DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

NifSE 1.1

(0 reviews)

About This File

NifSE, allowing dynamic mesh modification in Oblivion scripts!

NifSE is a modder's resource, an OBSE plugin that brings the functionality of the NifTools team's incredible Niflib to Oblivion scripters. NifSE allows scripters to read and modify nif files during the game through scripts, and does so without changing any files on your harddrive or writing any permanent data to the disk!

Deadly Reflex Patch (if you use Deadly Reflex 6, READ THIS!)

Deadly Reflex 6 was originally made using NifSE b:2, which was not a full release version and b:3 broke backwards-compatibility with it, ultimately leading to DR6 not being compatible with NifSE v1.0 final.

If you want to use DR6, therefore, you must get the Deadly Reflex 6 — NifSE v1.0 Compatibility Patch. Many thanks to HeX_0ff for making the patch!

NifScript (if you use Unnecessary Violence, READ THIS!)

NifSE is the successor to NifScript, which can still be downloaded in the Files section. However, the old NifScript is badly out of date, and can cause serious problems (crashes, extraneous files being written to your harddrive, etc.). For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you install NifSE (either the latest version if you do not use Deadly Reflex 6, or beta 2 if you do), and then also install the NifScript DUMMY dll so that Unnecessary Violence can find the NifSE functions. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE NifScript DUMMY INSTALLED, UNNECESSARY VIOLENCE WILL NOT WORK!

Questions, Comments, Suggestions, and Bug Reports

I DO NOT CHECK THE TES ALLIANCE COMMENT SECTION VERY OFTEN

Full instructions for bug reports are found in the Readme; please read it. I need certain information in order to help you, and you need to put it somewhere that I will see it - which is not the Comments section here.

For other issues - comments, suggestions, questions, etc., please see the thread on the official Elder Scrolls Forums; a search for NifSE should turn up the latest thread. Alternatively, my e-mail - provided in the readme - may always be used.

Thanks and the like here on TESA are, of course, appreciated, and I do try to read the Comments section occasionally. It's just not a good place for anything urgent (like a bug report).

AGAIN, BUG REPORTS IN THE TES ALLIANCE COMMENTS SECTION MAY BE MISSED! BUG REPORTS WITHOUT BOTH obse.log AND NifSE.log MAY BE IGNORED!

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

• Minor bugfix: a % in the filename of a BSA no longer causes NifSE to crash.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.