DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Shadow's Rest Cottage 1.0

(1 review)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Well, I've been on holiday for a week, with no internet and no access to my ongoing projects, so I started this little new one; a totally vanilla house to be created in a week. Well, it almost was, and I'm happy enough. This is the part where I shamelessly paste in the readme so I don't need to think of anything new to write XD . Well, have fun!

Name: Shadow's Rest Cottage

Version: 1.0

Date: 16/04/2011

Category: Houses

Author: The-Manta

Source: TESAlliance

=================

Requirements:

=================

Oblivion 1.2.416

=================

Description:

=================

Adds a comfortable yet modest, entirely vanilla home on the Orange Road near Chorrol. It is focused more on charm and character than functionality, so hardcore players may find it lacking. I hope the more casual players, though, will enjoy it.

=================

Details:

=================

The house is located just south of Shadow's Rest Cavern (hence the name) on the orange road a little way out from Chorrol. There is a fast travel marker which, when you first load the mod, will be visible, but not available for travel- you must go there manually the first time.

The house is right on the road, you can't miss it, and it has a charming garden and small porch/deck and a balcony overlooking the falls. Inside is a kitchen/dining room, bedroom/study and attic room, which contains an empty bathtub, guest bed, and 3 activatable bedrolls. There is (I hope) plenty of safe storage in the house. Also, there are 3 unique plants in the house, which yield unique ingredients, as well as a diary that explains the house's history. You will find the key to the house in a little sack next to the steps, on your left as you face the door.

Note that an Imperial Horseman spawns in the same cell as the house, so if you often have a high bounty, this house may not be ideal. I would have a voided this if I had noticed in time, but I didn't.

=================

Installation

=================

1. Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Oblivion's Data

folder.

2. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, and enable the .esp file(s).

=================

Un-Installation:

=================

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).

2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

=================

Incompatibility:

=================

None known, please point out any you come across. I am slightly concerned that the presence of the horseman spawn in the cell may make this mod play badly with mods that alter the horsemen, but this is speculation.

=================

Known Issues:

=================

None

=================

=================

The-Manta at TES Alliance, TES nexus or Oblivions Real Estate (although I'm not on there often).

=================

Credits:

=================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.

Thanks to InsanitySorrow for his ReadMe Generator this file is based on.

Thanks to everyone at TES Alliance for their continued help and support.

Special thanks to:

Trollf and AliTheLord for scripting help.

Beana for her enthusiastic support.

Greenwarden and WhoGuru for a huge amount of inspiration from their mods.

AndalayBay, Lady_Nerevar and HeyYou for proofreading the diary.

If I missed anyone I am truly sorry!

=================

Tools Used:

=================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator

Elderscrolls Construction Set

TES4Gecko

=================

Licensing/Legal:

=================

You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod. I would also like to know what mods are including my work.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I already endorsed your lovely little house on TES-Nexus. Thanks again here!

As to the windows: Yes, scripted lighting would be perfect, no beams, only some light on at daytime and off at night. In my own houses I had scripted lighting since my very first house, because I like it realistic.

Thank you for this juwel!