Source: TES Alliance

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.416

=================

Description:

=================

InsanitySorrow has created a large number of high-resolution texture and normal map replacers for stock armor and weapons, compiled two ways for your convenience.

The first package is a scripted OMOD that will allow you to install all the textures or choose only specific ones to install. This .omod can only be used or extracted by Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM).

The second package is a .7zip archive that contains the full compilation in one parent folder, so you can manually install the whole thing in the usual drag-and-drop-and-overwrite fashion. The alternate Elven and Glass textures are offered as well, in separate folders. This package is BAIN-friendly.

Both packages include all of InsanitySorrow's high-rez armor and weapon retextures to date:

Improved Armoury - Amelion Armor

Improved Armoury - Arena Champion

Improved Armoury - Ayleid Crown

Improved Armoury - Blackwater Cuirass

Improved Armoury - Blackwater Blade

Improved Armoury - Blackwood

Improved Armoury - Blades

Improved Armoury - Bloodworm Helm

Improved Armoury - Chainmail Armor

Improved Armoury - Chillrend

Improved Armoury - City Guards

Improved Armoury - Daedric Armor

Improved Armoury - Daedric Bracers

Improved Armoury - Daedric Weapons

Improved Armoury - Dark Brotherhood

Improved Armoury - Debaser

Improved Armoury - Dwarven

Improved Armoury - Ebony Armor

Improved Armoury - Elven Armor

Improved Armoury - Golden Elven

Improved Armoury - Fur Armor

Improved Armoury - Glass

Improved Armoury - Dark Green Glass

Improved Armoury - Darker Green Glass

Improved Armoury - Gray Fox Cowl

Improved Armoury - Imperial Dragon

Improved Armoury - Imperial Palace Cuirass

Improved Armoury - Imperial Watch

Improved Armoury - Iron

Improved Armoury - Leather

Improved Armoury - Legion

Improved Armoury - Legion Horseman Helm

Improved Armoury - Mithril Armor

Improved Armoury - Mythic Dawn

Improved Armoury - Orcish Armor

Improved Armoury - Pit Leather

Improved Armoury - Savior's Hide

Improved Armoury - Shield of the Thorn

Improved Armoury - Silver Weapons

Improved Armoury - Spellbreaker

Improved Armoury - Staff of Indarys

Improved Armoury - Steel

Improved Armoury - Thorn Blade

Improved Armoury - Witsplinter

Enhanced Normal Maps - Daedric

Enhanced Normal Maps - Daedric Artifacts

Enhanced Normal Maps - Dwarven

Enhanced Normal Maps - Ebony

Enhanced Normal Maps - Elven

Enhanced Normal Maps - Glass

Enhanced Normal Maps - Madness

Enhanced Normal Maps - Spellbreaker

=================

Installation:

=================

BAIN (using the 7zip archive)

1) Move or copy the downloaded archive to your Bash Installers folder, no need to extract first.

2) From the Wyre Bash installers tab, select the archive on the left. Check the boxes on the right for Core Files and any alternate colors you wish to install.

3) Right-click on the archive on the left, and choose Install from the context menu.

OMOD (using the .omod)

1) Double-click the .omod file from within Windows Explorer. This will open OBMM and automatically add the .omod to OBMM.

2) Double-click the .omod from within OBMM to begin installation. Follow the prompts to select which content you want to install.

Manual (using the 7zip archive)

1) Extract the archive you downloaded to a temporary location.

2) Copy the contents of the "Core Files" folder to your ..Oblivion\Data folder. Click "Yes" to overwrite, if prompted.

3) Repeat step 2 for any of the alternate folders, if desired.

Wrye Bash and OBMM both handle ArchiveInvalidation for you, which is required for texture replacers such as this to take effect in-game. If you don't have either of those applications, please consult your internet search engine of choice for other solutions.

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

BAIN

Right-click the archive from the Installers tab and choose Uninstall from the context menu.

OMOD

Double-click the .omod from within OBMM to de-activate it.

Manual

Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

=================

=================

Please contact InsanitySorrow @ TESAlliance with any inquiries.

=================

Credits:

=================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

Photoshop

Usage Permissions

You may use this as you wish in your own mods, but you must credit InsanitySorrow for his work. Please do not re-host this file without InsanitySorrow's explicit permission.

What's New in Version 1.21 FINAL

Released

• Packaging update to make things less confusing:
  • If you need to only install portions of the compilation, or you favor OBMM over other install methods, download the .omod and install it with OBMM.
  • If you want to install the whole compilation, if you do not use a mod manager, or you prefer BAIN, download the .7zip version.

User Feedback

Is it just me or does anyone else get a bunch of files and folders with no extensions when they un-zip this archive? I'm using 7-Zip, and basically when I open the folder nothing has an extension, for instance the Readme file has no .txt after it. When I added .txt I was able to open the file and read it as normal.

Any idea if this is me or whether there's an issue with the archive... or what? Thanks.

Share this comment

Update - apparently the OMOD version of this is not supposed to be a .zip file. But it is. So I'm guessing that's the issue.

Share this comment

So what are the proper file extensions? My OMM can't figure out what to do with it, so i tried to do it manually and no file extensions. I'd really like to use this mod, its really a pain to go through each pack one by one.

Share this comment

Great mod, but one problem. I load it up with OBMM, I activate all of the improved retextures, load up Oblivion, but instead of the shiny, pretty Insanity Sorrow textures, all of the armors that should look great are muddy and defiantly not good looking. Did I skip something somewhere, any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Share this comment

Yeah... this isn't working for me. I get a omod with files inside that don't have their extensions. Because of that Nexus Mod Manager or OBMM either freezes (NMM) or doesn't do anything with the files (OBMM).

I'd really like to use this if I can get it working

Share this comment

I been looking for overhauled cloths and armor everywhere,this is great overhaul,kudos.

Share this comment

First of: Great Mod!

I got a problem though, if I look at for example at the deadric armor, it doesn't look like the pictures at all, it's all muddy and really not pleasant to look at.

Has somebody got a solution for this problem?

As far as I can tell, I haven't made any mistakes during install. I've use the OMOD, clicked on it and installed it and of course activated it.

I'm glad for any help :)

Share this comment

First of: Great Mod!

I got a problem though, if I look at for example at the deadric armor, it doesn't look like the pictures at all, it's all muddy and really not pleasant to look at.

Has somebody got a solution for this problem?

As far as I can tell, I haven't made any mistakes during install. I've use the OMOD, clicked on it and installed it and of course activated it.

I'm glad for any help :)

Sorry,i was wrong to quote you(i have no answer to your question)i'm simply clicked on "quote" by mistake.Hi

Share this comment

Wish I could download this pack. Ive tried probably 150 time no joke and they all fail about halfway. It's not my internet...Could some one who has the permissions please post this to Oblivion Nexus? I have seriously tried so many times its crazy(over 150 not joking, around 7 hours of trying on 2 PCs). I even tried downloading and using other 2 download tools and everything to get this file and still no luck. Please If you have the ok from authors please could you please upload to Nexus? I searched around and it seems TES Alliance is giving other people hard time with this pack too. Please Please Pleas upload to Nexus if your able. Cant wait to check it out if I ever get to ;)

Edited by Kharloar

Share this comment

I would be okay with either version, I would probably prefer the zip so I can install myself. I made it to 71% just a min ago  then it failed again lol

Share this comment

I was able to grab the .7z version in just a few short minutes...... No problems.

Another member was having issues, and it was suggested they use a download manager..... and that worked. Not sure which one they used though. (and there are a bunch of 'em out there....

Share this comment

Hmmm what browser are you using by chance?

Its been getting to around 70% then goes dead for about 4 times in a row now. I just installed Chrome so trying that out..

Edited by Kharloar

Share this comment

Thats what I normally use, no luck switching to chrome either. It's not that it goes slow, it just dies out every time. Not sure whats going on. I can download just fine from say Nexus and my internet is fine. Can you unzip the pack you downloaded? Like it actually finished downloading? I'm just going to keep trying I guess but would be nice if there was a mirror or something. Also started keeping track at 13,716 so as I continue to try you can guess how many times Ive tried as it goes up lol

Edited by Kharloar

Share this comment

Are you sure that your download completed not just stopped and it showed a zip folder and you just figured it finished? Is there some kind of weird download limit set to like 600-700MB? They all die right then and just now I had 6 going at once then they all died at the same time around 120-140MB. I know this site is old but really what is up? Please some one upload to Nexus so people looking for this pack don't have to use this broken website.

Share this comment

Day three of trying... Oh well..

Edited by Kharloar

Share this comment

If someone could maybe upload this to like a file share site a and PM a link that would be a life saver. I cant get this to download. Tried 3 download manager(not including one named TES Alliance down loader that was just spyware city and was fun getting rid of). Tried about 200-300 times downloading from various browsers, 4 different PCs and 2 ISPs... Deleted around 20 Gigs of failed downloads(that was just one dump from one session)... Something is up with this site. Maybe some weird limit on new members or something? Maybe the moderators have a back end sign in that's allowing them to download so it seems like its working? I have no idea just want this file so someone please rip it and send me a PM I wont share it or anything just want to use this pack for the love of the nines. I'm going to push this file to 14K downloads, If that number were relisted as "completed" downloads it would probably read more like 5-6K.. I get it the site old and out of date and there's barely money to keep the lights on, well I can see why honestly. The site hardly works so of course no one is going to use it.

Edited by Kharloar

Share this comment

I'm not a moderator and I've had no trouble downloading anything. There may well be an issue with the site (maybe a timeout issue or something similar), but that wouldn't cause a broken download if there wasn't some issue on your end too. You just need a good download manager that has support for resuming broken downloads. The one that the others were using was Free Download Manager, which you can get at http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/. I used this in the past when I had unstable internet. I wouldn't bother with browser plugin download managers. I've never found one that was particularly good. Also, if you have access to Linux, use wget which should be installed by default. It's a commandline app but there's nothing better for this kind of thing IMHO.

Edited by RabidGears

Share this comment