DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Maigrets Pet Sheep - A Requested Mod One

(0 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

MOD NAME:

Maigrets Pet Sheep - A requested mod

VERSION:

One

UPDATE: 15th March 2011

Thanks to Mondstein at TES Adventures, we now have a pink sheep as was originally requested.

Lullaby has a pink body and white legs. She also has a white collar and bow. The collar clips a little when she's moving forward, but there's not much can be done about that. The neck is too thick and short and would require more work.

Preferably you should remove anything you have stored in the chest and deactivate the first version. Make a clean save, then install and activate the new sheep and continue on. It's basically only a cosmetic change as no scripts or packages have been altered and it should also work if you simply replace the existing files, but to be sure I would do a clean save.

Full credits added at the bottom of this Readme.

I've left the old file in case anyone prefers the default sheep.

DESCRIPTION:

This mod was requested by Moonkitty6 who wanted a pet sheep as a companion. Unfortunately, I am unable to supply the whole request, primarily the pink sheep texture and ribbon around the neck. I don't do textures or create new meshes which would be needed for the ribbon. I did include a few extras in the form of a sheep yard and a couple of extra respawning sheep among some other little things. It's all vanilla content so the mod is just an esp. Nothing fancy.

The name, Lullaby, and the location were part of the request. Someone else might like the mod so I decided to upload it. It's actually quite cute really.

Lullaby can be found near the Cheydinhal Stables in her own enclosure with two extra sheep for company. They are just for atmosphere and will respawn if "accidents" happen. There is a bedroll and a Safe Storage chest for player use. NPC's can't use or steal from the chest as I made it player owned.

When I say the sheep will be in their yard...sometimes they will be wandering outside and you can blame Lullaby for that. I gave her 30 Intelligence like my other companions so there are no problems with fast travel and loading doors, so she will also open her own gate, (and others.)

I adjusted the pathing inside the enclosure so they don't try to walk into the fence and through the walls, plus I raised the ground a tiny bit behind the shed. I did that because otherwise the player was unable to get to the bedroll because the entrance was too low and I had to also raise the shed itself.

The companion is a pet only using the same AI as the vanilla sheep which means running from danger, but she will return to you when it's safe. She's player owned so no retaliation if you hit her.

She has the same scripts and packages as my other companions, ie will sneak with you, activate to follow and stay etc. Also has the same small Healing Ability as well as Resist Poison and Magic to offset some effects that can become permanent in Essential companions, which she is.

You will receive a Summon Spell on first activation in case she gets lost or you want to leave her somewhere and call her back later. Magical sheep!

I was going to add custom sounds because I couldn't recall ever hearing any of the game sheep going Baaa! but they actually do if you stay around them long enough, so I decided not to.

You can change her name if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on her and type -

setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes if more than one word. Close the console and save. However, her name will remain the same in on screen messages and her Summon Spell. That can only be changed in her script and the spells.

INSTALL:

Extract the 7Zip file to a temporary directory for best results. Move the esp, meshes and textures folders to your data folder. Check the esp in your data files menu or use your desired method eg OBMM and start your game.

UNINSTALL:

Uncheck the esp and remove from your Data folder. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you start your game.

COMPATIBILITY:

There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware unless another mod alters the area directly next to the Cheydinhal Stables house on the city side.

CREDITS:

Mondstein for creating the pink sheep. Thank you.

Hentai for the bow

HSSSSA for the collar

Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.

My Simple Creature Companion Tutorial. It can be found here:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/t129-my-simple-creature-companion-tutorial

The Tutorial is also here at TES Alliance. I keep forgetting I put it here. :lol:

CONTACT INFORMATION:

SavageArtistry's Forum:

http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

TES Alliance

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?

TES Adventures:

http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php

NOTE: Registration is required for all of the above.

Email:

maigrets55@yahoo.com.au

NOTE: This does not mean I'm taking requests for the sake of it. I've already done a number of requests, released and private and it depends on if I like the idea or not before I'll do it. Try my tutorial first if you like my companion system and would like a companion with good AI and simple commands without menus.

PERMISSIONS:

I'd prefer this mod was NOT uploaded anywhere besides where I host it myself. If anyone takes an interest and wants to translate it, that's fine. I'd like to know though just for my own interest.

What's New in Version One

Released

• UPDATE: 15th March 2011
  • Thanks to Mondstein at TES Adventures, we now have a pink sheep as was originally requested.
  • Lullaby has a pink body and white legs. She also has a white collar and bow. The collar clips a little when she's moving forward, but there's not much can be done about that. The neck is too thick and short and would require more work.
  • Preferably you should remove anything you have stored in the chest and deactivate the first version. Make a clean save, then install and activate the new sheep and continue on. It's basically only a cosmetic change as no scripts or packages have been altered and it should also work if you simply replace the existing files, but to be sure I would do a clean save.
  • Full credits added at the bottom of this Readme.
  • I've left the old file in case anyone prefers the default sheep.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.