DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Nexus 1

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Name: The Nexus

Version: 1.1

Date: 3/18/2011

Category: Dungeons

Author: Vouivre

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.416

=================

Description:

=================

The Nexus, a place where lost souls are sent. Whether you were a benevolent soul, or

a walking devil, your time may come to enter the realm. Few souls make it out, and

those that do are never the same. For the lucky few who manage to return to the real

would, life is forever changed. It is for a second chance, after this. You have no

more chances. Welcome to your new home, or perhaps is it your prison?

=================

Details:

=================

The Nexus is a 5 part mod, players will enter the nexus first. This will be your

hub for your time here. I added storage and spellmaking and enchanting alters for

later use. As well as a bed to use. Afterall, you maybe spending more time here

than you want. From here on there will be spoilers. Do not read further.

Things to bring:

Your wits

Torch- Best for keeping the ambiance of the dungeon.

Repair hammers, healing items, weapons and an empty backpack.(Try using the Chests in

storage? -hint hint-)

Warning: This is not for those whom get anxiety easily, are on edge, do not like some

mildly disturbing images. As well as surprises. Also this is not for those who may

dislike possibly "overpowered" bosses. The boss in question may possibly become more

powerful in future versions if he is too easy. He did give me some issue around level

70. If needbe, I will scale up each of these boss encounters even further to increase

difficulty to reach the goal I wish.

First and foremost. some parts will be very difficult. This is on purpose, you wanted

to get close to death this once for glory and you'll be sent here the first time it

happens. At low levels this does not seem like much, I set the threshold at 50 health. later on I may do a percentage. At higher levels(which is advised in which you should be when you do this) that 50 hp really does feel like you're on death's door. And it WILL be death's door against certain bosses within the dungeons.

Upon entering the Nexus, it's a straight foreward path On the stairs, there is no

collision boxes. So if you fall. Good luck. Once you are at the main platform

(you'll know it when you see it) You'll have to pick a door. There's no real order

but it's advised to go in a certain order for ease of play. The order this is

written is the recommended order I advise.

Forgotten Fane:

This ancient fane has been long forgotten over the eons. It's lights are gone, treasures looted and the overwhelming sense of solitude and the coldness is all throughout. Though peaceful and serene, one has to realize, anything could be lurking in the dark unlit areas. The uncertainty and the thought of being alone, isolated. (No pathgridding, so no companions please, it kills the effect really) Bringing a torch would be a good idea as you'll have little lighting to go by. When you finish going through the first level, you'll end up in the grand hall. Just go find the orb and activate it to recieve the Essense orb. You will then be brought back to the Platform you were just on.

You have two choices(ideally), Halls of Blood, or the Tower of Ordeals. Both are simple.

Halls of Blood:

In this ruined fort you'll find the ambiance is just as dark, forboding, but now

you have enemies to deal with. Vampires, you'll have to face a small number, nothing

severe. However lighting maybe an issue as will visibility. Mist, smoke and fog hang

within the air. Not to mention lighting is poor and who knows where the vampires will

strike from. Afterall the night and dark are their element. Just go down to the

bottom and recieve the essense orb.

Tower of Ordeals:

Simple Oblivion Tower, just go up the levels kill daedra that are in your way

and activate the orb. No real surprises here. Just a little extra enemies you

may have to fight. Again you'll be brought back to the nexus upon recieving

the essense.

Prisons and the Grand hall:

This section will be the most difficult. Not only do you have to crawl up the prison

from the bottom most level enduring darkened hallways, Gods only know what lurks in

the cells. You'll have to endure, enemies as well. There are plenty of cells in which

may hold treasure, enemies or both. A chance of scripted events in which you maybe

locked in a cell, without a key having to face an enemy and kill it to unlock the door. This is not all. After going through the three levels, including the barracks. You will be in the castle's hall itself. This is where things will get interesting. Go down the stairs and get close enough to one of the braziers, and it will light up all by itself. Perhaps someone is expecting you...

When you reach the main hall. This is where the true trials begin. Six beautiful

statues line the hall, expertly made... why they're so lifelike you could almost

swear that they moved. Get too close and you'll find out that they are alive and

willing to kill. It is strongly advisable NOT to run straight through and trigger

all of them. Could get ugly quickly. Now going through this gauntlet of statues

you'll approach a final one. Get close enough and you'll be healed, move closer

and you may see the final orb in reach. (or not if you did this earlier) But the

owner of the castle shows himself. This lich is incredibly powerful buffed up

significantly health wise as well as spells. Here you can do two things, run get

the orb and hope to be free before he kills you. Or kill the lich. Here's the fun

with the lich. You can go full on combat, or for the sake of showing mercy. You find

his phylactary and activate it (to destroy) and kill the lich. You'll be free to loot

as you wish.

Once all four orbs are retrieved you'll be sent back to the living world. Orbs removed

and given two spells. One to return to the Nexus and the other to return to the spot

where you ended up after getting all four orbs.

Now why would you want to go back to the Nexus? When the cells reset(which they should),

you will be able to run through them again and get the end chest rewards. A constant

ability to run through the gauntlet over and over to collect the rewards. The fire

level will give sigil stones. The blood level will give vamp loot and dust, fane level

magic loot. and the castle undead boss loot. Including the staff from the dead lich.

=================

Installation

=================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data

folder.

2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file(s).

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).

2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

=================

Upgrade:

=================

Just over write the esp with the new one. It's all vanilla objects and plain scripts.

=================

Incompatibility:

=================

Any afterlife mods out there that do the same thing. Anything that may alter the

waterfront district. There shouldn't be any issues, just an x marker but I don't

know of anything which effects the ground levels in the spot the marker is in.

If there is any problems let me know and I'll make a quick change for your specific

problem. Also are some issues with two vanilla quests I don't advise getting close

to death when those quests are going. This involving the One with Henantier, do not

not get to the threshold point. Also if you do the molag bal(I think) where you HAVE

to die I advise do not let this run during those points. Aside from those two quests

there should not be an issue. If I can find means to get around this, I will update

as needed.

=================

Known Issues:

=================

Nothing game breaking really should occur. The enabling and disabling of the orbs

maybe delayed. Simple issue with the engine's scripts I guess. Anything Script

related maybe an issue as well.

=================

=================

You may contact me at either TES Nexus, the official forums or TESA for any questions,

If you plan on bellyaching about it being too hard. Don't bother.

=================

Credits:

=================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

Aoikani for Creature Statue scripts which were used for the statues

WillieSea For helping clear things up for me

TESA for their support and hosting this first and formost

My own deranged mind

Green Tea for keeping me going

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

Elderscrolls Construction Set

=================

Licensing/Legal:

=================

You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me

credit if you distribute any part of this mod. I would also like to know what mods are

including my work.

Notes from the Author:

This started as a project for my Level Design College Class, but like anything I do, it eventually becomes a mod to be released. It had been a fun and interesting thing to work on, and tested my scripting skills, pushing them further. I hope everyone enjoys playing this as much as I enjoyed building it.

I hope you enjoy my latest creation :bow:

What's New in Version 1

Released

• Ver. 1 Initial Release
  • Ver 1.1a Changed quest script, and fixed healing scripts.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.