DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Oblivion Centaur Project Alpha v0.1

(4 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The Oblivion Centaur Project

-----------------------------

v0.1 Alpha

==================

Authors & Credits

==================

Authors:

Da Mage

Koniption

PacificMorrowind

Credit to:

Amorilia – Bug fixing Blender animation exporters

Andrew Maneri - Oblivion Mount Project Animation Warper (OMPAW)

TheTalkieToaster – Varied NPC Skeletons

Reneer – Teaching me how to add dummy bones

Drake the Dragon – Animation help

scruggsywuggsy the ferret – Creating an OBSE function for me

==================

Details

==================

So now we have this first release alpha version of the Centaur project. This is not a complete version, it may be clunky to play with, and the install instructions to use it as playable are rather annoying. Now to what this version is about:

Features:

– Alpha Player Race. It is not perfect and you might find it rather clunky to use, but it does work.

– Majority of important animations have been completed

- Sneak mode isnt finished.

- First Person view uses Third Person animations, therefore it isnt perfect yet.

– Short guide on how to use as a resource.

– Only one colour centaur (chestnut)

- Centaurs can equip Boots/Greaves. They simply arent displayed, but you still get the effects.

- Centaurs have a "Humaniod Form" spell that allows them to take human form for 60 seconds.

What I don't want to hear about (they are on my to-fix list):

– The arms shouldn't moves when walking/running

– The strafe looks silly

This version is also intended to be used as a modders resource, however you must follow some rules when using it. You cannot merge the esm your mod, and you cannot include the centaur files within your mod's download. This has been done because this is far from the finaly version, and I dont want outdated versions floating around in other mods.

==================

Bugs & Glitches

==================

- Animations are still a bit clunky.

- Sneak mode isnt finished.

- Centaurs may fall apart on death. IF this happens, contact me! I need more info on this bug.

- First Person view uses Third Person animations

==================

Install

==================

First off, you install like any other mod, copy paste all files into your Oblivion\Data\ folder.

Resource:

If you intend to use this as a resource, you do not need to use the "TOCP - Playable Centaur.esp" plugin. You can delete or ignore that.

Playable:

If you want to have playable Centaurs, it gets a bit tricky. You need to activate both plugins, however when the "TOCP - Playable Centaur.esp" plugin is active you should only play centaur character, deactivate it again when you want ot play another race, a message will dispaly when you load Oblivion is Playable Centaurs is active. This is a limitation of the OBSE functions. You will also need a mod that lets you use custom races from with the prision. The Unoffical Oblivion Patch fixes this.

==================

Uninstall

==================

Delete the following:

Files:

TOCP.esm

TOCP - Playable Centaur.esp

Folder:

meshes\DMCentaur

If you try to load a game where your race is a centaur after unistalling, it will cause a crash.

==================

Contact

==================

Da Mage - By PM at TES Alliance or Bethesda Softworks Forums

Or just post in the thread at the Bethesda Softworks Forums

==================

Lisensing & Legal

==================

As stated, you cannot reupload any of the centaur files anywhere else, or within another mod. YOu can make plug-ins that use the TOCP.esm to add Centaurs to your mod, but you must link to The Centaur project and not include it within your mod files.

• Love This 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I love this mod! I think its great, but just a few things you need to know: One my centaur does fall apart on death and I have to load about 2 to 3 saves back to fix the problem because if I load the most current save, I'll still be apart. However if I load 2 to 3 saves back and then reload to the most current, everything is fine. Two, I've also noticed when my centaur collapses from exaustion (I use Realistic Fatigue), he will also fall apart when he hits the ground but about a second later he'll be put back together and everything is fine (plays normally). I'm thinking it has to do something with the falling animation or ground collision. Third, which I'm trying to figure out, sometimes in combat, my centaur will lock up in 3rd person view but in 1st person has a moving animation but is not at all moving. Currently the only way to fix this is load a recent save. This happens in bigger battles (more than 2 enemies) more often than 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 battles. It might be another mod, but I'm still looking at. Lovely mod though! I've started a new game to fully test out the mod though. Thanks for making this though and I can't wait to see this blossom!

I'm playing through the game with a playable centaur (and I've made it grullo rather than chestnut, thanks to NifSkope XD), and I love playing as a centaur. It's so freaking awesome. But I'd like to point out a few things in case they haven't been brought to your attention:

- There are a few spelling errors at the chargen screen - competent being one of them

- While playing a centaur character, if you buy a horse, then leave the building, the game will CTD every time.

- Mounting horses is possible, but you basically stand on top of it, and there is massive clipping if you do this. Perhaps disabling the mounts while playing a centaur would be an idea. I haven't yet tested this when using the humanoid form spell.

- There is no swimming animation - you can run or walk underwater. While hilarious, this looks weird.

- Like most custom race mods, the mod is incompatible with several eye mods, and I can't find a way to fix this by playing around with the meshes in the data file.

- The first person animations are of; when running or if you have a weapon drawn, you can see part of your torso and your neck.

- With this mod enabled, there is no floor in the testinghall. The added Example Centaur will continuously fall through the floor.

- The footstep sounds are those of feet or boots and not hooves. Though this may not be fixable without changing everyone's footstep sounds or a lot of tweaking.

- With something equipped in the tail slot (I think; I've got to double check that), the entire horse body disappears.

I appreciate this is still very much under development, but I thought I should point these things out. I shall continue testing it (and inevitably try to break the game :P) later on, and may be back with more feedback. An excellent mod :question: I can't wait for the horse armour.

~Captain

Thanks for the feedback!

- There are a few spelling errors at the chargen screen - competent being one of them

Didnt notice them, I'll run a spell check on it.

- While playing a centaur character, if you buy a horse, then leave the building, the game will CTD every time.

I dont think that my mod would ahve caused that, in the alpha I specifically avioded touching any of the horse mechanics until the scripts were finished and debugged.

- Mounting horses is possible, but you basically stand on top of it, and there is massive clipping if you do this. Perhaps disabling the mounts while playing a centaur would be an idea. I haven't yet tested this when using the humanoid form spell.

Already in the next update :question:

- There is no swimming animation - you can run or walk underwater. While hilarious, this looks weird.

Its on the to-do list.

- Like most custom race mods, the mod is incompatible with several eye mods, and I can't find a way to fix this by playing around with the meshes in the data file.

Not something I can do, its a bug with every custom race, a patch mod would have to be made to add the, in, and even it would get incompataible after an update because of how the CS and esps work.

- The first person animations are of; when running or if you have a weapon drawn, you can see part of your torso and your neck.

I havent made first person animations yet. And they arent on the list for a while. Just something you'll have to get used to.

- With this mod enabled, there is no floor in the testinghall. The added Example Centaur will continuously fall through the floor.

Fixed in the next update.

- The footstep sounds are those of feet or boots and not hooves. Though this may not be fixable without changing everyone's footstep sounds or a lot of tweaking.

Fixed in the next update.

- With something equipped in the tail slot (I think; I've got to double check that), the entire horse body disappears.

Fixed in the next update. Or rather, tail items wont be able ot be equipped.

One other thing I have noticed (sorry; I'm hogging your comments section here XD) is that if you cast your humanoid form spell while already IN humanoid form, the game will CTD.

On a related note, the spell lasts for 120 seconds, and not 60 seconds as shown by the above description.

Hello. I am very happy that this has now been released, but I have something that I hope could be implemented. The horses in the game will rotate on the X and Y axes on hills so that they are always level with the ground, but centaurs won't do this. They always have the same X and Y axis rotations; going up hills their rear legs will be in midair, and going down hills the rear legs will be inside the ground. I don't know if there is a way to fix this problem, but could you do this?

Also, you said to give more information on the falling apart bug. My character will fall apart in third person after getting up from being paralyzed, but if I go into first person everything looks normal. Saving, exiting to the main menu, and then loading that save fixes this. It also happens when I die and reload without exiting to the main menu first. I once killed a centaur enemy (from another mod) and he fell apart too.

Every time I try to make a new game after installing the mod it's messes up and crashes like as soon as the video of the emperor loads it crashes....help?

Other than the issues listed by other posters the only problems I see is the female centaurs horse section appear to be equiped with a stallion or geldings equipment rather than that of a mare. Other than that and a lack of swimming animations it looks like a good effort for an alpha project.

keep up the good work

Hi, Da Mage. I don't know if you are still working on that Oblivion Centaur mod but if you do, could you enplane me how to install it? I already read the instructions but when i put the TOCP files and meshes in my Data folder and i want to create a new game i cannot choose a Centaur, i only get the default Races? Could you please make an instruction video, or just explain it to me? Deems.

How the hell are you guys all installing this mod? I don't understand i did what it asked me to do, but i can't play a Centaur!

I have a friend I have doubts this mod however I enter the game and shows that it is active but I knew how to turn on him as a playable race could tell me how to active Please thank from now 

I have a friend I have doubts this mod however I enter the game and shows that it is active but I knew how to turn on him as a playable race could tell me how to active Please thank from now