DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Maigrets - Sable the Panther Companion One

(2 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

Mod Name:

Maigrets - Sable the Panther Companion

Author:

Maigrets

Version:

One

DESCRIPTION:

Sable is a panther companion and can be found at Weye under the tree at the far side of the Inn if you're approaching from the IC. As soon as you enter the cell she's in she will start to wander but shouldn't go very far. If you can't find her look around the Inn or even down by the beach if you don't go straight to her as you enter Weye. If it's very dark at night her eyes will glow although this is most effective if using a darker nights mod.

She also has whiskers! And a collar.

Activate to Follow or to Wait. She will do what's necessary without further intervention. A Summon spell will be given to you on first activating so if she gets stuck, you can call her to you. This will be rare except perhaps in Ayleid ruins or anywhere there are small corridors.

Sable has a custom skeleton which is used for special animations other than the vanilla ones. However, at the moment they are not included, but may be in a later update if I get around to it.

She is Essential and levels with the player. She is also Player Owned so she won't attack you or friends. That can be changed in the CS if preferred, but I'm not going to do it.

I've added a Healing Ability which will help in heavy battles although she can still be knocked down. She also has Resist Magic and Poison because I've found some mods have enchantments and poisons which can have permanent effects and the only way to fix it is by rebooting the mod. I'm using Waalx Animals and Creatures and some of those beasts are pretty hard, so the Healing Ability isn't really that overpowered, but I might adjust it at some stage.

Sable will sneak when the player does. Obviously she won't crouch and sneak, but I have tested this extensively with her and my other fighting companions and it works well.

If you are sneaking you can get right up to an enemy, depending on YOUR skill before she will react, and only when you are detected. Then, she will attack all enemies.

She won't be getting chameleon in sneak mode. I don't think it's necessary.

Sable also has an intelligence of 30 so she can follow through load doors and for proper Fast Travel and will open gates and normal doors because of this. There are some Main Quest areas she will not follow through as is the case with most companions as far as i know, so just summon as necessary.

I don't do the Main Quest any more and haven't tested Oblivion Gates, so if you're going into a Gate, make her wait before going in and then call her. Do the same upon exiting just to be sure. There shouldn't be a problem as it usually, (or used to) affects companions with inventories and she doesn't have one. However, I don't use NPC companions, so I don't know if this is still true.

New world spaces are fine as I use her and my other companions successfully by using the same method which also means shivering Isles.

You can change her name if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on her and type -

setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes if more than one word. Close the console and save. Her name will remain the same in on screen messages and his Summon Spell though and can only be changed in her script.

REQUIREMENTS:

I have Shivering Isles installed but no assets from SI were used.

Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create my mod.

INSTALL:

Extract the 7Zip file to a temporary directory for best results. Move the meshes and texture folders plus the esp to your data folder. Check the esp in your data files menu or use your desired method eg OBMM and start your game.

UNINSTALL:

Remove the esp, meshes and textures from your Data folder. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you start your game.

COMPATIBILITY:

There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware.

CREDITS and THANKS:

Waalx for permission to use his panther files as well as the collar he made for another mod I have in progress and might finish one day.

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.

The CS Wiki and Bethsoft CS forum for various useful bits of information.

My Simple Creature Companion Tutorial. It can be found here:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/t129-my-simple-creature-companion-tutorial

CONTACT INFORMATION:

SavageArtistry's Forum:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

Waalx RealSwords Forum:

http://waalx.com/RealSwordsForum/index.php

TES Alliance (Don't take any notice in the Readme in the archive where I said the Alliance is down. I didn't think to try and access the site via the forum rather than the main page. :blush:

TES Adventures:

http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php

NOTE: Registration is required for all of the above.

LEGAL:

This mod must not be uploaded anywhere else for any reason whatsoever. No alterations except for personal use are permitted.

Translations are fine as long as I'm contacted first. Most of my companions have already been translated to other languages. I'd just like to know about it beforehand.

The resource files in this mod are not to be used without permission from Waalx.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Gorgeous! I never used to have animal companions before your mods (tried a fox once, but I'm not a ranger). Actually, I can't live without your little cats, Oscar is always with me heheheh :question: