DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Duke Patricks - Philosophers Stone Artifacts 4.2

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Duke Patricks - Philosophers Stone Artifacts

4.1 NEW Star Charts plus some tweaks so that the calcs should be work the way I intended them to.

NEWS

HUGE change with new more advanced dynamic description generator! If you are upgrading from any REV before rev 3 you must do a clean install. NEW TEXTURES AND MESH PLEASE LOAD ALL FILES!

Also, I was getting a little irritated with the idea that I would be putting a heck of a lot of work into the extreme reward score "valuable Clutter" and no one would get to see it unless they had a god PC and was an expert player. Then it occurred to me to include the PC LUCK in the formula to help calculate what DURS item you would get. So a very lucky PC has a better chance to find the rarer items but even an low luck PC has a small chance.

REQUIREMENTS: OBSE 20 or better needed.

NOTE: THIS MOD NEITHER USES NOR EFFECTS THE VANILLA LEVEL LISTS!

Do not edit or merge the level lists in this mod (there are only 2 of them) or you will create game play issues!

I I only offer support on the Bethesda forums:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1211214-relz-duke-patricks-philosophers-stone-artifacts/page__st__20__gopid__18150963#entry18150963

New dynamic system to generate unlimited valuable clutter. It is off by default so if you want to use it read the about it first (in the INI file) and turn it on. I will be adding new "seed" items (the base items used to make the clutter) to this feature every day for a few days.

WHAT THIS MOD CAN DO

I hate having an epic battle in a dungeon only to find that the locked chest the enemy was guarding only had an apple and a tong or worse nothing at all. This mod changes worthless clutter into solid gold Artifacts that were made as a result of Alchemic experiments done by some unknown Mage ages ago. These artifacts are actually collectors items that would be worth a great deal ; more than the gold they are made from as the secret transformation method has been lost to the known world. However at this time almost no one now knows about this. So when these artifacts are found and sold they are assumed to only be sculptures (unusual art work ) made from gold. Thus, unfortunately they only sell for "their weight in gold."

Mod design note: To get the clutter to look like solid gold I used an system I developed for another mod to make all items look like wood. I ended up not using it for that mod for various reasons

but for this mod the system was PERFECT! The Objects you find will actually look like they are made of gold with only a few cases were they may look like wood with gold paint or have a very corroded brass like green tint.

This mod monitors your combat and calculates a Reward Score based on how hard of a fight you had to get to the container. Once you reach the Reward Score Objective number or more the mod will change clutter in the next locked chest you find as long as it is in the same cell you had your hard fight in.

The calculation logic to accomplish all this is clever but simple, as such the mod is not 100% full proof. But this mod was made as a personal mod just to patch this irritating issue in my game with empty chests and only secondarily as a mod for public use.So please keep that in mind if you decide to use this mod.

The Reward Score only advances when you are in combat and in physical contact with your opponents ( being hit or hitting them.) This includes range combat and spell casting but the mod default settings favors melee combat. The Score will start to dissipate once you are completely out off combat (no NPC or creature has you on their combat target list) and you are no longer in the same cell that you were in when the score started advancing. So if you leave the cell before getting your Gold Artifact you can still return to get it as long as the Reward Score has not dwindled down to zero yet.

########### DYNAMIC UNLIMITED REWARD SYSTEM (DURS) ###################

This is a radical feature that you must understand completely before you turn it on. It dynamically generates new items with infinitely different gold values and hundreds of different descriptions in a similar way that guns were generated in the borderlands game.

The beauty of this system is that I can use ONE mesh (I call them item seeds) to produce 100s of different grade items. So you will find this zip package very very small compared to other loot mods.

This is off by default. Read the INI descriptions file before you turn this on.

What's New in Version 4.2

Released

• 4.2 Fix Star Charts so they generate the proper descriptions like the other times in this mod. Also the message box for the trainer is changed to a flash message instead.
  • 4.1 NEW Star Charts plus some tweaks so that the calcs should be work the way I intended them to.
  • 4 Removed lost rings from mod. An issue that could not be worked around forced me to remove this item. Improved the reward system trainer script by including the cell the player is in and the reward cell in the messages. Small bug fixes.
  • 3.5 Removed the DEV code in REV 3.4 that gave you rings all the time and all for the same guy! Sorry about that.
  • 3.4 NEW item Engraved Rings! Find the owner that lost it and you might get a reward!
  • 3.3 Spelling correction and a small bug fix.
  • 3.2 NEW perfume "seed" and now most items will come in various sizes!
  • 3.1.1 small bug fix to get the deeds to work and the player's Luck to now work in the calcs.
  • 3.1 Now the long descriptions DO stay on your DURS objects! Plus new bank note type items! But you will need to press your pick button for 0.2 seconds or more in your inventory to see the long descriptions for DURS objects.
  • 3 Huge change you must do a full install and a clean install. More advanced dynamic description generator! If you are upgrading from any REV before rev 3 you must do a clean install. NEW TEXTURES AND MESH PLEASE LOAD ALL FILES!
  • 2.3.1 New seed items including ivory figurines, architectural siege weapon plans, star charts and more. Plus a fix for the puzzle boxes.
  • 2.3 Fix major issue that made getting items too easy and setting the INI correctly impossible. Add New Clutter item Dwemer Puzzle Box.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.