About This File
Name: Insanity's Improved Armoury Compilation
Version: 1.21 FINAL
Source: TES Alliance
InsanitySorrow has created a large number of high-resolution texture and normal map replacers for stock armor and weapons, compiled two ways for your convenience.
The first package is a scripted OMOD that will allow you to install all the textures or choose only specific ones to install. This .omod can only be used or extracted by Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM).
The second package is a .7zip archive that contains the full compilation in one parent folder, so you can manually install the whole thing in the usual drag-and-drop-and-overwrite fashion. The alternate Elven and Glass textures are offered as well, in separate folders. This package is BAIN-friendly.
Both packages include all of InsanitySorrow's high-rez armor and weapon retextures to date:
Improved Armoury - Amelion Armor
Improved Armoury - Arena Champion
Improved Armoury - Ayleid Crown
Improved Armoury - Blackwater Cuirass
Improved Armoury - Blackwater Blade
Improved Armoury - Blackwood
Improved Armoury - Blades
Improved Armoury - Bloodworm Helm
Improved Armoury - Chainmail Armor
Improved Armoury - Chillrend
Improved Armoury - City Guards
Improved Armoury - Daedric Armor
Improved Armoury - Daedric Bracers
Improved Armoury - Daedric Weapons
Improved Armoury - Dark Brotherhood
Improved Armoury - Debaser
Improved Armoury - Dwarven
Improved Armoury - Ebony Armor
Improved Armoury - Elven Armor
Improved Armoury - Golden Elven
Improved Armoury - Fur Armor
Improved Armoury - Glass
Improved Armoury - Dark Green Glass
Improved Armoury - Darker Green Glass
Improved Armoury - Gray Fox Cowl
Improved Armoury - Imperial Dragon
Improved Armoury - Imperial Palace Cuirass
Improved Armoury - Imperial Watch
Improved Armoury - Iron
Improved Armoury - Leather
Improved Armoury - Legion
Improved Armoury - Legion Horseman Helm
Improved Armoury - Mithril Armor
Improved Armoury - Mythic Dawn
Improved Armoury - Orcish Armor
Improved Armoury - Pit Leather
Improved Armoury - Savior's Hide
Improved Armoury - Shield of the Thorn
Improved Armoury - Silver Weapons
Improved Armoury - Spellbreaker
Improved Armoury - Staff of Indarys
Improved Armoury - Steel
Improved Armoury - Thorn Blade
Improved Armoury - Witsplinter
Enhanced Normal Maps - Daedric
Enhanced Normal Maps - Daedric Artifacts
Enhanced Normal Maps - Dwarven
Enhanced Normal Maps - Ebony
Enhanced Normal Maps - Elven
Enhanced Normal Maps - Glass
Enhanced Normal Maps - Madness
Enhanced Normal Maps - Spellbreaker
BAIN (using the 7zip archive)
1) Move or copy the downloaded archive to your Bash Installers folder, no need to extract first.
2) From the Wyre Bash installers tab, select the archive on the left. Check the boxes on the right for Core Files and any alternate colors you wish to install.
3) Right-click on the archive on the left, and choose Install from the context menu.
OMOD (using the .omod)
1) Double-click the .omod file from within Windows Explorer. This will open OBMM and automatically add the .omod to OBMM.
2) Double-click the .omod from within OBMM to begin installation. Follow the prompts to select which content you want to install.
Manual (using the 7zip archive)
1) Extract the archive you downloaded to a temporary location.
2) Copy the contents of the "Core Files" folder to your ..Oblivion\Data folder. Click "Yes" to overwrite, if prompted.
3) Repeat step 2 for any of the alternate folders, if desired.
Wrye Bash and OBMM both handle ArchiveInvalidation for you, which is required for texture replacers such as this to take effect in-game. If you don't have either of those applications, please consult your internet search engine of choice for other solutions.
Right-click the archive from the Installers tab and choose Uninstall from the context menu.
Double-click the .omod from within OBMM to de-activate it.
Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.
Please contact InsanitySorrow @ TESAlliance with any inquiries.
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
Insanity's ReadMe Generator
What's New in Version 1.21 FINAL
- Packaging update to make things less confusing:
- If you need to only install portions of the compilation, or you favor OBMM over other install methods, download the .omod and install it with OBMM.
- If you want to install the whole compilation, if you do not use a mod manager, or you prefer BAIN, download the .7zip version.