Huge force field experiment
I was conducting some experiments, hoping to create a giant force field that would cover several exterior cells. Here's some curious limitations that I found out about the Oblivion rendering engine:
- DistantLOD meshes can be transparent and the background land can be seen through them.
- Water inside or behind a distantLOD mesh won't be rendered though...
- Neither will other DistantLOD objects... making transparency pointless in most cases.
- If the distantLOD mesh has collision data, it won't be used by the engine.
- As a result, for really huge distantLOD objects, the player can walk right into them... until the regular mesh loads and the collision data ejects them all the way back out.
Image META information
|Original File Size||109071|