DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Oblivion Centaur Project Alpha v0.1

(4 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The Oblivion Centaur Project

-----------------------------

v0.1 Alpha

==================

Authors & Credits

==================

Authors:

Da Mage

Koniption

PacificMorrowind

Credit to:

Amorilia – Bug fixing Blender animation exporters

Andrew Maneri - Oblivion Mount Project Animation Warper (OMPAW)

TheTalkieToaster – Varied NPC Skeletons

Reneer – Teaching me how to add dummy bones

Drake the Dragon – Animation help

scruggsywuggsy the ferret – Creating an OBSE function for me

==================

Details

==================

So now we have this first release alpha version of the Centaur project. This is not a complete version, it may be clunky to play with, and the install instructions to use it as playable are rather annoying. Now to what this version is about:

Features:

– Alpha Player Race. It is not perfect and you might find it rather clunky to use, but it does work.

– Majority of important animations have been completed

- Sneak mode isnt finished.

- First Person view uses Third Person animations, therefore it isnt perfect yet.

– Short guide on how to use as a resource.

– Only one colour centaur (chestnut)

- Centaurs can equip Boots/Greaves. They simply arent displayed, but you still get the effects.

- Centaurs have a "Humaniod Form" spell that allows them to take human form for 60 seconds.

What I don't want to hear about (they are on my to-fix list):

– The arms shouldn't moves when walking/running

– The strafe looks silly

This version is also intended to be used as a modders resource, however you must follow some rules when using it. You cannot merge the esm your mod, and you cannot include the centaur files within your mod's download. This has been done because this is far from the finaly version, and I dont want outdated versions floating around in other mods.

==================

Bugs & Glitches

==================

- Animations are still a bit clunky.

- Sneak mode isnt finished.

- Centaurs may fall apart on death. IF this happens, contact me! I need more info on this bug.

- First Person view uses Third Person animations

==================

Install

==================

First off, you install like any other mod, copy paste all files into your Oblivion\Data\ folder.

Resource:

If you intend to use this as a resource, you do not need to use the "TOCP - Playable Centaur.esp" plugin. You can delete or ignore that.

Playable:

If you want to have playable Centaurs, it gets a bit tricky. You need to activate both plugins, however when the "TOCP - Playable Centaur.esp" plugin is active you should only play centaur character, deactivate it again when you want ot play another race, a message will dispaly when you load Oblivion is Playable Centaurs is active. This is a limitation of the OBSE functions. You will also need a mod that lets you use custom races from with the prision. The Unoffical Oblivion Patch fixes this.

==================

Uninstall

==================

Delete the following:

Files:

TOCP.esm

TOCP - Playable Centaur.esp

Folder:

meshes\DMCentaur

If you try to load a game where your race is a centaur after unistalling, it will cause a crash.

==================

Contact

==================

Da Mage - By PM at TES Alliance or Bethesda Softworks Forums

Or just post in the thread at the Bethesda Softworks Forums

==================

Lisensing & Legal

==================

As stated, you cannot reupload any of the centaur files anywhere else, or within another mod. YOu can make plug-ins that use the TOCP.esm to add Centaurs to your mod, but you must link to The Centaur project and not include it within your mod files.

• Love This 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.