceor

Empty Imperial City - a modder's resource

=========================================

Ever wanted to completely trash the Imperial City? Any competent modder knows that deleting stuff throughout the IC will probably cause CTD's and corrupt savegames beyond repair. With this resource, you can now do it safely!

What is it?

==========

The entire Imperial City has been duplicated as nine new worldspaces, one for each district. You can alter ANYTHING in these new worldspaces without overwriting any vanilla references. Fill it with ninjas and stage a giant battle, replace all the buildings with gingerbread houses, turn the Imperial Palace into a football stadium - anything you want.

What's different in the Empty Imperial City?

============================================

- All doors were replaced with identical looking activators. (By default, they message "You can't open this door." when clicked though you can change it to anything you can script.)

- You can't fast travel into it (markers will be disabled on the player's map).

- All NPC's and Xmarkers were removed.

- All containers, clutter and pathgrids were left untouched.

- The script detects if the main quest has been completed and updates the Empty Temple District accordingly.

How do you activate the Empty Imperial City?

============================================

A sample script has been provided. You can use it as-is, modify it or copy/paste chunks of it into your other scripts, quest updates and dialogues.

aaaEICActivationScript is the main script and is currently a quest script. All you have to do is change one variable and the Imperial City updates automatically the next time the script runs:

Set aaaEICActivation.EICActivated to 1 if you want to ACTIVATE EIC

Set aaaEICActivation.EICActivated to 0 if you want to DEACTIVATE EIC

Once the Empty Imperial City is activated:

- Five new doors will be enabled in the Tamriel worldspace, covering up the original IC doors.

- The three (more accurately four) IC sewer entrances are disabled, replaced with activators.

- All IC Fast Travel Markers are disabled from the player's map.

A quest update can be used to explain why they player cannot fast travel to the IC e.g. "The city is under attack and I can't fast travel inside!"

Upon deactivating the Empty Imperial City, the above changes are reversed.

A testing spell is automatically added to your spell list so you can switch between the real and Empty imperial cities just by casting a spell. (Make sure you delete this before releasing your mod.)

Can I leave the Arcane University or Imperial Prison vanilla?

=============================================================

Yes, just delete the parts of the script that affect the University and Prison. You should also use a tool like TES4Edit to delete any changes to those two map markers. To reduce esp size, you should delete the alternative doors and the related wordspaces.

Can I leave other districts vanilla?

====================================

It can be done, but because the seven core districts are interconnected, more work will be required. You'll need to modify the doors between the districts and add more scripted replacement doors.

Install/Uninstall

=================

This resource consists of one esp that you can merge with your own esp. Using it as a dependency is not recommended.

Conflict data for modders

=========================

Edited vanilla references - The map markers for each district (total 9) were given names and their child statuses were removed.

Two of the sewer entrances were given names so that they can be called via script.

Disabled vanilla references - None initially. The Nine map markers and four sewer entrances are disabled upon activating EIC.

Deleted vanilla references - None

Known Issues or Bugs

====================

None known

Contact

=======

You can find me at TES Alliance, TESNexus and the Bethesda forums as "Lanceor".

Tools Used

==========

Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) - http://obse.silverlock.org/

TES4Edit - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11536

TES Construction Set 1.2 - http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/The_Elder_Scrolls_Construction_Set

Licensing/Legal

===============

Feel free to use this resource in your mod any way you see fit - there's no need to ask for permission. Mentioning me in the credits will get you lots of good karma.

What I ask that you don't do:

- Repackage it and label it as your own.

- Upload it to another server - I wish to be able to keep it updated and I can't keep track of it if it's uploaded to other places.

- Try to make money from it.

Coming Soon (hopefully)

=======================

Empty Tamriel! (if I can get all the bugs out)

What's New in Version 0.99

Released

• 26/01/2010 Release candidate uploaded to TESA.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments