DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Duke Patricks - Basic Combat Training 2.2.3

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Duke Patricks - Basic Combat Training

2.2.3 Script checks to see if you are using H2H and then will raise Brutis's H2H so he will use H2H and not his sword. And then will switch back his skill levels if you switch to any weapon.

Rev 2 Added a few more lines of dialogue to reduce some of the pop up messages. Scripted the AI to make the trainer go into a defense mode while he waits for you to put away your weapon after he halts the sparring. It is not perfect (he may still swing once in a while) but it is way better than vanilla Oblivion where you would get hit constantly as you put away your weapon. Removed my excessive scripting to handle the disposition, I realize it was not needed and only added complexity. Plus a few various bug fixes.

You can yield to the trainer and save game (keep) all your training before dying!

The purpose of this mod was to serve ME and MY game!

With all the Duke Patrick Combat mods loaded going outside of the city was suicide if you did not know how to defend yourself properly. So Brutis is intended to get you up to an intermediate level of combat, then you can leave the city and have a chance to survive and progress your combat skills the "long way".

This is more realistic than a someone diving into monster infested caves and dungeons with no real combat training.

Intermediate level is defined as ONE of your combat skills reaching 50. After that Brutis will not train you anymore.

KNOWN ISSUE: the script to detect if you drink potions is not working yet.

This mod needs to be loaded after "Let the People Drink" (and most likely any other mod editing the

Arena District) because of path grid issues. Loaded before, Brutus is outside of the training area and this causes problems with the functioning of the mod.

Rules Of Basic Combat Training: No magic is to be used not even health spells. No enchanted weapons. Only Melee weapons. No range weapons are to be used. No poisons are allowed. The trainer will require 40 gold coins per bout.

Always remember the trainer is your superior (for the time being anyway) and he is taking it easy on you so that you can learn.

You will be admonished for weak and ineffectual blows with a pop up message, this will get annoying to both you and the trainer (- 1 to disposition each time this happens) and no I will not change this so please do not ask me about it. It is intended to be unpleasant feedback as part of the training. Just like you are being yelled at by a drill instructor.

So be mindful of your fatigue as you fight. The trainer will not start any lesson no mater how much you pay them if their disposition is too low.

Every time you throw a blow that the trainer blocks you will get a raise in your weapon skill level increment ( 1 out of 100 ).

If you land a blow (the trainer dose not block it) you get 5 out of 100 increments. Each attack you block you receive 5 out of 100 increments for your block skill.

If you win the bout with the trainer your chosen weapon and block skill will be raised 10 out of 100 increments. Either Block or Blunt, depending on what weapon your are using at the time.

Each time you reach 100 increments in Block or Blunt or Blade your skill level will go up 1 out of 100. You can see this in your attributes menu. Eventually your skill level (blunt block or blade) will be too high for this basic training to do you any good. At that time you should say goodbye to the trainer and unload the mod.

Do not download this mod unless you understand that I made this mod for my own use!

I have stated a new PC (who cannot fight her way out of a potato sack) as a result of my computer crash and reformat, and I wanted a Minimalistic mod for melee weapons practice.

All the other practice mods I tried either had too many issues to run reliably or was too convoluted (IMO) for such a simple thing as melee practice.

I will try to fix bugs if any are that bad, but I have no time to "improve" this mod with more features.

However If anyone has scripting that will detect potion drinking (but not food) I would gratefully use it and give you your due credit.

Load order is not important for this mod, and the only way (I know of at this time)

it could conflict with another mod is if that other mod my NPC from showing up in the arena district. In that case load my mod after the conflicting mod.

If the mod will not work for you please just delete it from your PC and look for one of the other mods made for combat practice.

REQUIREMENTS

------------------------

OBSE 20 or better needed.

Legal

-----------------

Do not re-upload this mod to any other place on the net!

Do not make it available in any way other than where I have uploaded it.

Modders may "adapt" my work as long as you do not take the credit for

all the creative work I did to get this mod to work in this unique way.

(I.E, credit me fully for the way the mod works). And only if you make your mod

different enough to provide an alternative for players that would not otherwise use my mod.

AND it must not conflict with thi mod.

I.E do not make a disguised knock off!

THANKS TO

-----------------

Reneer the �Guard Guru�. Without Reneer�s insightful help and his script to wrangle the guards this mod would not be nearly as sweet as it is now.

The OBSE team, what would Oblivion be today without their work?

And of course Bethesda for allowing all of us to shape and personalize our own virtual playgrounds!

They deserve every coin the get for this game!

For the most advanced SCA combat with sword and shield:

http://www.spookyfx.com/book/tromp.html

What's New in Version 2.2.3

Released

• 2.2.3 Script checks to see if you are using H2H and then will raise Brutis's H2H so he will use H2H and not his sword. And then will switch back his skill levels if you switch to any weapon.
  • 2.2.1 Reduced Bruits ability to dish out damage to work with Duke Patrick's Melee Combat Mod.
  • Rev 2.2 reduced Brutis H2H skill so he will not only fight H2H.
  • rev 2.1 Revised to work with my new mod Duke Patrick's Melee Combat mod. And now includes Hand to hand training.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.