DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Duke Patrick's - Bottle Shoot Archery Practice REV 1.1

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Duke Patricks - Minimalistic Bottle Shoot Archery Practice

OBSE 20 or better needed.

Get the empty TARGET PRATICE bottles at the Archer's paradox in Bravil. There will be a few sitting on the counter. They are FREE for customers. Just grab them into your inventory.

Place them on the ground or on a table or tree stump or rock or what ever...

Shoot at them with your bow ….ANY BOW…. ANY ARROW!!!

The further you are away from the bottles the more points you will get.

Once you reach 3600 points your marksmanship level advance in the same way as if you had made a kill with your bow.

If you are a hard core immersionist make sure you do not have any TARGET PRACTICE bottles in your inventory as you shoot. This way you can go chasing your bottles around to collect them after each shot.

If you are not that hardcore then simply be sure you have at least ONE target practice bottle in your inventory as you shoot and the bottles will reset themselves back into position (most of the time).

Make sure you do not bunch up the bottles too close to each other and not in a line from your perspective (to and fro), otherwise the script might get confused and may not reward you if you hit the bottle you aimed at. As long as the bottles are about 2 feet from each other and aligned horizontally from your perspective that will work just fine!

I was working on a way to prevent this "script confusion" but then I realized that this is actually a feature not a design flaw. This way you do not bunch up the bottles and shoot at them as a large target to cheat the points.

I have stated a new PC (who cannot hit the broad side of an Ogre ) as a result of PC crash and reformat, and I wanted a Minimalistic mod for archery practice.

All the other archery practice mods I tried either had too many issues to run reliably or was too convoluted (IMO) for such a simple thing as archery practice.

This mod is only about 60 lines of script with no game magic or enchanted weapons involved at all!

I will try to fix bugs if any are that bad, but I have no time to "improve" this mod, so any suggestions for "improvements" will be unfortunately ignored unless it tickles my fancy so much I will drop all my other work and projects just to add it in.

Load order is not important for this mod, and the only way (I know of at this time) it could conflict with another mod is if that other mod prevents my bottles from showing up in the Archer’s Paradox shop.

In that case load my mod after the conflicting mod.

REQUIREMENTS

------------------------

OBSE 20 or better needed.

Legal

-----------------

Do not re-upload this mod to any other place on the net!

Do not make it available in any way other than where I have uploaded it to on TesAlliance.

Modders may "adapt" my work as long as you do not take the credit for all the creative work I did to get this mod to work in this unique way. (I.E, credit me fully for the way the mod works). And only if you make your mod different enough to provide an alternative for players that would not otherwise use my mod. I.E do not make a disguised knock off that will conflict with my mod.

THANKS TO

-----------------

The OBSE team, what would Oblivion be today without their work?

And of course Bethesda for allowing all of us to shape and personalize our own virtual playgrounds!

They deserve every coin the get for this game!

For the most advanced SCA combat with sword and shield:

http://www.spookyfx.com/book/tromp.html

What's New in Version REV 1.1

Released

• Rev 1.1 Previous version was taking way too long (only incremented the skill up 1 point out of 100 needed to raise the skill level.)
  • This version will raise your skill level much faster (30 points).

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.